Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In (Part 2)

Comments

• Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Doubt it, unless Young Davros survives.

Oh DB, can you please think you before you post. Of course young Davros would survive because then we wouldn't have old Davros. Go back to one of my previous posts where I said it was likely the Doctor would end up rescuing a child who we would then learn was Davros.

They're not actually going to kill Davros as a kid. Someone - perhaps Missy might attempt to kill Davros, only for the Doctor to intervene and prevent that from happening.
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    True. I just can't see Doctor Who doing a 'The Doctor murders a child' story.

Very true. And besides, we've already had a 'Captain Jack murders a child' storyline.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,055
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »

I really hated that version of the Police Box when it was first introduced. I love it now. It photographs beautifully. And it looks really strong and sturdy.

A bit different to the old days when it always looked like a strong gust of wind would make it collapse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Lady of TrakenLady of Traken Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh oh oh ( excited squeal!!! one of my favourite characters)

"Aye Doctor... I'm sure that's the dematerialisation circuit"

Wonder if this is a special appearance ?
  • bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't look at this thread often so am a bit confused about this 'young Davros' rumour everyone is talking about. Where did it originate from and what's it about? Sounds like an interesting idea.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't look at this thread often so am a bit confused about this 'young Davros' rumour everyone is talking about. Where did it originate from and what's it about? Sounds like an interesting idea.

There was originally a rumour floating about that this series would feature Davros "before the chair." Then The Mirror came out with this (sensationalist) report.

Capaldi did quite a bit of independent location work or studio filming for the opening two-parter, so while we picked up titbits from Clara/Missy/UNIT, we don't really know what The Doctor is up to at all.

Except that he's standing around on a smoky wasteland with someone dressed in an S.S-like leather jacket - and about to make a mistake with 'cataclysmic repercussions.'

Which hasn't really helped debunk The Mirror's story :p
  • Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I really hope this means Jamie is returning to Doctor Who. I'd love to see Peter Capaldi and Frazer Hines together; they'd really bounce off each other.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I think it's just him visiting the set. Katy Manning did a while back too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Check out the TARDIS wall behind Peter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »

It probably is, which is a shame if so. But one can hope.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Check out the TARDIS wall behind Peter.

Small roundals?
  • stocklenstocklen Posts: 4,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Small roundals?

and whats happened to all the bookshelves? Have they gone now?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stocklen wrote: »
    and whats happened to all the bookshelves? Have they gone now?

Maybe they were infested with Vashta Nerada?;-)
    Forum Member
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »

There's a picture of Peter with Janet Fielding when she visited the set too (not in the TARDIS though). He seems a very popular Doctor for past companions to visit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mulett wrote: »
    There's a picture of Peter with Janet Fielding when she visited the set too (not in the TARDIS though). He seems a very popular Doctor for past companions to visit.

If I were Moffat, I would be using that to bring past companions into the episodes.
  • bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was originally a rumour floating about that this series would feature Davros "before the chair." Then The Mirror came out with this (sensationalist) report.

Capaldi did quite a bit of independent location work or studio filming for the opening two-parter, so while we picked up titbits from Clara/Missy/UNIT, we don't really know what The Doctor is up to at all.

Except that he's standing around on a smoky wasteland with someone dressed in an S.S-like leather jacket - and about to make a mistake with 'cataclysmic repercussions.'

Which hasn't really helped debunk The Mirror's story :p

Thanks, that sounds like an interesting opener for the series! Kind of hope it's true.
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I'm cautiously optimistic about this series so far, and off the back of an elated Christmas special from half a year ago I'm perhaps more excited for the show than I've been since Series 4.

My only concern so far is that I don't want to end up seeing the "Series 6 formula" again. I liked a lot of standalone stories in that series, but its biggest problem was that the opening two-parter wasn't self-contained at all, and the story arc consumed the entire series. At the end of Day of the Moon, the Doctor even asks Amy and Rory whether they want to find the little girl, or "just have some adventures" or something to that effect - basically, generalising and trivialising everything else the series set out to do. I'm all for an ongoing story arc, but it needs balance and restraint.

The Davros idea seems intriguing and I actually somewhat hope that it's true - combined with Missy, and the international filming, and the inclusion of UNIT and Kate, and the actresses who played Ohila and the Shadow Proclamation woman there's just so much going on and we barely know a thing! It's superb! And that's just the first two episodes - if they find that balance and restraint then there's a whole mysterious series in wait...with a Doctor and companion I both really, really like :D

Are we thinking any of the major players of Series 9 are going to return again in the series finale? Missy again, perhaps? Or Kate and Osgood yet again? Maybe Davros if there's credence to his appearance earlier on? Or even a very long shot but someone else - Jack or River, maybe? The so-far absent Paternoster Gang? I know many would loathe any of these options, but I would love the first two so much! I wouldn't mind the Paternosters showing up either.
    Forum Member
    Are we thinking any of the major players of Series 9 are going to return again in the series finale? Missy again, perhaps? Or Kate and Osgood yet again? Maybe Davros if there's credence to his appearance earlier on? Or even a very long shot but someone else - Jack or River, maybe? I would love that so much!

One of the most bonkers things about Season 9 is that, technically, the BBC has released a lot of information - particularly on-set or back-stage photographs. And yet we know very little about what Season 9 is actually about. Everything you've said (above) is possible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm cautiously optimistic about this series so far, and off the back of an elated Christmas special from half a year ago I'm perhaps more excited for the show than I've been since Series 4.

My only concern so far is that I don't want to end up seeing the "Series 6 formula" again. I liked a lot of standalone stories in that series, but its biggest problem was that the opening two-parter wasn't self-contained at all, and the story arc consumed the entire series. At the end of Day of the Moon, the Doctor even asks Amy and Rory whether they want to find the little girl, or "just have some adventures" or something to that effect - basically, generalising and trivialising everything else the series set out to do. I'm all for an ongoing story arc, but it needs balance and restraint.

The Davros idea seems intriguing and I actually somewhat hope that it's true - combined with Missy, and the international filming, and the inclusion of UNIT and Kate, and the actresses who played Ohila and the Shadow Proclamation woman there's just so much going on and we barely know a thing! It's superb! And that's just the first two episodes - if they find that balance and restraint then there's a whole mysterious series in wait...with a Doctor and companion I both really, really like :D

Are we thinking any of the major players of Series 9 are going to return again in the series finale? Missy again, perhaps? Or Kate and Osgood yet again? Maybe Davros if there's credence to his appearance earlier on? Or even a very long shot but someone else - Jack or River, maybe? The so-far absent Paternoster Gang? I know many would loathe any of these options, but I would love the first two so much! I wouldn't mind the Paternosters showing up either.

Jack- yes please.

River- not so much.

Wouldn't it be great if all the companion actors such as Katy Manning and Janet Fielding who have been seen with Peter Capaldi made shock appearances in the finale too?
  • Daniel DareDaniel Dare Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

'I stepped from the TARDIS onto a bleak planet. All around the ground was ravaged - no vegetation, banks of chilling fog swirling through the air... why had I been brought here?'
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Jack- yes please.

River- not so much.

Wouldn't it be great if all the companion actors such as Katy Manning and Janet Fielding who have been seen with Peter Capaldi made shock appearances in the finale too?

I had a feeling you of all people would be pro-Jack. :p
    Personally I'd like to see both of them back at once... not just because of the awesome chemistry I think both actors and characters would have on-screen together, but because it really does call for a phenomenal event to bring them back into the fold...something big enough to need them both at once. This is why I like the idea of a time-travelling ensemble for Moffat's last story. River is basically his biggest original triumph (even if she is divisive in general) and Jack debuted in a Moffat-penned story. It'd be fitting to have them both back at once - give her character the total closure her fans want as well as a chance to see her alongside at least one more Doctor on-screen, give his character a chance to return and bridge the two showrunners a little bit more and maybe explore those 'two lost years of memories' that were alluded to in Series 1. You could also bring back Jenny, given that it was apparently Moffat that recommended she be spared for future use...see them all unite together, along with the Paternoster's, and the UNIT Team...probably chuck Missy in there somewhere for a universal-scale event - something that will go down in history for its significance in the DW-universe, facing a threat like no other (so not Daleks, Cybermen or Missy herself).

That being said, it's not something I feel I want to see for Series 9...and sounds extremely difficult to put together without sounding anything but fanw**ky. But I would really appreciate a return face of some description.
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'I stepped from the TARDIS onto a bleak planet. All around the ground was ravaged - no vegetation, banks of chilling fog swirling through the air... why had I been brought here?'

Quite!
  • jxbrennajxbrenna Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a feeling you of all people would be pro-Jack. :p
    Personally I'd like to see both of them back at once... not just because of the awesome chemistry I think both actors and characters would have on-screen together, but because it really does call for a phenomenal event to bring them back into the fold...something big enough to need them both at once. This is why I like the idea of a time-travelling ensemble for Moffat's last story. River is basically his biggest original triumph (even if she is divisive in general) and Jack debuted in a Moffat-penned story. It'd be fitting to have them both back at once - give her character the total closure her fans want as well as a chance to see her alongside at least one more Doctor on-screen, give his character a chance to return and bridge the two showrunners a little bit more and maybe explore those 'two lost years of memories' that were alluded to in Series 1. You could also bring back Jenny, given that it was apparently Moffat that recommended she be spared for future use...see them all unite together, along with the Paternoster's, and the UNIT Team...probably chuck Missy in there somewhere for a universal-scale event - something that will go down in history for its significance in the DW-universe, facing a threat like no other (so not Daleks, Cybermen or Missy herself).

That being said, it's not something I feel I want to see for Series 9...and sounds extremely difficult to put together without sounding anything but fanw**ky. But I would really appreciate a return face of some description.

i remember a scene in ARROW where Alex Kingston and John Barrowmans Characters were feet from one another i just remember thinking "Malcom just walk into the Dectectives Office, Just do it!" :D:D

But yeah id love to see Jack and River comparing past adventures with one another :)
This discussion has been closed.