Options

Deadpool (2016)

GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
Forum Member
Now official there is new Marvels comic film of starring Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, you maybe remember his character cameo in Wolverine Origins?

All thanks to this test footage last year;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glEcKXvgPs4

There was rumors about rating of film, PG13 or R.

Ryan Reynolds release this today that the film will be PG-13...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUEkqZxLyrg

:D

Comments

• Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring it on.
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    I'm looking forward to this very much. Love a lot of this genre and I'm pleased it's an attempt at possibly building a franchise of a character little known outside the comic book fandom world.
    I'm also a bit of a fan of Ryan Reynolds and I just think he needs to hit his stride role wise.
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Don't worry Goaty as I fell for the same April Fool from Ryan Reynolds about Deadpool being PG-13!

Just so glad it's going to be R in the US which is 15 in the UK
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    R is a mix of 15 and 18 really. No-one under 17 can get in without an adult present. Plenty of R films have been given 15's and plenty have been given 18's. All depends on the content, but I imagine they will aim for a 15 in the UK.
  • Options
    wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ages ago, I had the idea that the Deadpool movie should open with Deadpool at the cinema watching X-Men: Origins and booing and hissing and throwing popcorn at the screen. I hope this film is suitably 4th wall breaking.
  • Options
    giratalkialgagiratalkialga Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    IMHO it will most likely be rated 15. From the comics we know that the violence, no matter how strong, will be played for laughs and cartoon-like. These days you tend to only get an 18 for extreme and realistic horror films.

It will be similar in style and tone to Kick-Ass which was completely fine at a 15 rating.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well I thought that R rating that has been confirmed by Ryan Reynolds was the U.S. equivalent of a 15 in the UK

The previous poster was correct as it does have to be very extreme to get a 18 rating in the UK now!
  • Options
    giratalkialgagiratalkialga Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    Motthus wrote: »
    I thought that the R rating that has been confirmed by Ryan Reynolds was the U.S. equivalent of a 15 in the UK

The R covers both the 15 and 18 ratings for the most part (in 3 rare cases it's even covered the 12A rating*).
    The NC-17 rating (the upper end of the 18 cert) is box office poison in the US with many cinema chains refusing to screen them so you'll find that most NC-17 films are cut to get an R in the US.
    To my knowledge the only NC-17 film with a 15 rating in the UK is Blue Valentine (it was eventually re-rated R on appeal in the US).

*The 3 that I know of are Terminator 3 (for violence and swearing - it really should've been a 15 in the UK), Mortdecai (swearing) and The King's Speech (swearing).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I just wonder when we get the first Deadpool teaser trailer?
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Motthus wrote: »
    I just wonder when we get the first Deadpool teaser trailer?

It's out in Feb so I'd be surprised if we didn't see a trailer this summer.

Batman v Superman is due in March and we had that trailer last month.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes well that's why I asked the question because of Batman Vs Superman teaser trailer being released already

Maybe we will get it before Ant Man when that is released but that will be 12A
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Dead pool could do with some good exposure so putting it in front of any summer blockbuster would make the most sense. Then have another trailer in front of Spectre, Mockingjay or Star Wars.

It also has the graveyard slot of been released in Feb, so they'll need to drum up some hype for it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That is true but then it may go in Deadpool favour as it's not your typical comic book film that people have experienced before.So putting it so early in the year may draw in more people interested to see what this film is about especially if they hype it up correctly!
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another little tidbit that's good to see.
    Deadpool will be released in UK cinemas on February 12, 2016 and in the US on February 16, 2016.

4 days before the US :)
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Really can't wait for this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trailer !!!!!!

In mobile phone comic-con shakey-cam quality of course :). If the film is as good as the trailer, they may just have done it right. my excitement is now officially off the scale :D

http://www.dorkly.com/post/75251/youre-seriously-missing-out-if-you-dont-watch-the-leaked-deadpool-trailer
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The trailer SO good fans demanded an encore.

Take that Batman v Superman and Suidice Squad! :D

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a657821/deadpool-trailer-was-shown-twice-at-comic-con-panel-due-to-fan-demand.html#~pifh57tWqBL4Wf
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait for the official release of the trailer to see how good it looks. This line from the DS article sums it up well:D
    He smells the smoke from his guns and says: "I'm touching myself tonight."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well Ryan Reynolds has tweeted that as much as they want to release the comic con trailer footage they can't as the visual effects are not complete yet!

However they will have some for us in 3 weeks
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it looked like it was complete from the video shown at Comic Con. All they need to do is put a disclaimer at the start to sat its a work in progress. From the reaction it got on Saturday I would say people will be happy to see it in its current form.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just thought I would move this thread forward for the poster who started the other thread I posted in

Well maybe they plan to add extra scenes to trailer than the footage shown at Comic Con?
  • Options
    TexAveryWolfTexAveryWolf Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theres no easy way to say this, Im pregnant, Trevor.

Now my most anticipated movie of 2016. Guaranteed laughs, and may just manage to be an adult superhero movie, and a game changer.
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Teaser Trailer: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=873361809424493&fref=nf

Full trailer out tomorrow
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That is a great teaser for a trailer!
  • Options
    Ben_CaesarBen_Caesar Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    I don't understand, is this movie going to be R/15 rated? What's with the language? Not familiar with this Deadpool character (though I don't follow any comics, just comic book movies).