Twin Peaks

Comments

• JCRJCR Posts: 24,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to tp.com appears to be down, trailer is here- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5EqPZMZO4s

NB- HOLY SHIT!
  • barrowgirlbarrowgirl Posts: 1,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WOW the trailer with those missinv scenes from FWWM...WOW!

Ah wow what a total treat this is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5EqPZMZO4s&feature=youtu.be

http://andthemissingpieces.tumblr.com/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twin Peaks UK Festival 2014

15TH NOVEMBER 2014

Genesis Cinema

93-95 Mile End Road

Whitechapel

London

E1 4UJ

2014 GUESTS:

SHERYL LEE (Laura Palmer)

DANA ASHBROOK (Bobby Briggs)

JAMES MARSHALL (James Hurley)
    more cast to be added........
    my son's been to this before and said it's good .
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UK pre orders for the set is up on amazon, it currently costs £49.75, happily it's being advertised as having the exact same content as the USA version.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7Ue1KMWNAU

link to Kimmy Robertson's unboxing of the long awaited Twin Peaks on blu ray with deleted scenes - quite witty !
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Daily repeats of the series start on SyFy on Monday night
  • DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Twin Peaks

Mixed feelings about this boxset, although I'm annoyed at yet another definitive collection (after forking out before), this one really does seem definitive and the extras and high def transfer look wonderful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Daily repeats of the series start on SyFy on Monday night

It says in the TV guides, that they are going to start with episode 3, do you think this is a mistake? Or is it the custom to show Twin Peaks out of order?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can they start a show like TP on episode 3 ? doesn't make sense to me .
  • Kieran SeymourKieran Seymour Posts: 895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barrowgirl wrote: »
    How can they start a show like TP on episode 3 ? doesn't make sense to me .

Simple answer: they're not. Syfy's own website shows that they're starting with the pilot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    good to hear , thanks for posting.
    Forum Member
    iut044 wrote: »
    It says in the TV guides, that they are going to start with episode 3, do you think this is a mistake? Or is it the custom to show Twin Peaks out of order?
    Sky EPG says Pilot ep.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    Daily Mail TV guide says that their starting from episode 1. Tvguide.co.uk and virgin media TV guide say their starting with episode 3.
  • donovan5donovan5 Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow loved Twin Peaks at the time.The 2nd series tailed off a bit but overall great viewing.
    I still remember having a vivid nightmare about Bob and I'm not someone who ever suffers from bad dreams,he was just that creepy.
    Madly in love with Sherilyn Fenn when it was on and was pleased to see she still looked pretty hot when they did the Psych Dual Spires episode.
    Forum Member
    It's a double bill.

Pilot part 1 & part 2 back to back tonight
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never watched this when it first aired (too busy raving!). Just started with the pilot and can't believe I've missed out on this for nearly a quarter of a century. And the soundtrack is just awesome.
  • couchpotato2011couchpotato2011 Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Started watching this on Netflix. On the third ep so far. It's a bit weird.
  • sebanellisebanelli Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    Well, I got to Ep 3 before giving up. Dreadful acting, irritating soundtrack (basically 4 pieces of music looped) and really stupid scenes that, at times, made absolutely no sense. And dont get me started on that bloody Audrey bint! The whole thing is just plain weird and I'm baffled as to why so many people rave about this rubbish. Sorry, but for me this was a total waste of time.
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did get around to watching the whole series. Enjoyed series 1, and part of series 2. Then I thought it turned into complete drivel, and I resorted to fast forwarding through entire scenes. I eventually gave up and just jumped to the final episode, but I was pretty much beyond caring what happened to any of the characters by then.
  • chloedancerchloedancer Posts: 6,486
    Forum Member
    Love love love this show.

First saw it as a kid,didn't have a clue what was going on.watched it again in my teens and its been my favorite tv show ever since.Also loved FWWM and played the soundtrack thousands of times.Used to freak friends out with the Erie music "the black dogs run at night":D Angelo is a genius.

I went through a collection phase in my late teens and have signed photos,twin peaks board game,agent cooper cassette tape,Diane book,Laura Palmer diary. I need to re-read the books.

I remember eagerly waiting for the first dvd boxset.never thought it would be released and was delighted when it was.

characters i liked - bobby and Audrey and Shelley and agent cooper and that old guy *thumbs up*

characters i disliked - the sheriff,Leo,james and Donna

Loved the music in both twin peaks and the FWWM.especially "Audrey's Dance" and "Dance of the Dream Man"

Is the new box set really worth getting?

Have been re-watching recently since i discovered a podcast that's really informative and quite funny.Canadian i think.so i watch an episode and follow it with a podcast.turns out there is quite a bit i missed in previous watches.
  • grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love love love this show.

First saw it as a kid,didn't have a clue what was going on.watched it again in my teens and its been my favorite tv show ever since.Also loved FWWM and played the soundtrack thousands of times.Used to freak friends out with the Erie music "the black dogs run at night":D Angelo is a genius.

I went through a collection phase in my late teens and have signed photos,twin peaks board game,agent cooper cassette tape,Diane book,Laura Palmer diary. I need to re-read the books.

I remember eagerly waiting for the first dvd boxset.never thought it would be released and was delighted when it was.

characters i liked - bobby and Audrey and Shelley and agent cooper and that old guy *thumbs up*

characters i disliked - the sheriff,Leo,james and Donna

Loved the music in both twin peaks and the FWWM.especially "Audrey's Dance" and "Dance of the Dream Man"

Is the new box set really worth getting?

Have been re-watching recently since i discovered a podcast that's really informative and quite funny.Canadian i think.so i watch an episode and follow it with a podcast.turns out there is quite a bit i missed in previous watches.

Only on disc 5 of the new box set but have to say id heartly recommend the new boxset. Looks fantastic in hd and has got a long list of extras. I didn't have any of the previous box sets so I really cant say if its worthwhile upgrading though. This was a birthday present and I had never seen it before. Loving it so far.
  • grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sebanelli wrote: »
    Well, I got to Ep 3 before giving up. Dreadful acting, irritating soundtrack (basically 4 pieces of music looped) and really stupid scenes that, at times, made absolutely no sense. And dont get me started on that bloody Audrey bint! The whole thing is just plain weird and I'm baffled as to why so many people rave about this rubbish. Sorry, but for me this was a total waste of time.

It's the plain weirdness that drew me in. Its an utter bonkers show. In 1990 there was nothing like this totally unique. It does have a fifties feel and at the same time it feels timeless. The repetitive music and bad acting just feels part of its charm.if you had gotten to the revelation of who killed Laura it would have blown your mind.
  • XXRunXXXXRunXX Posts: 2,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grazey1985 wrote: »
    It's the plain weirdness that drew me in. Its an utter bonkers show. In 1990 there was nothing like this totally unique. It does have a fifties feel and at the same time it feels timeless. The repetitive music and bad acting just feels part of its charm.if you had gotten to the revelation of who killed Laura it would have blown your mind.

I loved this show when it was first shown, but I had to stop watching I think midway through series two, it got seriously weird some of the scenes just freaked me out, and as I lived alone in quite an isolated house, I was too scared to watch it:blush:
    I did think that you would never find out all the ins and outs of the mysteries and certainly not who killed Laura Palmer which made me feel better about giving up on it, now I'm just cross with myself >:(
  • LMLM Posts: 63,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found the acting in this show incredibly awful. I adore David Lynch but for me, this show was all style over substance. The writing could be debatable in quality. Once Laura Palmer's murder was solved, no one cared and the ratings dropped. The fact the show ended on a cliffhanger, bugs me on why people swarm over a show that never really got a conclusion.

But then i also respect those who love it and why love it.