Bt Sport woes

daver34daver34 Posts: 825
Forum Member
✭✭
Tried today to sign upto bt sport on sky via online, got to a page telling me outstanding order on my line.(i have bt broadband)

Last week cancelled my bt vision subscription(crap new design) , now this has stopped me from signing up for bt sports on sky. Rang bt to be told i would have to cancel bt vision cancellation,sign up for bt sport on sky then cancel bt vision.

I wonder if they would have stopped me upgrading to infinity?.
Seems a strange system they run to manage customer accounts.

Comments

• promo-onlypromo-only Posts: 3,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do you need to cancel the cancellation of BT Vision? That sounds like a ploy to get you back! How long does it take to cancel down? Will it be before the new season starts?
  • daver34daver34 Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I queried bt rep about it ,his stance was because something was pending on my account nothing could be changed unless i stopped ongoing cancellation,he then went and spoke to someone else? , but came back with the same answer.

Cancellation is 1 month and was outwith contract period.

If i dont uncancel vision i will have to pay for bt sport on sky because vision cancels mid august.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suppose it's a fair response from them while you have something pending.

How long would the process take if you cancel the Vision cancellation, add BT Sport and then cancel Vision again? Is that a same day turn around?
  • daver34daver34 Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never asked how long the process would take, would they stop me upgrading to infinity? whilst something else happens on my account. Seems stupid to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have thought when adding products & services it would happen remarkably quick. It's when cancelling things down that it takes a while.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    I moved house the other week and I couldn't do a home move as I had an outstanding order on my line. The bloke from BT just cancelled the order, and I had to just wait 24 hours before I could do the home move online. Everything went fine.

It actually went better than fine: the outstanding order was for the YouView box I got nine months ago. The order never completed and they never took the money for it ;) I sold the Powerline Adapters that came with it for nearly forty quid, too; almost paid for my years subscription to Essentials, which happens to be money for nothing.