Options

Willian

daver34daver34 Posts: 825
Forum Member
✭✭
If who ever he signs up for, will it be for money or the chance of wining silverware or geographical location or combination of them all. Were any premiership clubs in the running for his signature before he signed for anzi.

Comments

• Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    does it matter? hope he goes liverpool or spurs, hopefully liverpool as they play some delicious stuff under rodgers and he would fit in well.
  • Options
    KierenjKierenj Posts: 2,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    does it matter? hope he goes liverpool or spurs, hopefully liverpool as they play some delicious stuff under rodgers and he would fit in well.

agree, although I obviously don't want him at Liverpool...

I don't see where he'd fit in at Utd so I imagine that's just lazy reporting.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect that wherever he ends up, many people will say "if he's so good, why didn't <insert club name here> try to sign him?".
  • Options
    sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fergie was apparently keen on him for a while.
  • Options
    taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,969
    Forum Member
    Spurs were quite close to signing him last January, but weren't willing to pay Shaktar what they were asking. Now with the imminent loss of Gareth Bale, and the excess cash that will bring in, they're willing to pay anything for him.
  • Options
    DirtyBarrySpeedDirtyBarrySpeed Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think AVB has been after him for awhile, wanted him when he was at Chelsea and also after he joined Spurs.