Forum Member
    xp95 wrote: »
    How stereotypical! :rolleyes::yawn:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    ;)
  • Scott ChegScott Cheg Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    Reading further in the article:

Mr Carbines, a songwriter, also says a hard drive containing his self-penned songs and the service history of his 1986 Ford Capri are missing.

• Pepperoni ManPepperoni Man Posts: 7,798
    Forum Member
    If me and Mrs Pep split up I suspect she would only grant me a divorce on the condition that I took my records with me!! :o
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    Not being funny - if you had an big interest or hobby and collected these yourself (so they really are yours) would you be happy if someone not involved in their purchase were to just take them? How would you feel?

Maybe he is sad - but it is his hobby, why shouldn't he hold onto it?

Exactly. Not sad in the slightest. Anyone that has a hobby that's not seen as 'cool' always gets seen by some as sad.
  • Slarti BartfastSlarti Bartfast Posts: 6,607
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    Exactly. Not sad in the slightest. Anyone that has a hobby that's not seen as 'cool' always gets seen by some as sad.

If someone thinks owning an early pressing of The Beatles' White Album is sad then you can only assume that their version of cool will be something utterly atrocious. :D
  • coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    How stereotypical! :rolleyes::yawn:

I'm sorry ... weren't you the one claiming that suing to recover property was "American"?

I guess that doesn't count as stereotypical! Well, not according to your definition anyway! :D
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If someone thinks owning an early pressing of The Beatles' White Album is sad then you can only assume that their version of cool will be something utterly atrocious. :D

Yep. There's a lot of different hobbies out there.
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really can't believe people think he's sad for wanting his property, worth £17,500 back!

Sorry but what the hell is wrong with people?
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    geniusgirl wrote: »
    He sounds like a right sad act

Would you just let it go then ?
  • xp95xp95 Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry ... weren't you the one claiming that suing to recover property was "American"?

I guess that doesn't count as stereotypical! Well, not according to your definition anyway! :D
    This is all tying my mind up in knots just reading it! :(
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is all tying my mind up in knots just reading it! :(

Makes more sense than agreeing someone is sad for not just happily handing over 17 grands worth of stuff.
  • Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If me and Mrs Pep split up I suspect she would only grant me a divorce on the condition that I took my records with me!! :o

I was about to post similiar - if me and the OH ever split up I would be begging him to take his record collection (along with all his books - he doesn't seem to have heard of a Kindle :D)
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kaz159 wrote: »
    I was about to post similiar - if me and the OH ever split up I would be begging him to take his record collection (along with all his books - he doesn't seem to have heard of a Kindle :D)

Nothing will ever beat the smell of a new book or the sound of the pages rustling as you flick through it.
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    Nothing will ever beat the smell of a new book or the sound of the pages rustling as you flick through it.

I prefer the traditional book too. I can see the good points about a kindle but paper for me every time.
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nah kindle beats it :p
  • terry45terry45 Posts: 2,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Putting the word genius in your username wasn't your smartest decision.
  • Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Lovely as that is there comes a point where a small house just can't store any more books and he won't part with any at all, even if he's read them more than once.

Luckily he doesn't have 7,000 books (yet) or 7,000 records :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    terry45 wrote: »
    Putting the word genius in your username wasn't your smartest decision.

:D:D:D

Boom - headshot.
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I collect both books and vinyl, and one thing that comes close is the first time you open a gatefold and slide out out the inner sleeves.
  • xp95xp95 Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, you said it. :)
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Putting aside the most ludicrously pathetic and childish comments i've had the displeasure to read on a thread what does seem rather strange is "Miss Spaans last year made a legally-binding promise at Worthing County Court not to damage or dispose of any of his things left behind in the flat they once shared."

That's not quite the same as an Order being made for the return of property owned by Mr Carbines and I cannot understand why that line wasn't pursued at the time.

The article then goes on to say that "a Worthing County Court judge believed her when she said she had no more of his property."

Either Mr Carbines trusted his ex-fiance (big mistake), or simply didn't have particularly good legal representation.
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Think you will find that she is the sad act :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    Yep. There's a lot of different hobbies out there.

I don't do multi-player online gaming, have a Kindle, the lastest smartphone costing over sixty quid, have a tablet computer, use my laptop for graphics, animaion and ,now, music making, writing fiction and I don't use PHOTOSHOP either (these are what I believe is called having a hobby) and if doing and not having the above makes me sad you know where the alert button is.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can he even prove he bought those records? According to the article, the list was complied from his memory alone. No receipts of purchase. He'll have a tough time to get them back, I should think.
  • TheCloakroom99TheCloakroom99 Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    PrimalIce wrote: »
    A real man would have simply given her everything he had, including the clothes on his back.

No such thing as a real man. Total and utter made up bollocks.