Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    I ❤️❤️❤️ This time of year!!! 🎅🎄🎁

Hohoho⛄️⛄️👍
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Friday starts the merry-go-round of gaming for me with Horizon 2.
    I actually can't wait, I really need more games on my Xbox One to play. Feels like ages ago the last one I bought.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have mine pre-ordered so looking forward to it. Looks like Outlast set in the Alien universe which is fine by me.

Since I'd only ever seen Alien I watched Aliens at the weekend to prepare myself and gonna try and watch Alien 3 before I get it too.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Woodbine wrote: »

Gotta say, I find screenshots like that strangely worrying.

After decades of disappointment with games set in the Alien/Predator universe, whenever I see stuff like the Nostromo-style hypersleep chambers, the Giraud-inspired space-suits and the Nostromo-style mess-hall, I can't help worrying that it's more about bunging in as much stuff as possible to make fanboys jizz themselves rather than creating a game that the genre actually deserves.

Everything I've read about this game says it's going to be great but I read the same stuff about A:CM and AvP3 too so I'm not getting my hopes up too much this time.
    I'm really not. :blush:
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tombigbee wrote: »
    Since I'd only ever seen Alien I watched Aliens at the weekend to prepare myself and gonna try and watch Alien 3 before I get it too.

It's set after Alien, stars the daughter of the main character from Alien, and directly copies the look and feel of Alien - that is the only film you'd need to watch beforehand to "prepare", don't waste time with Alien 3.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    It's set after Alien, stars the daughter of the main character from Alien, and directly copies the look and feel of Alien - that is the only film you'd need to watch beforehand to "prepare", don't waste time with Alien 3.

I'm gonna watch the movies in preparation aswell! ... Such a cool idea! 👍

(Ya never know this game might actually be decent! ... Maybe Sega & Co will redeem themselves after the AC:M debacle!) 🙏
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

(Ya never know this game might actually be decent! ... Maybe Sega & Co will redeem themselves after the AC:M debacle!) 🙏

A.cm was a cock up. Delay after delay....

Dosent seem to be the case with this one...

Arnt creative assembly meant to be a good developer ??
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just watch the first one, Aliens and the follow up films will have no bearing on this game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    Just watch the first one, Aliens and the follow up films will have no bearing on this game.

will do! 👍

(ps, does anyone know when this'll hit the U.S. Xbox store? ... It's gonna be a late birthday present!) 🎁
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well the Aliens Director's Cut has a scene near the beginning where Ripley is told about the fate of her daughter so you could say that's adding a bit more backstory. Been ages since I've watched Alien so can't remember if her daughter is mentioned in that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Gotta say, I find screenshots like that strangely worrying.

After decades of disappointment with games set in the Alien/Predator universe, whenever I see stuff like the Nostromo-style hypersleep chambers, the Giraud-inspired space-suits and the Nostromo-style mess-hall, I can't help worrying that it's more about bunging in as much stuff as possible to make fanboys jizz themselves rather than creating a game that the genre actually deserves.

Everything I've read about this game says it's going to be great but I read the same stuff about A:CM and AvP3 too so I'm not getting my hopes up too much this time.
    I'm really not. :blush:
    I'm getting a positive vibe from this game, people who have played the game and likes it gives me confidence it will be good.

I really like they went with this sort of game rather than a run and gun shooter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tombigbee wrote: »
    Well the Aliens Director's Cut has a scene near the beginning where Ripley is told about the fate of her daughter so you could say that's adding a bit more backstory. Been ages since I've watched Alien so can't remember if her daughter is mentioned in that.

I can't remember if Ripley's daughter is mentioned in Alien either.

But what you see in the DC of Aliens doesn't really add any backstory to the game - it doesn't tell us anything about Amanda *before* Alien: Isolation.

Of course, Aliens *is* still an awesome film. But it's not needed as "preparation" for Isolation. Only the original Alien is needed for that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't remember if Ripley's daughter is mentioned in Alien either.

But what you see in the DC of Aliens doesn't really add any backstory to the game - it doesn't tell us anything about Amanda *before* Alien: Isolation.

Of course, Aliens *is* still an awesome film. But it's not needed as "preparation" for Isolation. Only the original Alien is needed for that.

Still the possibility that there might be some references in the game that are a nod to the sequels. Plus now I know more about the Xenomorphs i.e. I need to run away from them as quickly as possible ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It specifically and directly copies the look and feel of Alien, the atmosphere, and the use of a single Alien. There has been nothing to suggest that it ties into or references anything other than the original film.

The PR for the game has concentrated on how it links to Alien, how it looks and feels like Alien, how it references Alien.

It's *all* about Alien.

And I *really* would avoid watching Alien 3 or Alien Resurrection - Not just because IMO they are unlikely to be referenced in Alien: Isolation and are not needed for "preparation", but also because they are *bad* films and would taint the first two... Especially Resurrection, which is even worse than Alien 3 and is an abomination.

Sorry if I'm coming across as a dick, but if you watch any of the Alien films released after Aliens you will most likely be disappointed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Xbox One version is available for digital pre-order and pre-download:

http://store.xbox.com/en-GB/Xbox-One/Games/Alien-Isolation-Nostromo-Edition/a70b2f0d-573f-4cce-80df-d6530ca1f598

It's the same "Nostromo Edition" that you get from pre-ordering the physical release, and comes with the "Crew Expendable" bonus mission featuring the cast of the original Alien film.

Sadly no "Sole Survivor" bonus mission, though (the one where you play Ripley at the end of Alien, trying to set the self-destruct and escape on the lifepod), as that's retailer-exclusive to GAME.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://store.xbox.com/en-GB/Xbox-One/Games/Alien-Isolation-Nostromo-Edition/a70b2f0d-573f-4cce-80df-d6530ca1f598

It's the same "Nostromo Edition" that you get from pre-ordering the physical release, and comes with the "Crew Expendable" bonus mission featuring the cast of the original Alien film.

Sadly no "Sole Survivor" bonus mission, though (the one where you play Ripley at the end of Alien, trying to set the self-destruct and escape on the lifepod), as that's retailer-exclusive to GAME.

£27 on HK store. Tempted... will wait for the reviews. I still think graphically it's pretty... well.. crappy :blush: It looks like a mid-gen PS3/360 game. Not a fan of the art style at all... but the premise interests me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just preordered from US store!!! ... $60 👍

(Genuinely looking forward 2 this!!!!) 🎁
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's annoying to be honest.... I hate all this retailer exclusive nonsense....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, retailer-exclusive content is a pain in the arse :( It's of no benefit to the consumer.

I am very interested in this game, but I think I'll wait for the reviews. I love the look and feel and the premise, but I want to know the story mode is actually good...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's annoying to be honest.... I hate all this retailer exclusive nonsense....

It'll be released as DLC / season pass no doubt! 😉
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Season Pass is for the Survivor Mode maps, but they have confirmed that the pre-order bonus DLC will be available separately "at a later date".
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've pre ordered the steelbook version with expendable crew content. I really hope its has good as it looks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    I've pre ordered the steelbook version with expendable crew content. I really hope its has good as it looks.

It will be.... It will be good
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    If anyone is thinking of getting Alien Isolation for the Xbox One the Nostromo edition is available on the Indian store for £25 which is the best price I've seen so far.