Options

One for Burnley residents....

Nattie01Nattie01 Posts: 1,658
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I will be visting the football ground next week and will be arriving at Manchester Road train station.

Is there a bus service between the station and Turf Moor? If not, is there a taxi rank nearby and how much approx would a taxi cost?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member
    Not a Burnley resident but a North West one... I always use this when planning a journey
    http://www.traveline-northwest.co.uk/cms/content/welcome.xhtml
  • Options
    Waj_100Waj_100 Posts: 3,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nattie01 wrote: »
    I will be visting the football ground next week and will be arriving at Manchester Road train station.

Is there a bus service between the station and Turf Moor? If not, is there a taxi rank nearby and how much approx would a taxi cost?

Thanks!

I pass the football ground quite often, but don't live in Burnley....If you are physically able it isn't very far to walk from the station to the football ground.
    You walk down Manchester road to the roundabout, onto Centenary Way, walk down the hill towards the bus station and Tesco, go right at the roundabout just past Tesco, the football ground is in sight at this point right in front of you. If you are an away supporter the entrance is on the main road you just walked along.

I'm sure there will be taxis and buses, but it isn't far to the ground so not expensive.

It would take longer to wait for a bus than it would take to walk to the ground, it really isn't far to walk...you can see the ground from the roundabout near the station.
    A taxi would take 3 minutes in normal traffic, in football traffic it would take ages.
  • Options
    Nattie01Nattie01 Posts: 1,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the responses Guys!

My son and I are going to a open day at UCFB and he'll never forgive me if we are late!
  • Options
    Waj_100Waj_100 Posts: 3,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    squirts mumsquirts mum Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a 10-15 minute walk from the train station if you are able to walk. Plenty of taxi's hanging around if you aren't able too.