1141516171820»

Comments

• gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to be a bit of pop in and out in the rear view mirror
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,396
    Forum Member
    Wii U version is dead, Seems they were struggling to get the game to run on it:
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wii-u-project-cars-cancelled-update/1100-6429050/

I saw a story maybe 2 months ago which said they were struggling to hit 23fps @ 720p.
    http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2015/05/25/project-cars-on-wii-u-struggling-to-maintain-consistent-720p-30fps/
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wii U version is dead, Seems they were struggling to get the game to run on it:
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wii-u-project-cars-cancelled-update/1100-6429050/

I saw a story maybe 2 months ago which said they were struggling to hit 23fps @ 720p.
    http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2015/05/25/project-cars-on-wii-u-struggling-to-maintain-consistent-720p-30fps/

Not a huge surprise. In fact I'm surprised they even tried to be honest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone play this now?

I love the online. In fact I've not tried career yet. You get a few rammers and penalised when not your fault now and then but generally I quite enjoy it.
    A few cars I struggle to keep in a straight line but if have the opportunity I like messing with tyre pressures to try to compensate.
  • flynnflynn Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »

I love the online. In fact I've not tried career yet. You get a few rammers and penalised when not your fault now and then but generally I quite enjoy it.
    A few cars I struggle to keep in a straight line but if have the opportunity I like messing with tyre pressures to try to compensate.

According to Steam I'm at 110 hours game time and counting, which is a lot given the amount of game time I have available, I'm loving it myself. Exact opposite of you though - haven't touched the online, but I'm up to my 6th or 7th season in my second career.

I like it so much in fact that I've signed on for the pCARS 2 project....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flynn wrote: »
    According to Steam I'm at 110 hours game time and counting, which is a lot given the amount of game time I have available, I'm loving it myself. Exact opposite of you though - haven't touched the online, but I'm up to my 6th or 7th season in my second career.

I like it so much in fact that I've signed on for the pCARS 2 project....

I've not played this for couple of weeks. Just giving fingers a rest. Other than playing my brother online, that's about as far as I've gone. He tried it but after repeatedly getting rammed off track by bad losers who didn't like him beating them he didn't bother again. I read article about why you can't sue SMS for ditching the Wii. It also said due to pc being a massive success those that put £50 in will receive £240 back. That's a pretty good return and sure 2 will be just as successful if not more.
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »

Yeah I do when I get time. Will have to try racing each other some time!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer when car list is limited or all the same. The other night I didn't notice car list had been opened to everything. I ended up in a fairly standard car and pretty much everyone else had gt cars. Well other than 1 guy with a go kart. Needless to say I got lapped.
    The bit that makes the game for me is the pit crew through the controller speaker. I just love that and wish driveclub had done it too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably main downside is length of time watching Ai after you complete a race.

See there's a ps plus compo to win 1000 on PCARS. I'm not even going to enter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh another downside is I've had more abuse msgs off the back of this game than any other I've owned and I don't go out my way to deliberately race poorly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patch 3.0 on the way.http://wccftech.com/project-cars-patch-3-0-changelog-revealed-brings-several-enhancements-and-adds-muliplayer-spectate-mode/

Hopefully this will shut those people up who think SMS are abandoning PC1 to start pc2.
  • Echo1Echo1 Posts: 7,720
    Forum Member
    Patch 3.0 is out on PC and PS4 now.
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patch is good!

The tyre warm-up seems much better generally (warms up quicker and is less harsh when cold) but the graphic now actually shows a gradual change from blue to green instead of being 100% blue then 100% green, this is much better indeed.

Additionally the game no longer punishes you for simply falling off the track - you only get your lap time invalidated if you actually cut a corner or gain a time advantage. Just running a bit wide no longer wipes out the lap. This makes qualifying soooo much more enjoyable, as you can actually go for it without fear of having every slight mistake ruin the whole lap.

Happy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mojobrew wrote: »
    Patch is good!

The tyre warm-up seems much better generally (warms up quicker and is less harsh when cold) but the graphic now actually shows a gradual change from blue to green instead of being 100% blue then 100% green, this is much better indeed.

Additionally the game no longer punishes you for simply falling off the track - you only get your lap time invalidated if you actually cut a corner or gain a time advantage. Just running a bit wide no longer wipes out the lap. This makes qualifying soooo much more enjoyable, as you can actually go for it without fear of having every slight mistake ruin the whole lap.

Happy!

It sounds good. Glad they relaxed the invalidated laps and punishes those who blatantly cut corners especially to get good times on the leaderboard. Hopefully this will put an end to that.