Options

Whats everyone doing for New years eve?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Decision made. Tinnies in the fridge, pendulum, innerpartysytem, SOAD, Lady GaGa on YouTube rotation. And forum browsing on the net till 11.45. then the same after after the fireworks, until I either get bored or crash out completely.
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    I'm just about to pop down a friends for an hour or so for a buffet, then I'm heading to the pub with another friend. It should be quite a good night. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did have plans but came down with the flu a couple of days back so New Years is being spent in bed alone.

Sent my husband out with friends because its not fair to ask him to stay home with me when in all likelyhood I will be fast asleep well before midnight.
  • Options
    mustard99mustard99 Posts: 2,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At home on me lonesome. Not as bad as it sounds, I have offers, just can't be bothered. It is just another night after all.

Only pain is that I live right near the Thames/London Eye so no point in trying an early night as the fireworks will wake me up at 12. So will watch the box, watch the countdown and fireworks (time delay between live and telly makes it interesting!) then snuggle down in my jim jams and be glad I'm not trying to get home!

Happy New Year one and all.
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm at home on my own, which is what I always do, have done for years (apart from last year) but I'm miserable - got a cold, feeling lonely and just generally miserable. POO to stupid new year.
  • Options
    yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm home alone, watching Alice in Wonderland whilst surfing the net. Will probably go to bed before midnight.
  • Options
    Richieboy87Richieboy87 Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coming to yours
  • Options
    BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    parents are at a party,
    I'm probs gonna stick a film on later, got the cat and a bottle of cider to keep me company :(
  • Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy new year as this is my last post of 2010 :D:D:D
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    mustard99 wrote: »
    At home on me lonesome. Not as bad as it sounds, I have offers, just can't be bothered.

Oooh, check you out. Trying to make the rest of us jellus? :p:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm stuck at home, looking after my hubby. He is poorly and is in bed. I am sat next to him on the pc, having a drink and up and down bringing him drinks.

We were going out to a party but the party was cancelled so we were then going to the local. but now we are staying in.

Never mind, plenty of other nights to go out
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 378
    Forum Member
    sometimes its nice just to be home alone. peace and quiet. apart from the party next door and the boom boom boom from there stereo but live and let live.
  • Options
    CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna go to bed at a 'normal' time as I have work tomorrow, got a later start but still not staying up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My only gripe is that there is no where decent round here to go for a drink and listen to a bit of music. Well, somewhere safe anyway.
    This town is a dump and you have to pay a fortune to go anywhere decent on New Years Eve.

Gone are the days of a nice local and friendly people who can have a good time without starting a fight. Round here anyway. (Manchester)
  • Options
    UrMyStarUrMyStar Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UrMyStar wrote: »
    I'm staying in. Was hoping for a nice quiet night but my flatmate has decided to bring round a group of friends rather than go out which means it won't be as quiet as originally planned. I'll be completely anti-social, go to the kitchen get a big bottle of wine then back into my room and probably spend most of the night on here :p No doubt get pissed, make some crude or nasty comments and suffer a three day ban. So in advance, if I'm rude to any of you, I apologies profoundly just now :p

That bottle of wine was taken my some "guests" so now my plan is to be completely anti-social and spend most of the night on here, without being rude to anyone.........maybe :p
  • Options
    #grotbags##grotbags# Posts: 1,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing we do every night Pinky, try to take over the world.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    No choice but to stay in and hang out on the forums wityh you guys and I've got a SHITLOAD of writing to be getting on with (Believe me, the main protagonists'd tell and show the makers of DOOM a few things). Still, got me lager (IF there's any left, get yourself over to NETTO where they're selling 8 cans of Carling at four quid a shot, normally seven quid but you can't complain about that). I'd stick some tinnies in the freezer:D:D:D for a few hours but there's NO ROOM AND MY exscuse is that Lager's SUPPOSED to be drunk cold!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    I am drinking wine, watching The Mighty Boosh and pampering myself!! Going to bring the new year in by being slightly tipsy, wearing pyjamas and smelling great :D
  • Options
    LYNN(E)LYNN(E) Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Geek wrote: »
    Hootenanny! :D:D

Me too:D Accompanied by Peter Smirnoff :)
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #grotbags# wrote: »
    Same thing we do every night Pinky, try to take over the world.

Love it!!
  • Options
    LYNN(E)LYNN(E) Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennymoo wrote: »
    I'm going to a house party because I can take my dog. I feel really bad if I leave him in by himself for the bells.

That's so sweet hope you both enjoy yourselves:)
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    Is anyone else going to be watching the London & Edinburgh fireworks displays on the TV news channels? I have to say I'm very impressed with the display that Sydney, Australia puts on.
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Sitting here wearing my 'indoor' clothes (i.e. old holey stuff you really wouldn't want to be seen dead in) surrounded by snacks and drinks (non-alcoholic as I don't drink alcohol, this being the only time of year I'd reconsider that) and posting on here and watching Grumpy Old New Year and waiting for Jools to start his Hootenany so I can pop over to the inevitable thread on this and bitch about how poor some of the acts are with my fellow forumites.

Oh yes do I know how to have a good time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    I am sitting on my own with a bottle of white. Partner has been in a sulk since 3.30 this afternoon when I said the wrong thing and has finally gone off to bed(hopefully the spare) .

Oh well, not the first time.
  • Options
    DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    Staying in. Done all of the usual NYE things before, such as street party, nightclubs, drinking in pubs, house parties etc.

Just rubbish really.