New Year all around the World

Comments

• StudmuffinStudmuffin Posts: 4,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    epicurian wrote: »
    Oh, good, I wouldn't advise going there in person. The last time I did that, the traffic was so bad it took me two hours just to exit the parking lot. Never again.

It's a bit far (we're over near Redmond) but we've been told Gasworks Park is the place to be for 4th of July.
  • emailsemails Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well france goes into 2011 in 30 mins
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brussels, Madrid, Paris, Rome ..........
    Berlin fireworks on Sky News
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first place was actually Gisborne in New Zealand.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same ol' shit, different year. NY is soooo boring.
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And if anyone wants to stay up until 5am they can watch Times Square
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    habby wrote: »
    And if anyone wants to stay up until 5am they can watch Times Square

The Brazil fireworks @ 2am are usually good
  • ScaramoucheScaramouche Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy new year!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .★* [highlight]Happy[/highlight]
    。[highlight]☆[/highlight]。* [highlight]New Year ! ...[/highlight]
    [highlight]★[/highlight]。* .☆´[highlight]*。[/highlight].★¨¯`*☆。。[highlight]★[/highlight]*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New Year coming up in Cape Verde, Greenland and Portugal.
  • TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've sent my friends across the Atlantic a message from the future. Hope they appreciate it.
  • irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm very tempted to stay up until 4/5am tomorrow morning or whatever time it'll be, to see New York Times Square ring in the new year :) I love Times Square.

ohhhh no... you cant be serious! hemed into that tiny area for 8 or more hours, freezing your ass off, no alcohol, few toilet facilities and no seats - just to see the cheesy entertainment and a ball drop!

instead ive got friends heading down to central park where theres a free gig, fireworks, fancy dress and a run around the park at midnight... they're going to phone and send me firework videos if i can stay up
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone find a live stream for Buenos Aires, coming up at 3am?
  • epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Studmuffin wrote: »
    It's a bit far (we're over near Redmond) but we've been told Gasworks Park is the place to be for 4th of July.

It is! Still very crowded tho'. If I had access to a boat, I'd say out on Lake Union is the best place to be.
  • toogoodfortvtoogoodfortv Posts: 6,536
    Forum Member
    I'm very tempted to stay up until 4/5am tomorrow morning or whatever time it'll be, to see New York Times Square ring in the new year :) I love Times Square.

I'm obsessed with New York - and took a wee look at the Earthcam in Times Square there and I have to say I'm a bit jealous...

Though I'd rather just be in New York - anywhere...... than here - doesn't have to be in Times Square

I was there 2 weeks ago before Christmas and went to an Irish bar/restaurant for dinner one night - just off times square - I'd love to be spending NYE in there.... :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.livestream.com/2011
    Times Square Live
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm obsessed with New York - and took a wee look at the Earthcam in Times Square there and I have to say I'm a bit jealous...

Though I'd rather just be in New York - anywhere...... than here - doesn't have to be in Times Square

I was there 2 weeks ago before Christmas and went to an Irish bar/restaurant for dinner one night - just off times square - I'd love to be spending NYE in there.... :(

seriously - its awful... you really dont want to go anywhere near that. there are other events which are free and dont require waiting 8 hours in the cold for... watching the fireworks go off over the harbor from the brooklyn bridge, there a big party down in grand army plaza in brooklyn and they hold events at the empire state and the top of the rock for people to view the fireworks there.... far better than the times square horror.
  • StudmuffinStudmuffin Posts: 4,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    irishguy wrote: »
    ohhhh no... you cant be serious! hemed into that tiny area for 8 or more hours, freezing your ass off, no alcohol, few toilet facilities and no seats - just to see the cheesy entertainment and a ball drop!

instead ive got friends heading down to central park where theres a free gig, fireworks, fancy dress and a run around the park at midnight... they're going to phone and send me firework videos if i can stay up

I watched the dry run at Times Square on the 30th when I went for NYE. Exactly the same but no crowds.
  • thedarklordthedarklord Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy New Year from Birmigham! I know 3 hours late but better late than never ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Studmuffin wrote: »
    I watched the dry run at Times Square on the 30th when I went for NYE. Exactly the same but no crowds.

hahaha sounds like a better idea. seriously we saw grannies setting down their deckchairs for a spot at 11am! god knows how they managed that wait in the freezing conditions
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CNN build-up to New Year starting

http://www.directon.tv/channels/251/
  • toogoodfortvtoogoodfortv Posts: 6,536
    Forum Member
    I've got the Earthcam website up - they just had a 10 sec countdown to the one hour away mark lol!!

I would just LOVE to be in New York right now - I'm soo greedy - I was there right before Christmas (I've been before anyway but just never at Christmas).....I am already planning my next trip for the summer ......

I know it's a long wait and your practically enclosed in wee pens but I would just love to experience it just the once..... and to say I'd been there to watch the famous ball drop. Then once I'd done it once.... then I'd spend other years just around different parts of the city - brooklyn bridge - south street seaport - brooklyn - central park....