Options

A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Oh yes. Open source is always better.

It probably is :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning!
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Afternoon HM! That lecturer is on to me. I saw her in a college restaurant earlier but she didn't see me. She's watching me :o
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Evening

Apparently Lady GaGa has announced a UK tour. Anyone planning on getting tickets. I wonder how the ticket sales are. It'll be interesting to see if she still has the same pulling power when it comes to ticket sales
    Ok, now I feel old. Was talking to a girl at work and happened to mention the Fleetwood Mac look like they are gonna record a new album and she had no idea who they were :eek:

:D oh dear.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Evening MimI! The Lady Gaga tour sounds good but I'm not sure if I can go. It depends when the tour is and whether it clashes with lectures or exams. Anyway I get my exam results on Friday :o Not looking forward to that.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TBH I am pretty much over Gaga she has no musical pull for me these days, I wonder how others will feel, ticket sales will indeed be interesting :).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The ticket sales will prove whether people are still interested in her or not. I still like her music but I find her very pretentious and annoying as a person. Anyway I'm in a Housing Law lecture now. Interesting :p
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Britney thread reminded me that I rather enjoyed her first album :blush:

Then again I still like Taylor Swift so take your pick for which is more embarrassing :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Evening

Apparently Lady GaGa has announced a UK tour. Anyone planning on getting tickets. I wonder how the ticket sales are. It'll be interesting to see if she still has the same pulling power when it comes to ticket sales

:Doh dear.

I know, I couldn't believe it. I thought everyone had heard of Fleetwood Mac and had an opinion about whether they were better with Peter Green or in the post Green era :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That Britney thread reminded me that I rather enjoyed her first album :blush:

Then again I still like Taylor Swift so take your pick for which is more embarrassing :p

Nothing wrong with that! I still love Britney. She's not that bad :D I can't stand Taylor Swift. She's in her 20s and yet her songs sound like a teenage girl's diary? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing wrong with that! I still love Britney. She's not that bad :D I can't stand Taylor Swift. She's in her 20s and yet her songs sound like a teenage girl's diary? :confused:

Early 20s :p She hasn't lived enough of them to write songs about them yet :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Early 20s :p She hasn't lived enough of them to write songs about them yet :D

True, but every song of hers sounds the same! So boring.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    True, but every song of hers sounds the same! So boring.

I do agree with this. I'm no Taylor fan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    I do agree with this. I'm no Taylor fan.

I'd probably love her if I was about 12. That seems to be her target audience.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd probably love her if I was about 12. That seems to be her target audience.

I'm 31 next month and I have all her albums :D:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't get the hype with Taylor Swift at all. Her last album is in no way country though she is still nominated at the CMAs...

I do love Kacey Musgraves, Pistol Annies and Miranda Lambert though. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You ever listen to Katie Rox, Mimi? There's a little bit of country in her music but she's mostly an acoustic singer/songwriter. Check her out, very good singer.

A more grown up Taylor Swift, if you will :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You ever listen to Katie Rox, Mimi? There's a little bit of country in her music but she's mostly an acoustic singer/songwriter. Check her out, very good singer.

A more grown up Taylor Swift, if you will :p

No but I will try and find her music on Spotify. Thanks for the recommendation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm 31 next month and I have all her albums :D:p

Really? :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Where is everyone?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I was just in my annual review meeting with my manager :D

Lovely HR box ticking done
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How did you get on with that? And what do you mean box ticking? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How did you get on with that? And what do you mean box ticking? :D

Very good performance. Top 10% in the building.

You will know all about it when you start working. HR departments love making people jump through hoops so they can justify their own jobs.