Options

Glastonbury 2015

Comments

• Options
    gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »
    And I doubt many will have bought Glastonbury tickets. The man's an idiot.
    Except its a sell out

Every, single, year

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/2015-tickets-sell-out-in-25-minutes/
  • Options
    gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the outrage over Kanye West headlining is absolutely hilarious! Glastonbury has long since abandoned its roots in terms of any identity it once had and attendence seems to have been taken over by smug middle class hipsters, so all these posers being angry is most amusing.

Also, if Kanye West was the best they could do for a headliner does that mean the festivial is starting to struggle stay afloat?
  • Options
    hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Glastonbury fans need to get over themselves.

It isnt 1994 or 2004 anymore. No one cares about bands playing acoustic guitars and singing about love. Go sit in the garden if you want that. Glastonbury is about popular music.
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    hazydayz wrote: »
    Glastonbury fans need to get over themselves.

It isnt 1994 or 2004 anymore. No one cares about bands playing acoustic guitars and singing about love. Go sit in the garden if you want that. Glastonbury is about popular music.

Ever heard of Ed Sheeran? That acoustic singer-songwriter guy who had the biggest selling album of last year?

Popular music takes many different forms!
  • Options
    Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,372
    Forum Member
    The idea of Kanye headlining in theory is actually great to me - he DOES have some brilliant music, some really big hits, and if he sorted out a killer set list it would be very entertaining.

However, in reality he is a tool, albeit a tool with a good back catalogue, and loves the sound of his own voice. I hope they made him sign a contract that he won't get paid if he interrupts the set to rant or something :D

We'll see - I'm not going this year but I'll definitely be watching on TV to see if it turns out to either be a great, energetic set featuring all his great old hits, OR a total, cringey car crash.
  • Options
    Ellie_ArbuckleEllie_Arbuckle Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont think Madonna is the Sunday headliner. If there was a chance she was doing it there would have been wispers within the press. Nothing suggests its going to be her.

Its the perfect gig for her though and now might be the right time for it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My issue with Kanye West is although some of his music is alright he is the most deluded, up himself person in showbiz right now and is also known for going off the rails on stage and just ranting at people. Someone like that shouldn't have a place at a festival people spend a lot of time and money on attending.

He'll also possibly bring Kim with him and they will make it all about them...who wants that at an event like Glastonbury?
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,944
    Forum Member
    shackfan wrote: »
    And I doubt many will have bought Glastonbury tickets. The man's an idiot.

You could say the same about when Jay-Z performed. Infact that was harder for him as it was such a step by Glastonbury to have a rapper perform. Worked out ok didn't it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gold2040 wrote: »

Absolutely pathetic. A petition against a performer they don't like. Grow up.
  • Options
    Wbc-WorkerWbc-Worker Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This year will be my 30th Glastonbury {over 35 years} and its not the best news I have read recently but there is always loads to do - saves me worrying about a clash as I will be no where near the Pyramid Stage on Saturday - it may even persuade some not to pay their balance so more tickets end up in the resale.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    Was supposed to get a ticket but missed out in the end... Feeling like i dodged a pretty massive bullet now tbh

All about the bestival lineup this year..
  • Options
    Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely pathetic. A petition against a performer they don't like. Grow up.

Apparently the guy who started the petition has never actually been to Glasto:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Apparently the guy who started the petition has never actually been to Glasto:D

Is the petition against Kanye or against rap music?
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kanye might have his work cut out for him - Parliament-Funkadelic are playing West Holts when he's on...
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to watching this on tv.

Friday headliner - Florence and The Machine (replacing Foo Fighters)
    Saturday headliner - Kanye West
    Sunday headliner - The Who

Emily Eavis has said Kanye's set is going to be massive!
    Liam Gallagher could be making a surprise appearance with The Who on Sunday night.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Always quite interesting to watch the webcam:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/festivals/glastonbury/webcam

It's better this year.. has a wider perspective and 15 minute updates. Always fun to watch the fields fill up on day 1. Oh and all the crap they leave behind on the day after the final day.
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really looking forward to seeing Ibeyi, who really are brilliant.
  • Options
    droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Who again!? It's not that long since they headlined before?

I thought there were some real gems last year: Haim, Lana del Ray, Ellie Goulding.

Who are we looking forward to his year?
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Who again!? It's not that long since they headlined before?

2007. Someone on another thread suggested they are a late replacement for another act which pulled out before being announced.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/06/25/14/29F6F49F00000578-3138750-image-a-4_1435239282941.jpg

^-- Imagine having your tent in the middle of that. I couldn't handle it. I can't begin to think how you'd find your tent in the middle of the night especially if you've had a few too many.
  • Options
    anthony davidanthony david Posts: 14,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to The Who and Paloma Faith. My wife is looking forward to George Ezra.
  • Options
    warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Among the many rumours is Foo Fighters doing an acoustic set between Motorhead and Florence.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    warszawa wrote: »
    Among the many rumours is Foo Fighters doing an acoustic set between Motorhead and Florence.

That would be wonderful. :)
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all - all set for the mammoth streaming marathon..