Options

Has Hollyoaks redeemed itself?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 920
Forum Member
✭✭
I have watched Hollyoaks for many years, but stopped this year because the storylines were so pointless, and such a waste of the great talent Hollyoaks has.

I decided to watch the Later episodes because the last series was brilliant, and Sarah's death and the aftermath really restored my faith in the show.

This week, with Jake's return and Newt's storyline, has been equally as interesting and exciting. I think Hollyoaks is really starting to find its feet again- perhaps it just took some time for the new producer to "settle in".

Once again, several thrilling storylines which showcased the exceptional talent in the show- particularly from the younger cast.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hollyoaks is getting great again!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps what Hollyoaks really struggles with is the time inbetween the 'big events' persay of the show. They don't deal with the relatively mundane life parts of the soap.

I mean everytime something big happens on the show it's usually done really well, but then there's a lull of subpar viewing.

I don't know.
  • Options
    davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    i think the change in producers played a big part also ? hopefully now it will continue to improve because sofar im impressed with lucy allan
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    I'm also really enjoying the Newt storyline, I think it's been done very well and great acting all round. I was starting to lose faith a little in HO, so here's hoping the storylines continue to improve :D
  • Options
    Maidenfan666Maidenfan666 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    Its been good this week, but it has been occasionally very good during other weeks as well. i still have huge long term concerns for the show, especially in regards to character development and the pacing of stories.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    The Later episodes were so good because they were directed by Bryan Kirkwood...and not Lucy Allen.

i dont know about anyone else...but i really noticed the change when he left.

I thnk he has guven Lucy Allen some good stories to work with, lets just see if she can hold it.
  • Options
    SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    I don't like the Newt storyline. I've always found it rather boring. :yawn:

I am enjoying the other bits, though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big HO fan, but was getting a bit bored with the Roys and boring storylines, have loved this week thou - Newt is a great character and was great to see Jack and Laurens scenes too. is just like the good old days :)
  • Options
    ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Newt aside, I'm enjoying the show again. It's great that we're seeing more of the Dean-Osbournes and Nancy as well.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    It has yes I can see it getting stronger and stronger now and I don't want to miss an episode again. The last month or so it's been riding high again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,693
    Forum Member
    Loved the Later eps but still dont think the normal eps are as good as they were last year, since BK has left i don't think LA has taken the show to another level she has taken it backwards, i think the eps atm should be more about sarah's death and how her friends and family cope with it instead we are focusing on Newt, thats where LA seems a little bit out of her depth.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    Its definatley improved but can they sustain it theyd of been better off spacing out the current stories rather than having Jake , Newt and Sarah death aftermath all in the same week, And then a couple more weeks of random stories and nothing in particular until we hit Sarahs funeral.