Comments

• BunnyfooBunnyfoo Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love this show!!! Plus Mathew is rather dashing! :D

I think the masterchef spoof tonight was brilliant! :D:D
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    Fantastic start to the series. Got to admit I've already added Dick Turpin to my Horrible Histories album on my ipod :D. Can't wait to see tomorrows
  • VennegoorVennegoor Posts: 14,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The trailer I saw for this today was utter genius. One of the wittiest things I've seen all year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic start to the series. Got to admit I've already added Dick Turpin to my Horrible Histories album on my ipod :D. Can't wait to see tomorrows

Oooh! How did you get the song? :)
  • stevebrownstevebrown Posts: 1,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Series 3 started today :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/cbbc/episode/b011q851/Horrible_Histories_Series_3_Episode_1/

You've Been Artois'd :D

Historical Masterchef :D

The Dick Turpin song :D
    Add to those the "aBook", with a dig at the iPad2 release with the "aNotherbook" coming out soon!

And the [Premier Inn] Newgate Prison advert. Genius!

Was it me or did Matthew Baynton looked like a cross between Adam Ant and Jack Sparrow when he was Dick Turpin?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    Bunnyfoo wrote: »

They might have done it the same way I get the songs (for my own personal use of course), by using a audio capturing program
    Forum Member
    They might have done it the same way I get the songs (for my own personal use of course), by using a audio capturing program

I used a programme to rip the song and video from youtube :D
  • Lolly_Du_BekeLolly_Du_Beke Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving the new series so far and there's only been one episode on :-)

Mathew Baynton is sooo hot as Dick Turpin. If I could wear out YouTube I would have by now with all the times I've hit replay...

There's a good reason this show won an award. Its wasted on kids.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What???????? It's back and I missed the first one????. :eek::eek: Thank goodness for catch-up!

I LOVE the programme - I rather like the blokes too :o
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    I love HH . I started putting it on for my grand daughter shes 5 yrs old. Im 55 yrs old and watch it more than she does lol. Was highly delighted yesterday to find it on in the afternoon. My favorite bit is the stupid deaths :D

I know IM at that funny age leave me alone lol

Lainey
    Forum Member
    Ive been trying to find a link for one of the shows its Series 1 episode 12 the Victorian teacher trying to understand all the daft names the kids were given those days it had me in stitches.

A bit off topic I was researching my family tree and came across a name that stuck with me....some poor girl was names

FANNY TREBLECOCK :D

Some parents lol

Lainey
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LaineyT wrote: »
    I love HH . I started putting it on for my grand daughter shes 5 yrs old. Im 55 yrs old and watch it more than she does lol. Was highly delighted yesterday to find it on in the afternoon. My favorite bit is the stupid deaths :D

I know IM at that funny age leave me alone lol

Lainey

You are not alone - I am the same age as you :o

It's far too good for kids!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving the new series so far and there's only been one episode on :-)

Mathew Baynton is sooo hot as Dick Turpin. If I could wear out YouTube I would have by now with all the times I've hit replay...

There's a good reason this show won an award. Its wasted on kids.

I loved Mathew as Dick Turpin too! Phwoar!! :D
    Forum Member
    Add me to the Baynton fanclub as well :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And me!!

I love the songs. I've just been in a show set in the 1940s and I was humming the World War Two Girls song as I was getting into costume!

Love Stupid Deaths!

(I'm 27!)
    Forum Member
    You are not alone - I am the same age as you :o

It's far too good for kids!

Thanks nice to know Im not on my own lol. But the thing is I learn more about history from this show that all the time I did in school...alll those years ago lol. Just put it on series link but dont tell anyone ;)

Lainey
  • Shinny04Shinny04 Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bunnyfoo wrote: »

I got the song on my phone too! After the programme there was a number they gave to get the song for free. I think you text 'CBBC' to 80313.

Absolutely loved this episode! I'm a very happy bunny as it's been on all the passing weekend and now we have the new series. I'm not so sure about Gory Games, but I love Dave Lamb so I'll give it a try.
  • Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    I've seen the trailers for HH and I always think that they look good, so I have decided to watch it for the first time.
    I'm recording todays CBBC show.

At 41, I'm too old for that channel, really.
  • stevebrownstevebrown Posts: 1,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen the trailers for HH and I always think that they look good, so I have decided to watch it for the first time.
    I'm recording todays CBBC show.

At 41, I'm too old for that channel, really.
    You'll love it, you're certainly not too old for the programme though!

Go on youtube and search for Horrible Histories - there are loads of clips from the last 2 series to give you a taste of what you're in for!! :D
  • Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    Will do, ta.
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stupid Deaths is one of the funniest things i've seen. XDD

It always manages to make me laugh or smile. :D

I'm 17 and I occasionally watch it if it's on, but my grandma saw it once and she now watches it everytime it's on!! She's hooked!
    Forum Member
    I hope they bring back Bob Hale (is that right? I haven't seen one of his sketches in a while), that never fails to make me laugh. There's so many empires and wars he could still cover.

I love when he stops, like it's the end and then carries on suddenly, twice as enthusiastic as before. Going to have to youtube him later.

I'm 23, just to throw my ages in with everyone else. I honestly believe Horrible Histories is one of the funniest shows on tv at the moment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    I'm 20 and I really love this show. :D
    The songs are catchy as hell and the sketches are hilarious. There are some sketch shows meant for adults that don't make me laugh as much as this show does.

I loved yesterday's episode. The Dick Turpin song is a favourite already. Spoofing Adam Ant on CBBC, who'd have thought it, eh?

You've been Artois'd! Woo hoo! Top of the Pops! :D:D

Historical Masterchef was hilarious if only for the Greg impression.

aBook and aNotherbook 'I've only just got used to using this one and now they're bringing another one out? Typical'. :D

If this show was around when I was at school, I'd have found history far more interesting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Interesting program and very helpful and I already enjoy. Thanks
    Forum Member
    Shinny04 wrote: »
    I got the song on my phone too! After the programme there was a number they gave to get the song for free. I think you text 'CBBC' to 80313.

Absolutely loved this episode! I'm a very happy bunny as it's been on all the passing weekend and now we have the new series. I'm not so sure about Gory Games, but I love Dave Lamb so I'll give it a try.

Thats the right text number ....not that I downloaded it or anything like that thought a freind might like it :D

Lainey