Options

The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 4)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,851
Administrator
myoldmate wrote: »
Done it, I've tweeted her Brother and a few members of TweamBurke so hopefully it'll get back to her.
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1252650

Comments

• Options
      myoldmatemyoldmate Posts: 1,939
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
        Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1252650

WooHoo! I got the first post on part 4.:D
      • Options
        [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,435
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭
        Yay, Part 4! :D

Things should be getting much busier now that we're approaching Q4. We should find out the next single and the tracklisting for the re-release.
      • Options
        Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
        Forum Member
        ✭✭
        WOW Part 4!
        :cool:

Glad to see SWY #1 on iTunes and #1 in midweeks. It has #1 in the bag I think.
      • Options
        myoldmatemyoldmate Posts: 1,939
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭
        Taz93 wrote: »
        WOW Part 4!
        :cool:

Glad to see SWY #1 on iTunes and #1 in midweeks. It has #1 in the bag I think.

I wonder what Chris Moyles and his cronies ( Aled in particular ) will have to say about that?
      • Options
        Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
        Forum Member
        ✭✭
        Woo part 4. Lovely comment from Joe. I know Joe likes Alex, I remember when he was on the X-factor last year he said that he had voted for Alex in the final. I'm sure Chris Moyles and Aled Jones are so far up their own arses to take note. But anyway Alex has proved that she can be succesful without radio one and without the x-factor.
      • Options
        Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭
        Woohoo Part 4!!! So glad SWY is slapping R1 in the face with its success. Aled, Moyles, Bowman and Co. all need a huge wake-up call, they are so stuck up and rude its unbelieveable! Can't wait 'til Capital go nationwide, they always play Alex...
      • Options
        [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,070
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭
        Woo part 4. Lovely comment from Joe. I know Joe likes Alex, I remember when he was on the X-factor last year he said that he had voted for Alex in the final. I'm sure Chris Moyles and Aled Jones are so far up their own arses to take note. But anyway Alex has proved that she can be succesful without radio one and without the x-factor.

Aww I know, bless him. :D

I'm happy Alex will be number 1 for another week! :p
      • Options
        stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
        Forum Member
        Part 4!

I have to admit, when I saw the other thread locked I thought it had all kicked off in here.:eek:
      • Options
        ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
        Forum Member
        alex is about to be took over on itunes by katy perry but she'll be no1 cos shes held on to it longest all week!
      • Options
        [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
        Forum Member
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qZKMk-BldQ

I love this version of Perfect. If they feature JLS on this song, I will gladly shoot Smon Cowell! :P
      • Options
        Forum Member
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qZKMk-BldQ

I love this version of Perfect. If they feature JLS on this song, I will gladly shoot Smon Cowell! :P

I wouldn't worry. When you listen to the clip it's from the second version that leaked. They may have changed the intro to the Bruno Mars version.

1 Alex said she was dueting with a group. she never mentioned JLS - people have come to that conclusion themselves.

2 She never said the duet was the next single. That was DS speculating.
      • Options
        Forum Member
        I know Alex didn't mention JLS, but a tracklist leaked yesterday I think [or someone could have made the list up] but it said that Perfect would feature JLS! This could be a rumour, which I'm hoping it is!

I think it could be the next single. simply because it was played on X-Factor and Alex tweeted straigh after it!!
      • Options
        StubeStube Posts: 16,834
        Forum Member
        ✭✭
        I know Alex didn't mention JLS, but a tracklist leaked yesterday I think [or someone could have made the list up] but it said that Perfect would feature JLS! This could be a rumour, which I'm hoping it is!

I think it could be the next single. simply because it was played on X-Factor and Alex tweeted straigh after it!!

I think it is the next single and that's why I doubt JLS are on it.

They have a Shontelle duet coming out in America this month and a new UK single coming out in November called something cheesy (can't remember) so I doubt they will be on another single.

If 'Perfect' isn't released, I'll be fuming.
      • Options
        Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
        Forum Member
        ✭✭
        I really hope Perfect doesnt feature JLS, or another group for that matter.
      • Options
        Forum Member
        Stube wrote: »
        I think it is the next single and that's why I doubt JLS are on it.

They have a Shontelle duet coming out in America this month and a new UK single coming out in November called something cheesy (can't remember) so I doubt they will be on another single.

If 'Perfect' isn't released, I'll be fuming.

Apparently their US single with Shontelle has been scrapped.

When you listen to the lyrics of Perfect it just wouldn't work as a duet, and like I said the snippet on the x-factor is from the second version that leaked.

It's possible that she is dueting on another track with JLS, but I think it's more likely to be the Smeezingtons or a US group. She said in an interview not that long ago that she hadn't yet worked with a UK act.
      • Options
        Forum Member
        ✭✭
        I never listened to the demo of Perfect so I have no idea what it sounds like.:confused:

BAD NEWS- Duffy releasing her new album November 29th.
        So that's:

Take That
        Duffy
        Olly Murs
        Alexandra Burke

Katy Perry about to overtake Alex on iTunes. SWY has been #1 for AGES THOUGH!
      • Options
        Forum Member
        ✭✭
        Stube wrote: »
        I think it is the next single and that's why I doubt JLS are on it.They have a Shontelle duet coming out in America this month and a new UK single coming out in November called something cheesy (can't remember) so I doubt they will be on another single.If 'Perfect' isn't released, I'll be fuming.
        Shontelle Duet- Ay Mama
        New Single- Love You More
      • Options
        Forum Member
        Yeah the Shontelle/JLS duet has been scrapped! I want her to stop releasing duets for a while though!!
      • Options
        Forum Member
        Taz93 wrote: »
        I never listened to the demo of Perfect so I have no idea what it sounds like.:confused:

BAD NEWS- Duffy releasing her new album November 29th.
        So that's:

Take That
        Duffy
        Olly Murs
        Alexandra Burke

Katy Perry about to overtake Alex on iTunes. SWY has been #1 for AGES THOUGH!

The demo of Perfect that leaked in July 2009 along with Overcome is on Dailymotion.
      • Options
        [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,435
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭
        Looks like Teenage Dream will overtake Start Without You on iTunes very soon. But I'm okay with that, because SWY should still get its second week at #1 and I think TD deserves a week at #1.
      • Options
        [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
        Forum Member
        Hello everyone! I'm Ali, I've been a lurker for years, so thought I should probably join since I practically live on here :P Glad it's come to a new part now, things were looking a bit too touchy before, haha!

Sooo glad Alex hit #1 with SWY, hopefully it'll hold onto it this week too. I do like Katy Perry too but I find her a little arrogant...? I think Alexandra deserves more weeks at #1 than she does. It's weird, at first I didn't really like SWY either, since it sounded like a kids' tune to me, but if you approach it with the mindset of thinking it's a #1 it's actually really good!? It's great for what it is, just a fun, summery song. I think people worried a bit too much about it. I do hope she delves into more meaningful material though, really excited to see what she does next.

Would really love it if she had a definite niche of her own, I could see her being a bit more rocky - she's got the power and sass for it, and her vocals suit the style really well. It'd definitely show off her mid range which it what she excels at - she needs more songs like that!

Following the discussion here, I do like Perfect, definitely don't see it as being 'catchy' enough to be a single though? I know it's popular here though :P I'm actually kind of hoping she releases Overcome, or some awesome new ballad. (The Silence missed its chance I feel).

Anyway, sorry to ramble on! Nice to finally post on here :D
      • Options
        [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭
        I love it when theres a new thread :D and 4 is my lucky number :D

She'll still stay number one even if she's overtaken I think, Katy Perry won't make up those sales in the matter of two days.

I love the Bruno Mars version of Perfect so I hope she's recorded that version and releases it :)
      • Options
        Forum Member
        ✭✭
        neonali wrote: »
        Hello everyone! I'm Ali, I've been a lurker for years, so thought I should probably join since I practically live on here :P Glad it's come to a new part now, things were looking a bit too touchy before, haha!

Sooo glad Alex hit #1 with SWY, hopefully it'll hold onto it this week too. I do like Katy Perry too but I find her a little arrogant...? I think Alexandra deserves more weeks at #1 than she does. It's weird, at first I didn't really like SWY either, since it sounded like a kids' tune to me, but if you approach it with the mindset of thinking it's a #1 it's actually really good!? It's great for what it is, just a fun, summery song. I think people worried a bit too much about it. I do hope she delves into more meaningful material though, really excited to see what she does next.

Would really love it if she had a definite niche of her own, I could see her being a bit more rocky - she's got the power and sass for it, and her vocals suit the style really well. It'd definitely show off her mid range which it what she excels at - she needs more songs like that!

Following the discussion here, I do like Perfect, definitely don't see it as being 'catchy' enough to be a single though? I know it's popular here though :P I'm actually kind of hoping she releases Overcome, or some awesome new ballad. (The Silence missed its chance I feel).

Anyway, sorry to ramble on! Nice to finally post on here :D

Welcome and Hi! :)

I agree a rockier sound would suit her well.:cool:
      • Options
        Forum Member
        ✭✭
        Looks like Teenage Dream will overtake Start Without You on iTunes very soon. But I'm okay with that, because SWY should still get its second week at #1 and I think TD deserves a week at #1.

I kinda agree. Im really like TD.
        snoopy10 wrote: »
        I love it when theres a new thread :D and 4 is my lucky number :D

She'll still stay number one even if she's overtaken I think, Katy Perry won't make up those sales in the matter of two days.

I love the Bruno Mars version of Perfect so I hope she's recorded that version and releases it :)

She will be #1 on Sunday I think.:D
      • Options
        Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭
        stargirl1 wrote: »
        Apparently their US single with Shontelle has been scrapped.

When you listen to the lyrics of Perfect it just wouldn't work as a duet, and like I said the snippet on the x-factor is from the second version that leaked.

It's possible that she is dueting on another track with JLS, but I think it's more likely to be the Smeezingtons or a US group. She said in an interview not that long ago that she hadn't yet worked with a UK act.

You're wrong there Stargirl. I've been doing some research into Perfect and the many versions to see what I can find, and it appears the one that was heard on XF was a version that has not leaked.

There are 5 versions of Perfect, 2 of which haven't leaked and 3 of which have.

The first was the mid-tempo Knock You Down style version produced by the Stereotypes recorded in early May 2009.

The second was a slower version that got leaked, but disappeared very quickly (you can still find it though not on YT) and was recorded mid May.

The third was the revamped slower version (prod. by Brian Kennedy) which leaked along with 15 other tracks and was actually recorded on MJ's deathday (:()

The fourth is a version which has leaked with Bruno's vocals (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zc9B-fhyDI), but a version by Alex was recorded but not leaked.

The fifth and final version is a revamped version of the Bruno version above but with drums and strings added. This is the version that we all heard on the X Factor and will probably appear on the re-release.

All in all, this song has been around since May of last year but there are soooo many versions of this song. :p
      This discussion has been closed.