The Nations Favourite Abba Song

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
Forum Member
Isn't this bandwagon a little bit stale now? As much as I love Abba I can't help feeling a little cynical when one of these infomercials gets wheeled out every few years - another greatest hits in the pipeline?

Anyhow, pointless exercise, everyone knows the nations favourite Abba song is Bang-a-Boomarang. :p

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is this in reference to?

I don't give a crap what the nation's favourite ABBA song is. Mine is Take A Chance On Me and that's all that matters. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    it's one of those dodgy 'Great British Public pole' things, on ITV this weekend I think.

just thought it would be really funny if the Great British Public voted one of their crappiest songs as their favourite and watch it all blow up in their faces, alas that's never likely to happen.
  • MrsceeMrscee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    I always liked Chiquitita and often can be heard singing ..chicken tikka tell me what's wrong..
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Day Before You Came

(altho the title is a bit funny )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    if I was to vote (which I can't because I missed the deadline, whenever that was) I'd probably go for 'As Good As New', however, that wouldn't have been allowed as they were only doing singles by the looks of things, so I'd probably have gone for 'The Day Before You Came'.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dancing Queen, young and sweet, only 17

Well I was 11 actually, but hey, you know the feeling being 11 and wanting to be 17 :D:D I love that song.
  • AdamDowdsAdamDowds Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I listen to Chiquitita, I would say my favourite ABBA track is quite hard to choose.

It is definitely from the 1981-82 era though, my favourite ABBA period.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    'Ring Ring.' I can smell the cheese wafting just thinking about it :cool:
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love ABBA. They've got some great songs.
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy New Year is mines :)
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Abba, but ITV has been as obsessed with them as they are with the Osmonds:D

(wonder if the reclusive Agnetha will appear?)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 499
    Forum Member
    I like Abba, but ITV has been as obsessed with them as they are with the Osmonds:D

(wonder if the reclusive Agnetha will appear?)

I agree, love them to bits, but time to move on, unless the lovely blonde appears. Plenty of good current popular music to celebrate.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say that Agnetha's probably had a nose job because her nose looks completely different from the way it was years ago.

Years ago.

http://www.agnetha.net/AGNETHA.html

Now/few years ago

http://www.agnetha.net/AGNETHA.html

Agnetha was absolutely beautiful all them years ago.

Okay, you have to click on photo gallery then click on second from left middle row for the first above link, and then third one along on the top row for the recent photo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Winner Takes It All.........

The words are so apt. :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Abba, but doesn't Dancing Queen always win these things?

My favourites are Waterloo, Voulez Vous, and Summer Night City.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lil lexie wrote: »
    Isn't this bandwagon a little bit stale now? As much as I love Abba I can't help feeling a little cynical when one of these infomercials gets wheeled out every few years - another greatest hits in the pipeline?

Anyhow, pointless exercise, everyone knows the nations favourite Abba song is Bang-a-Boomarang. :p

Yes you were spot on. Saw an advert this morning for
    another greatest hits album out on Monday. Well done
  • jarwynjarwyn Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Day Before You Came

(altho the title is a bit funny )

YAY I love this song too ... it's quite deep for an ABBA song. Also like "Slipping through my fingers".
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Abba only ever made great songs, even Waterloo was better than anything else that's ever been on Eurovision.

My favourite is 'Eagle'.
  • katherine500000katherine500000 Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my favourite is One of us but i would guess Dancing Queen will come out on top
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is hard to imagine this happening in thirty years time for many modern groups or singers.

I don't mind them finding an excuse to play lots of old ABBA tracks provided they don't get modern singers to murder them as they did in a previous programme.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    It is hard to imagine this happening in thirty years time for many modern groups or singers.

I don't mind them finding an excuse to play lots of old ABBA tracks provided they don't get modern singers to murder them as they did in a previous programme.

Oh come on there's bound to be the nation's
    favourite Lady Gaga song on tv in 30 years time:rolleyes:
  • essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,185
    Forum Member
    One Of Us,I Do x 5:D, or Two For The Price Of One
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Long as they dont have someone from Atomic Kitten or some boy band singing their hits. Be all talking over their songs no doubt anyway. Wish Abba would do a tv special. I know they dont want to tour anymore.
    My faves..
    1. winner takes it all
    2. knowing me knowing you
    3. name of the game
    4. dancing queen
    5. gimme gimme gimme

Joe McElderry an abba fan...yeah right!:mad:
  • RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be watching to see where 'bete noires' Head Over Heels, Day Before You Came and Under Attack get positioned. TYFTM is obviously going to get given an unrepresentatively high slot, just as Ring Ring and I Do I Do I blah blah will get extremely low ones.
  • mouthalmightymouthalmighty Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SOS
    Thank You For The Music