Options

Graham Norton Series 12

1293031323335»

Comments

• Options
    BluejuBlueju Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Judi Dench is always good value as a chat show guest. Shes always up for a laugh and has great style and spirit considering at nearly 80, she is nearly blind with macular degeneration.
  • Options
    XIVXIV Posts: 21,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see Maggie Smith come on the show but she rarely does chatshows so I imagine she wouldn't be up for it.

I prefer Graham's approach by having all the guests sitting together rather than the traditional chatshow approach of having one guest at a time as they get to interact with each other and they usually get their moment to plug. Having seen the show recorded, its a shame the show isn't a but longer as a lot of funny material gets cut due to time constraint.
  • Options
    nvellanvella Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Graham Norton's is now the only chat show worth watching. Jonathan Ross's is awful since it went to ITV and Alan Carr is a bit OTT. GN brings out he best in his guests and I love the interaction between them. Also, although thy are usually there to plug something - he manages to dispense with that fairly quickly.
  • Options
    SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nvella wrote: »
    I think Graham Norton's is now the only chat show worth watching. Jonathan Ross's is awful since it went to ITV and Alan Carr is a bit OTT. GN brings out he best in his guests and I love the interaction between them. Also, although thy are usually there to plug something - he manages to dispense with that fairly quickly.

Agree about JR. He used to be good. Goes to show what script writers and researchers could do to make you look really smart.

I had the unfortunate oppotunity to see one of JR's interview with Eddie Redmayne (searching youtube for Eddie's Les Mis interview) and JR couldn't even be bothered to find out how Les Mis is pronounced. And his constant focus of Eddie pert bottom. Yawn crassfest.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jonathan Ross had some actress called Olga (Something russian i think) on last night another example of somebody i never heard of therefore switched off.;)
    She was in the James Bond film "Quantum of Solace". Have you heard of James Bond? It's a major long-running franchise. Olga Kurylenko was the lead actress in that film, as Ross showed in a clip. Perhaps more importantly, she was also a fun interviewee.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jonwo wrote: »
    Having seen the show recorded, its a shame the show isn't a but longer as a lot of funny material gets cut due to time constraint.

I've never understood why they don't make it 1hr long rather than the standard 45mins. Alan Carr does it, JR does it, why can't the BBC with GN. I just think it's incredibly stupid.

I imagine there's lots of funny stuff that gets cut out that's probably better than what we see in the final edit.
  • Options
    AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well we'll get plenty of extra time this week, what with Graham's six hour show on Thursday.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    I've never understood why they don't make it 1hr long rather than the standard 45mins. Alan Carr does it, JR does it, why can't the BBC with GN. I just think it's incredibly stupid.

I imagine there's lots of funny stuff that gets cut out that's probably better than what we see in the final edit.
    with adverts though. Probably about 48/50 minutes really.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Mila was great!
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    I'm not getting some of these criticisms. There was nothing wrong with any of the guests' behaviour. They all seemed to be having a good time, without doing anything provocative or brash.

Personally thought the whole cast were excellent. Cracking way to close the series.

Just watching this - agree it was a really good show.

Jude may be arrogant but he certainly didn't give that impression at all on this showing. Loved the fact that even he is an embarrassing parent as far as his children are concerned.

Dame Judi was as fab as ever. I love her laugh - very infectious.

I thought Mila was great - you can tell she has a good sense of humour.