tangsman wrote: »
    Neither, both fookin' dreadful.

:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    If I had to choose... Will young.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Can someone tell me why DS forums seem to have a great obsession with pitching Will against Olly? I saw a similar thread a few months ago where all the ranting and raving in the world was being directed at Olly and how Will doesn't have this, Will doesn't have that blah blah blah. They both sell albums, they both sell tours, they're both male. It ends there.

I love both of them and I've always brought both their albums but this constant bitchy comparison between the two is harsh and ridiculous. They're bpth at vastly different stages of their careers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe I'm going to say this, because I can't stand him, but Olly.

Will just bores me to death.

I do agree with the person who said they are both like Cliff Richard though :D
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They both enjoy showing off their large bottoms, but Will's seems voluptuously shapely whereas Olly's is just on the podgy side.

:D:D:D
  • wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Olly, I just find him more entertaining to watch.
  • Black VelvetBlack Velvet Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are both good. But being put on the spot with the poll and having to choose between the two. Olly got my vote.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't highly rate either, I like more Olly's songs though like Heart Skips a Beat and Troublemaker, and I think he has a better future, whereas Will is dying out...
  • AmazingAmazing Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't highly rate either, I like more Olly's songs though like Heart Skips a Beat and Troublemaker, and I think he has a better future, whereas Will is dying out...

Time will tell. It ain't all about shifting singles. Let's see how Olly fairs when he isn't getting saturated airplay. He daren't stay away for a minute unless his star fades. Somehow I can't see him having 1/2 million album sales 11 years into his career.
  • crazymonkcrazymonk Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Olly can't sing as well as Will and Olly's music is the same each time whereas Will tries something new each time and succeeds at it, so it'd be a shame if he is dying out and Olly isn't...
  • PCRosePCRose Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Olly's peaking now, the only thing I can imagine him doing in years to come is the same sort of presenting job as Sam and Mark.

He's saturating the market going flat out appearing in a town near you everywhere to screw maximum sales while people are still interested. He daren't even get himself a girlfriend in case it stops little girlies and daft lasses buying his wares.

Will he be around in several years time doing what he does now? Definitely not IMO. He looks like a Butlins performer to me as it is.
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    Not kean on either but i'd pick Olly.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whereas Will is dying out.

I don't understand this statement! Will has just finished a run as the Emcee in Cabaret and received a What's On Stage award for his portrayal. His last album did extremely well and I believe he might be touring again sometime soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member

You would not say that if you went to one of his tours.What you see on the tv is not what you get at one of his concerts.He is amazing and a great showman.Will Young is ten times better.It's not always about the catcheist songs but the content,the words and the passion put into them and Will has that in abundance.
  • MargueriteMarguerite Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course Will isn't dying out. His last album, released just 18 months ago, went straight in at #1 and followed the trend of his 5 previous albums by selling platinum.

He's as different from Olly as chalk and cheese, he's creative, has a successful dual career as an actor and nothing would persuade him to get on Olly's treadmill of releasing an album annually just to please the suits, He has a new record contract and now he's finished his award winning role in Cabaret, it's back to the music and a new album, hopefully within the next year,
  • SpencerLeveySpencerLevey Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Olly Murs, he's full of life and an entertainer.

Will Young makes me want to go to sleep.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I chose Olly. I do like Will Young, and Fridays Child is a fantastic album, as are a handful of his singles, but I find his albums such a chore to listen too. Let It Go was excruciatingly boring...

Olly is great fun, has some really catchy songs, and I have seen him live twice and he is a great entertainer. His latest album is pretty good, and Army of Two is brilliant single. :D

I'm totally converted on Olly mind, I couldn't stand him on XF, and it wasn't until Heart Skips a Beat (tune!) that I actually took any interest in him.
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow shocked it's so close. I choose Will, he's talented to no end, an amazing voice, i'm a fan from day one. I like Olly's he certainly doesn't have the better voice or more talented, and he does sometime show that he might just be in all this for the fame....but then again if i had to rank my No.2 best male solo artist i'd choose Olly - i like all his albums and singles so i don't think he's awful or anything.

Will Young is possibly the best male solo artist this country has ever had. Far and beyond Robbie or Olly. Anyone who does not agree listen to Friday's Child and Echoes.

If Olly is still going as strong musically as Will ten years on i'll be very surprised.

Will would eliminate Olly easily in a Battle round on The Voice!!!:D:D:D:D

Voice - Will Young 10, Olly 6
    Singles Will Young 9, Olly 8
    Albums Will Young 10, Olly 7
    Videos Will Young 8 Olly 8
    Personality Will Young 6 Olly 8
    Live performances Will Young 9, Olly 7
    WILL WINS.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    They can't really compare in my opinion. Olly is a tv personality and Will is a singer songwriter.
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will Young is incredibly talented, Olly Murs got lucky...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will Young is incredibly talented, Olly Murs got lucky...

they both came from reality shows so surely Will got lucky as well? If it wasn't for Pop Idol would he have sold all the singles/albums he has done?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    I don't understand this statement! Will has just finished a run as the Emcee in Cabaret and received a What's On Stage award for his portrayal. His last album did extremely well and I believe he might be touring again sometime soon.

he isn't selling as many records as he used to in the peak of his career thats what i meant. I like some of Will's songs like Your Game, Who Am I and Jealousy, and it is a great achievement how he has managed to carve a successful career after winning a talent show, he's done better than anyone who has won X Factor anyway!

I just feel its only fair to base it on the current scene, its not all about song-writing, its about the whole package and i think Olly just pips it...
  • gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they both came from reality shows so surely Will got lucky as well? If it wasn't for Pop Idol would he have sold all the singles/albums he has done?

Yes they both came from talent shows but Will Young came from Pop Idol which only lasted for 2 series, he's released 6 albums in 11 years with a two year gap between each, so I think after the first 18months he's been selling pretty well on his own merit.
    Olly Murs has done 3 albums in 3 years, he's yet to have a break or release an album without the protection and promotion of the X-Factor at Christmas.
    When he releases an album out of the X-Factor schedule, I'll say well done.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neither is my cup of tea but I think Will Young over Olly Murs.

For me, Olly is nothing more than a 10 a penny, laddish karaoke wideboy who got very, very lucky
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will Young