America get Season 7 part 2 bluray set early (Merged)

Comments

• dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,077
    Forum Member
    what im gathering is its just a normal finale... if it was anything major at the end like Tennant appearing at the end people would be infront of there tvs with mobile phones to put it online
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    what im gathering is its just a normal finale... if it was anything major at the end like Tennant appearing at the end people would be infront of there tvs with mobile phones to put it online

Merely suggesting that on here is incredibly spoilery. I've made my peace with the comments made here, but there's just no need to make a comment like that, as if it's true, then you've just ruined it for an awful lot of people.
  • summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    Why would you be dying to read spoilers? By definition alone they spoil your own enjoyment. Sure you love the show and it is exciting to read about what's going to happen, especially new information, but ultimately it deteriorates your enjoyment of the actual event of sitting down and watching the show, which is for any fan the main aspect surely?

Edit: Sorry that came off a bit personal, if you want to seek out spoilers that is up to you. I used to do the same, but learned myself how much more I get from TV shows if I don't read them. I think it's somehting everyone has to find out for themselves really. Or for some people maybe it doesn't hamper their enjoyment, they just enjoy it in a different way.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rua is god wrote: »
    I think it's genuine but think the recipients are limited at the moment, tomorrow will be the big test as the Americans don't get mail on a Sunday so theres a chance anyone else who pre-ordered from that retailer will receive tomorrow.

If that happens, they should just put it on iplayer tommorow. If it's out, it's out.

They won't though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hehe I think im nuts to be honest
    I blooming love spoilers it doesn't affect me enjoying the show etc.
    after much searching on twitter I cant see much just loads of tweets telling everyone to stay off the internet this next week! LOL.
    Forum Member
    Karis wrote: »
    Merely suggesting that on here is incredibly spoilery. I've made my peace with the comments made here, but there's just no need to make a comment like that, as if it's true, then you've just ruined it for an awful lot of people.

hardly a spoiler people have speculated that for weeks that he would appear i havent seen the finale but i highly doubt it will happen judging by this so not a spoiler
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good point about the mail.

If this is indeed genuine, I suspect a few people will find themselves in the unemployment line. What an almighty cock-up of truly epic proportions! Shocked it could happen by accident, to be honest.

Unfortunately it happens more than it should, I got Batman Arkham City a week and a half before release from bee.com and Activision are so protective over retailers breaking street dates that shopto.com are refusing to stock their goods as they can't honour their service level with their customer's under the Activision terms. It was the same with the Harry Potter books, the second last one broke street date so much that the publisher had the last book hand delivered to certain retailers right before they opened on the release day.

I did read somewhere it was BBC America who shipped the blu-rays but I don't know where I read it so it's effectively just a rumour.
    Joe_Zel wrote:
    Who provided the images though? A random person on twitter?

I seen the pictures on a website somewhere but they didnt provide any sources, they were hosted on livejournal though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love spoilers too.

I like to read a full synopsis and plot outline before I watch something. Always have. No idea why.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All I want to know what rumours about the 50th are true in the final 3 minutes? Colin Baker makes a appearance?
    Forum Member
    hardly a spoiler people have speculated that for weeks that he would appear i havent seen the finale but i highly doubt it will happen judging by this so not a spoiler

Surely anyone can separate the difference between "I think that X will happen" and "people are saying that..."

Honestly there's a world of difference between the answers and trying to mitigate it in any way is simply unacceptable. This is simply not the place to really be discussing what other people have said (especially as this thread has already had a huge number of passive-aggressive spoilers deleted from it).
    Forum Member
    All I want to know what rumours about the 50th are true in the final 3 minutes? Colin Baker makes a appearance?

Highly doubt it, i say if it was anything huge it would have been video or pictures taken in minutes
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love spoilers too.

I like to read a full synopsis and plot outline before I watch something. Always have. No idea why.

totally the same.
    :D
    Forum Member

Yes. And he looks exactly like he did back in the 80s!

It's amazing what they can do these days with a good personal trainer and the Atkin's Diet :P
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And does Paul mcgann appear, and R.............. into doctor who
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely if the episode is as shocking and "game changing" as suggested by Moffat then we'd have had screenshots uploaded ages ago.
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Surely if the episode is as shocking and "game changing" as suggested by Moffat then we'd have had screenshots uploaded ages ago.

Exactly if it was anything huge it be up by now
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    roland rat wrote: »
    And does Paul mcgann appear, and R.............. into doctor who

Someone claims this happens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsEmSRop1WA

Cant really see it happenning myself why blow CGI footage of old doctors in ep 13 when ep 13 isnt even the anniversary story.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this transcript legit? Someone posted it on GB
    transcript of the finale scene
    Clara: I met you. All of you. Back from when you began.
    Doctor: You saved me - blah blah blah

Clara: but you can change your face? That's what Time Lords can do?
    Doctor: yup, its our little superpower.
    Clara: I just can't get my head around it. There's been 12 of you.
    Doctor: nope, just 11. Kept improving as I went on, didn't I?
    Clara: no... Definitely twelve. The old one, the monkee, the curly one, the toothy one, the blonde handsome one (etc.) then the one who kept saying he was half human, then the other old one... Are you really half -
    Doctor: what? What other old one?
    Clara: I think it was the 9th one. When I saw him he was in a big war. He was about to be killed by those great big pepper pots, but I saved him.
    Doctor: you saved him? Clara, that wasn't me. It couldn't have been. The one after the half human one was the northern one, with the big leather jacket.
    Clara: it had to have been you. I could only interact with you, it was your own time stream. He even called himself the Doctor.

The Doctor runs to the console and starts scanning himself.

Doctor: no, that's impossible, I'm the 11th... But the Master... The Timelords put a signal in the Master to get them out of the Time Lock and it failed, I didn't even think, was there a back up plan?
    Clara: who's the Master?
    Doctor: a friend. Sort of. The Time Lords gave him a new set of regenerations, each specifically tailored for battle... And they've made me regenerate before...

It dawns on him.

Doctor: what did he say? I mean me, what did I say?
    Clara: "Thank you little girl, you've just saved my life, and you've ended this war." Then he turned around and grabbed this key-
    Doctor: The moment! What - what did I do with it?
    Clara: well... You smashed it.

The Doctor recoils, absolutely horrified.

Doctor: but that's not what happened! I used that key to end the Time War! I locked the Daleks and the Time Lords away from the rest of the universe, none of this happened!

He turns sharply and sprints to the doors, opening them.

Doctor: oh no...
    Clara: what is it? Wait... Trenzalore... It looks new! Did we travel in time?
    Doctor: oh no no no... Clara, that's not Trenzalore. It used to be, or should be, or will be, but it isn't... I didn't use the Moment. I could have destroyed the Daleks any time I wanted in that war, but I needed to get rid of my own people as well... This is very very bad. I don't think you were meant to save that version of me... I think he was supposed to die there and then...
    Clara: why? What did he do? What is that planet?

The camera swings from the open TARDIS doors to where Trenzalore used to be - now a huge planet, glowing dark orange.

Doctor: its Gallifrey.

- Cut to Credits -
    Forum Member
    Honestly. I despair of people... I really do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    From the person who has the early release (no spoilers, just video proof that he owns a copy)...

http://untempered-schism-insta.tumblr.com/post/50300883364/this-is-not-a-spoiler-proof-the-doctor-who-series
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this transcript legit? Someone posted it on GB

I've read some bad fan fiction in my time but blimey! That takes the cake! Awful.
  • darrenh2011darrenh2011 Posts: 2,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what is this GB people keep mentioning
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Gallifrey Base.
  • Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People, don't be so gullible. The BBC 'bribe' is something they would have been planning to release anyway. You honestly think they'll have shot something special? It will be some pre-planned promo material for the anniversary.
  • The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    summer_ste wrote: »
    Why would you be dying to read spoilers? By definition alone they spoil your own enjoyment. Sure you love the show and it is exciting to read about what's going to happen, especially new information, but ultimately it deteriorates your enjoyment of the actual event of sitting down and watching the show, which is for any fan the main aspect surely?

Edit: Sorry that came off a bit personal, if you want to seek out spoilers that is up to you. I used to do the same, but learned myself how much more I get from TV shows if I don't read them. I think it's somehting everyone has to find out for themselves really. Or for some people maybe it doesn't hamper their enjoyment, they just enjoy it in a different way.

Without spoilers: Just another finale
    With spoilers: "OMFG That happens?! *Bounces with exictement*