Options

So just who was voting for Ricky & Natalie ?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After last week's DO, voted for the first time last night for Ricky. Thought it would have been a travesty not to see the best dancer in the final

Same here. I hadn't voted for him before last night but for me he is clearly the best dancer and it would have been a shame to have a final without him. I really hope he wins too and given that the two finalists produce the type of performances that they have so far, I shall vote for him again.
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erinfan wrote: »
    Was massively impressed with Ricky's dancing and how well he coped with the technical difficulty. He stepped up last night for me and danced for his life.

Same here. I have voted for Ricky over the past 3 weeks..simply on his dancing.
    As for the OP, was that meant to be tongue in cheek ?...I'm a straight male, his looks mean nothing to me. There are plenty of attractive women on the show for me to drool over. ;)
    When it comes to voting, I vote for the best (or whoever impresses me most on the night..not always the same)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he was good last night but i still dont like natalie so didnt vote she has got to be the the most smug pro ever on that show

Do you not think that perhaps she has just been thrilled to get such a talented celebrity as Ricky Whittle in her first series?
  • Options
    MCSMCS Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    I voted for Ricky, the man is the star of this years show for me. I loved him from the first dance he did.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    im not going to even bother watching the final next week the show has become as bad as the x factor, chris and ola have won it 100% with chris working on the bbc morning news the bbc are so bias for him to win, like last years final the best dancers dont win its the ones the bbc tweak to win.
  • Options
    KDeeKDee Posts: 16,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They got my votes last week and again this week because imho they are by far the superior dancers. At the end of the day the show is about dancing and that is what I vote for:).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,697
    Forum Member
    KDee wrote: »
    They got my votes last week and again this week because imho they are by far the superior dancers. At the end of the day the show is about dancing and that is what I vote for:).

echoed, 100%
  • Options
    *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    She spent half the night in tears. Its a hard task to look smug through those tears. Her reaction at going through to the final was touching and genuine.

As was her amazement to the standing ovation for their AT. :)
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So what went on last night ?

Chirpy Chris and Ola went through - no surprises there (although I am in the "Chris is a smug hobbit" camp).

Ali and Brian were voted off (what would the judges have said ?) by being less popular than Chris and Ola.

But who was voting for Ricky and Natalie ? Was it because he had his shirt off in the training clips ? I'm not against male dancers - I really liked Tom last year but this year I just didn't get Ricky's appeal. His dancing was good but, I suppose, everything else seemed to be slightly fake and charmless.

Obviously more people than voted for Ali and Brian. For their own reasons.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    im not going to even bother watching the final next week the show has become as bad as the x factor, chris and ola have won it 100% with chris working on the bbc morning news the bbc are so bias for him to win, like last years final the best dancers dont win its the ones the bbc tweak to win.

Why did the judges seem so keen to get Ali to the final, overmarking, especially in the case of the AS that had a clear mistake in it, she's doesn't and never has worked for the BBC

Why would the BBC tweak it for Tom to win, he didn't work for the BBC at the time.

Why would the BBC tweak it for Alesha to win, she didn't work for the BBC at the time, and not for some time after

Why would the BBC tweak it for Ramps to win, he didn't and still doesn't work for the BBC

Why would be BBC tweak it for Darren to win, he didn't and still doesn't work for the BBC

Why would the BBC tweak it for Jill to win, she didn't work for the BBC at the time, and didn't for some time after

You're only possible example is Natasha, series 1
  • Options
    Natuk80Natuk80 Posts: 11,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Ricky was fantastic last night. Natalie & Ricky are the only couple who wowed with both dances last night. Ricky to WIN. :cool: I was gutted that Ali & Brian got voted off, as I thought Ali deserved to be in the final. I voted for her too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are other easons for the producers to 'tweak' or try to influence the results rather then just who works for the BBC. I should think that is fairly down the list. There are reasons associated with the popularity of the show, perception, appeal to target audiences. I am not in Marketing but someone who is could probably give us a few clues.
  • Options
    BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted for Ricky because of his Vincent impression :D

oh yeah, and his dancing
  • Options
    AidaAida Posts: 2,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted for Ricky and Natalie for the first time last night - their dances, especially the thrilling Argentine Tango were wonderful and I had a sort of epiphany when the training footage (which the BBC must have had on file for weeks) was shown and revealed not only their humour , but indicated that her 'determination' to win was focused on maximising the talents of her celebrity and not herself. What a pity (?) the BBC waited until the semi-final to show it! :rolleyes:

I really wanted to see a Ricky-Ali final - now - although it seems a faint hope because the Hollins' publicity Juggernaut will move up another gear - I'd love to see Ricky - the dancer - win! :)
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    Aida wrote: »
    I voted for Ricky and Natalie for the first time last night - their dances, especially the thrilling Argentine Tango were wonderful and I had a sort of epiphany when the training footage (which the BBC must have had on file for weeks) was shown and revealed not only their humour , but indicated that her 'determination' to win was focused on maximising the talents of her celebrity and not herself. What a pity (?) the BBC waited until the semi-final to show it! :rolleyes:

I really wanted to see a Ricky-Ali final - now - although it seems a faint hope because the Hollins' publicity Juggernaut will move up another gear - I'd love to see Ricky - the dancer - win! :)

I`ve always thought Ricky and Natalie have had a raw deal as far as the BBC and ITT are concerned - whether it`s their fault because of his training and living schedule I`m not sure. All the others have funny clips shown of them etc.,
  • Options
    katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And this is relevant to the thread, how? :confused: The OP is asking who voted for Ricky and why.
  • Options
    millie3millie3 Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    The judges could not have made it more obvious that they wanted Ricky in the final, I have never heard such bias from five people. So it looks like it rubbed off on the GBP.

Well it wasn't Ricky they gave 5 tens too was it? I am a Chris fan and voted for him but I also voted for Ricky as I thought he deserved to be in the final over Ali.
  • Options
    Rikki65Rikki65 Posts: 8,449
    Forum Member
    So what went on last night ?

Chirpy Chris and Ola went through - no surprises there (although I am in the "Chris is a smug hobbit" camp).

Ali and Brian were voted off (what would the judges have said ?) by being less popular than Chris and Ola.

But who was voting for Ricky and Natalie ? Was it because he had his shirt off in the training clips ? I'm not against male dancers - I really liked Tom last year but this year I just didn't get Ricky's appeal. His dancing was good but, I suppose, everything else seemed to be slightly fake and charmless.

This is such a hilarious post. Actually I voted twice, you got a problem with that? Instead of blaming those who voted for the best dancer, ie Ricky, why dont you blame those who voted for the worst, you know, the one who was saved over the other good dancer?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,578
    Forum Member
    But who was voting for Ricky and Natalie ?
    People who liked his, umm, dancing?
    I just didn't get Ricky's appeal. His dancing was good.
    Maybe you want to re-read that part of your post?

Plus, here's another clue, it's called "Strictly Come XXXXing", can you fill in the missing letters?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    welwynrose wrote: »
    Voted for the best dancer on the night Ricky

Ditto.....but I did think Len summed it up perfectly....It would have been an injustice if Ricky had`t made the final.On ability alone, he has easily been the best dancer this year....Punters may not have warmed to his partnership with Natalie but were not voting for her...were voting for the celeb.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,578
    Forum Member
    welwynrose wrote: »
    Voted for the best dancer on the night Ricky

You crazy person you... :eek: :D
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I surprised myself by voting for them - they were superb last night.

I also threw a vote Team Cola's way.
  • Options
    IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    I voted for them this week because Ricky really seemed to have upped his game and their dances were very engaging.

Didn't vote for Cola because they're my 3rd choice (i.e. 'not') and because I figured they'd have enough support.

Didn't vote for Brali because it was still a bit mild and because the judges overmarked and that annoyed me.
  • Options
    LancslassLancslass Posts: 438
    Forum Member
    Lilystar wrote: »
    Ricky's AT was so good it made me cry. Ali's AS was so overmarked it made me cross.

Hence, I voted for Ricky. Do you have am isue with that?

No way, totally totally agree
  • Options
    CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    intj wrote: »
    I voted for Ricky because I enjoy his dancing. I only wish that Ali could have joined him in the final. Sadly the winner will be Chris, an adequate dancer who has not really improved greatly since the first show.

The fact Ricky is in the final with Chris makes it a complete walkover in Chris's favour imho. Ali had a chance - but not so Ricky.

But hey, even though I am an ali fan I am actually less cross that Ricky went through without a dane off than I would have been if it was a dance off and the judges put him through. So even though I would have much preferred ali in the final (ricky bores me rigid no matter how good his dancing might be) I'm not complaining. It was done fair and square imho.