Does David have a chance of winning?

KittyKreamKittyKream Posts: 4,329
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I REALLY hope so!
He is such a genuine man with a lovely way about him and my favorite in there.

Why is Joey favorite to win anyway,because he is from TOWIE :mad: That's an itv2 show,surely it can't have that many viewers..can it? I have never seen it once in my life.

I think us David fans can hope for a win or at least top three.

Comments

• CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now Vincent has gone David is my favourite. Hoping he wins but it's doubtful.
  • sadoldbirdsadoldbird Posts: 9,626
    Forum Member
    I don't think he can win but I would like him to.

He reminds me of Colin Baker. For no reason that is flattering to me, I had pre-conceived views of both and I was so wrong.

David is lovely.
  • KittyKreamKittyKream Posts: 4,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    Now Vincent has gone David is my favourite. Hoping he wins but it's doubtful.

We all need to vote!
    I never vote,i'm too tight :D

Think I may have to make an exception.
  • paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like him, a real old british eccentric and a genuinely lovely man.
  • labasheedylabasheedy Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry, I don't get him at all.
  • Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    He's genuinely the nicest person I've come across on celebrity reality shows. Probably won't win but he deserves it.
  • jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully not - he really is an old woman. 2 speeches to another old woman makes him popular. Can't see it myself.
  • turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want Rebecca to win.
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love David to win . He should be definitely top four .

I think in previous years a person like David would win but today with all those social media sites it's unlikely .
  • HezzaHezza Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    I would love David to win but sadly I don't think he will. I wasn't sure about him at first. I though he wouldn't be able to cope with the jungle but he has proved me wrong :)

Lovely guy and seems very genuine.

If he doesn't win then I would like Kian to win.
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's unlikely. In previous years he may have done .... as many spent the duration in obscurity and went on to win (Matt Willis, Dougie Poynter spring straight to mind) but with Joey & Kian there .... either of those have it in the bag.
  • Daisy_DukeDaisy_Duke Posts: 1,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David has been a revelation. A deeply sincere and lovely, caring man. I would be very happy if he won. Then again, I'd be happy for Kian or Steve to win too. Amy was my original favourite, then I went off her a bit, but now I'm back to liking her. Oh, I like Alfonso too!

So really, apart from Lucy, I'm happy for anyone to win :love:
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    I hope so as well. I hold my hands up, I had preconceptions of him at the start but they were almost instantly dismissed.

He's charming, intelligent, caring, atriculate and incredibly astute. He is a very sage man who see's what's going on around him far better than some others, and rather than just sit back and make his observations, he proactively tries to help matters in a calm dignified way.
    His pep talk with Alfonso last night suggesting he do the Carlton dance and bring back the 'entertaining fun' Alfonso he knew at the start of the show was genuinely touching to see. Loved how Alfonso took it in, nodded and had to agree with him.

I wasn't just impressed that David did this but it was also how he went about doing it that was so nice to see. Such charming delivery!

David is awesome, my favourite in there by a mile. I would love him to win but I'd say the odds are against him due to the voting demographic and other such factors.
  • Dutch MarleneDutch Marlene Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I do not think they the producers want him to win.. I have the feeling they want Amy or Joe to win or at least keep them till the end.

How they Ant and Dec asked question about my to Annabel, with so much sorry in their voices for poor little innocent Amy, and the way the music changes when Lucy is on screen, it seems they want to keep us talking about poor Amy every day.

I do think he would be a great winner. lovely guy.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    I think Steve going is a very good thing for David as the 'loveable older guy' vote was probably going to be split between them.

Though at the moment I think 3rd place is up for grabs between David, Rebecca and Amy. Though I think Amy's support will slowly fade as she's a bit too controversial to attract many of the floating voters as each elimination goes on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paralax wrote: »
    I really like him, a real old british eccentric and a genuinely lovely man.

And a famous designer, one of the dresses he made for princess Diana just sold for £85000.00.:o:)
  • Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he does. He's such a lovely man!
  • greenyonegreenyone Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love David to win
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. They're slowly filtering out the old folk.
  • AMS13AMS13 Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He comes across as such a lovely human being and an inspiration. I hope he makes the top three and gets something positive back (career wise). To find out he is also dealing with cancer (hopefully in remission and with a good prognosis), I am in awe of the man and wish him all the best.
  • Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He won't win, but he can go in our Digital Spy drawer of moral winners along with Ashley last year.
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    I doubt it. I think it is clear now, Joey, or Kian will win. I would put money on Kian to win the show.
  • floozie_21floozie_21 Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KittyKream wrote: »
    I REALLY hope so!
    He is such a genuine man with a lovely way about him and my favorite in there.

Why is Joey favorite to win anyway,because he is from TOWIE :mad: That's an itv2 show,surely it can't have that many viewers..can it? I have never seen it once in my life.

I think us David fans can hope for a win or at least top three.

Are we allowed to be David & Joey fans?

My ideal top 4 would be Joey, Kian, Amy & David (in any order) - here's hoping!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    Nope. They're slowly filtering out the old folk.

So, so ageist.

I had a wry smile on my face because the "plastic pretty people" ( youngsters) think they are immortal!

However, it REALLY REALLY does seem like yesterday that I thought all people with grey hair were nearly dead!

Now, 40 odd years on, the one message is Time passes at lightening speed - one minute you are young fit and healthy, the next you are old aching and have cancer( or is it just me :))
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love David, appears completely genuine. Hope he does win, Kian second now Steve gone. However, I think there is little chance he will win...we all know it will be Joey :cry: