PMQs Wednesday 6th March 2013: Live Discussion Thread!

Comments

• David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trouble is when Miliband asks a frank and honest question Cameron rarely gives a frank and honest answer, instead he usually finds away to turn the question back on Miliband.

That's how PMQ's work and in defence to all PM's who been on the receiving end, the questions coming at them are rarely "honest". Carefully conceived traps would be a better description. 99 times out of 100 their sole purpose is to discredit the PM, a member of his party or his party in toto. Now wonder they get short shrift.
  • helioslumoshelioslumos Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rafer wrote: »
    Then don't.

Don't watch Prime Minister's Questions because I don't like the Prime Minister? Yes, maybe I should not watch football because I don't like the other teams
  • MartinPMartinP Posts: 31,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »
    A tad biased ?

Yes just a little. I look forward to Labour supporters (and there are many), explaining how Ed has won PMQs today.... they don't normally, they just insult others who explain why they think he's put in a bad performance.
  • rusty123rusty123 Posts: 22,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trouble is when Miliband asks a frank and honest question Cameron rarely gives a frank and honest answer, instead he usually finds away to turn the question back on Miliband.

You'll have to remind me of any examples.
    Loads of open ended, spin laden, non specific tosh gets asked. Specifics about key policies?........ rarely if ever.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't watch Prime Minister's Questions because I don't like the Prime Minister? Yes, maybe I should not watch football because I don't like the other teams

Yes but when you've got such a poor captain it must be annoying to watch your team getting thrashed most weeks....
  • ExiledchillerExiledchiller Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cameron usually finds some ham-fisted way of getting in some pre-scripted insult about "Labour's mess / Unions / wrong Brother / no policies / borrowing." It's just awful to watch

Yes it's very tiring

Be nice if he outlined his plans and how things are improving, instead of looking back
  • gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Tee wrote: »
    That's how PMQ's work and in defence to all PM's who been on the receiving end, the questions coming at them are rarely "honest". Carefully conceived traps would be a better description. 99 times out of 100 their sole purpose is to discredit the PM, a member of his party or his party in toto. Now wonder they get short shrift.

But the difference is that most PM's have always answered the question knowing that they are rarely "honest", Cameron seems to have started a new trend.
  • RaferRafer Posts: 14,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's entirely up to you. But if you've taken a position before the event and you know you're not going to like Cameron no matter what. Don't complain about it afterwards and don't throw around accusations of bias.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MartinP wrote: »
    Yes but when you've got such a poor captain it must be annoying to watch your team getting thrashed most weeks....

Who wins PMQs is a matter of opinion, not a matter of fact (unlike football)
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes it's very tiring

Be nice if he outlined his plans and how things are improving, instead of looking back

He has repeatedly referred to achievements - such as unemployment numbers down, apprenticeship numbers up, numbers of people taken out of paying tax up and so on.
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And we're off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The bedroom tax (which isn't a tax) raised.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "bedroom tax" already
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rafer wrote: »
    It's entirely up to you. But if you've taken a position before the event and you know you're not going to like Cameron no matter what. Don't complain about it afterwards and don't throw around accusations of bias.

I don't like David Cameron. However sometimes he does get the better of Ed Miliband, which is undeniable. People on this forum are very biased (see earlier posts in this thread)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who wins PMQs is a matter of opinion, not a matter of fact (unlike football)

And it looks like your opinion was made up long before 12 noon today.
  • gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MartinP wrote: »
    Yes just a little. I look forward to Labour supporters (and there are many), explaining how Ed has won PMQs today.... they don't normally, they just insult others who explain why they think he's put in a bad performance.

When have I ever insulted anyone:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    How can it be fair that those in private rented system don't get a subsidy and those in social housing do asks Cameron in response to the planted question.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ah ha Bonus cap - told you so
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like David Cameron. However sometimes he does get the better of Ed Miliband, which is undeniable. People on this forum are very biased (see earlier posts in this thread)

yes they are. Particually the idiot who voted "both bad" before ed even stood up.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting line of questioning.
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice one there from Ed...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Miliband in jocular mood.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear John letter for Ed?
  • ExiledchillerExiledchiller Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol great dig by ed

Dave answer aw look back blame labour, pathetic
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,900
    Forum Member
    David Tee wrote: »
    Yup. I'm campaigning for Russell Brand.

I look forward to the ceremonial defrocking.....