King takes it to the decider!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,653
    Forum Member
    Really backing King here.

All the haters can GTF.
  • banbury_oddballbanbury_oddball Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst watching King & Smith, I've also just read the article about Phil Taylor not being happy with Stuart Pyke and Sid Wadell over their comments on his first match not being up to his usual standards.

Now taking into consideration that his daughter gave birth prematurely and him not having enough sleep, he did not play well. Luckily for him he's had two weak players for the first and second round.

It frustrates me that the Sky Commentators are always ki$$ing his ass anyway and when the crowd were on his back he didn't like it and mentioned about considering retirement. Another thing I noticed through his last two matches is that if the crowd are behind another player he asks the ref to quieten down the crowd. If they are behind him and chanting "There's only one Phil Taylor", he loves it and tough titty on the other player.

In a way I'm glad he didn't get sports personality of the year (even though I voted for him) as he's becoming a poor loser and doesn't handle it well. Excuses are always cropping up now. The glasses, his partner Wade in the Open recently, personal problems. Lets face it Phil, maybe the other players are better than you? Get over it son. I think the crowd are bored of Taylor winning all the time and relish the change for some of the other players to get a chance.

Anyway, I suspect tonight, the Sky Commentators will be so apologetic and kiss ass it will be embarrassing to listen too. I suspect Sid and John Gwynne will commentate tonight. I don't think Taylor would be happy if Stuart Pyke commentated on his match. Regardless, I'll be sat watching.

C'mon Smith - by the way :D
    Forum Member
    Cant believe he missed that- King must be gone now.
  • Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,333,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant believe he missed that- King must be gone now.
    yup, after such a good fightback it's Pieman on the hill....
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Looks like King is going to break back.
    Forum Member
    or maybe not :D
  • tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on King:D
    Forum Member
    A superb match- King really is a fighter
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't get much closer than that to winning!
    Forum Member
    Smith misses another two darts for the match.

King breaks back.
    Forum Member
    Smith misses a fourth dart for the match.

But King misses.

Smith finally gets it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The King is dead - long live the Pie!
  • tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another belter as the Pieman wins 4-3
    Forum Member
    Really gutted for King- but Smith probably deserved it due to his better finishing.
    Forum Member
    He might want to brush up on his match winning checkouts though. He won't always get that many chances.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really gutted for King- but Smith probably deserved it due to his better finishing.
    42% to 36%....not much in it, but as you intimated there were five ton plus checkouts by the Pie.
    Forum Member
    So an hours rest- then its more darts!

Shouldnt be as exciting tonight but you never know.

Tightest match could be the 1st one.
  • The NaitchThe Naitch Posts: 10,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Managed to catch the last couple of sets of Smith vs King ... The Pieman missed so many doubles before finally nailing the one that put him through.

Gutted to have missed Anderson vs Priestley earlier.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So an hours rest- then its more darts!

Shouldnt be as exciting tonight but you never know.

Tightest match could be the 1st one.
    Wouldn't be at all surprised if there's three 4-zips!!

That said, Barney isn't always the most clinical and if Hylton can replicate his form of the last round he could be good for a couple of sets.

Be amazed if Wright takes one off Taylor though :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bit embarrassing for the sport Pieman going on about pacing his drinking and when to go to the toilet :o
    Forum Member

That said, Barney isn't always the most clinical and if Hylton can replicate his form of the last round he could be good for a couple of sets.

I think Mcdine will take a set off Barney but Webster and Taylor will win without dropping a set.
  • CrazyeyeskillerCrazyeyeskiller Posts: 4,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well if Timeform did squiggles for darts players they'd have had a busy afternoon.

Osborne and Caven match was beyond useless from both players, btu Caven an embarassment. Loading up the cash to oppose Osborne against Barney or McDine on hcap.

Then the King of underachievment himself Anderson (ok maybe jackpot) coasts into the 3-0 averaging 109 or something only to nearly be pegged back to 3-3 (should have been) by a 60 yr old - his title odds are a farce to my mind - will be laying the nuts off him and Barney that's for sure.

Anyone else sick to death of the continual hounding and booing of King? It is so pathetic and boring now, guy has done nothing to deserve it unlike those intellectually challenged doofuses Nicholson and Wade (Wade's crying about the crowd is laughable, does he not realise the more he moans the more he gets?!)

Come on Webster , Whitlock or TJ
  • CrazyeyeskillerCrazyeyeskiller Posts: 4,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

McDine could beat Barney if he had even half a backbone and some belief in himself.
This discussion has been closed.