The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 46)

Comments

• Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look away now if you don't want to spoil yourself for the German NF........rehearsal pics of all the acts bar Father Ted and co, in costume. Apparently with it being ash Wednesday they had to wash their cassocks or something;)......

http://blog.prinz.de/grand-prix/roll-blog-hannover-calling-unser-song-fur-malmo-probt/

The running order was supposedly a random draw, but it's worked out well for Cascada. Shame the same can't be said for her costume........not very flattering.:eek::D

More pics here.....

http://www.eurovision.de/event/vorentscheid/probe117_page-1.html

Drip Drop anyone?;)
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    Love the kerazy German sense of humour- "Finn Martin has a great speaking voice and hair like sauerkraut and is next"

Also, one of Finn's songs co-writers also wrote and released the original version of Upside Down by Paloma Faith.
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd never heard Nathalie Horner speak before. I love her accent!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2874571601586
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natalie is squeezed into that ensemble:o
    Great to see Danke Anke back!!:D
  • Damien.Damien. Posts: 18,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Niall Horan tweeted earlier asking people to support Zoe Alexis - Fire in Eurosong 2013. The video has since jumped by about 50/60k views to 90,000!
  • hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why are the BBC taking their sweet ass time this year...:( GRRR normally by now we have some inside gossip.....This could go two ways it could be a good thing everything is under lock and key or they havent got anyone yet and they are panicking...im going for the latter.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damien. wrote: »
    Niall Horan tweeted earlier asking people to support Zoe Alexis - Fire in Eurosong 2013. The video has since jumped by about 50/60k views to 90,000!

And Aimée has managed 25,000 views for her preview video of Crashing Down in the space of 24 hours :)
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why are the BBC taking their sweet ass time this year...:( GRRR normally by now we have some inside gossip.....This could go two ways it could be a good thing everything is under lock and key or they havent got anyone yet and they are panicking...im going for the latter.

Pointless hearing inside info if its a load of rubbish anyways :p. The Hump wasn't announced until the 1st March last year and there were no rumours about him at all.

They are probably just doing it the same way as last year, the closer to the contest they reveal the better for them it seems.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damien. wrote: »

All of the fangirls will now vote for this. Like they did for Jedward, once it's got One Direction involved it's going to win the public vote
  • JordanC55JordanC55 Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    Zoe alexis isn't that good.... Tbh.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JordanC55 wrote: »
    Zoe alexis isn't that good.... Tbh.

It's a shame the song is quite weak as her image and personality is so good:(
    I have a feeling that she'll put on a great performance though and with the one direction army behind her, she seems favourite to go through now.
    I'm torn between her and Ryan so I'll be happy to see whoever gives the best performance on the night going through:)

On another note, I think we can officially rule Kasey out of the running. She has only a couple of thousand hits on youtube and is the only act not to release an official video for her song:sleep: Her whole campaign seems like a half-arsed effort really.
    Mairead should be doing a better job of mentoring.
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    It's a shame the song is quite weak as her image and personality is so good:(
    I have a feeling that she'll put on a great performance though and with the one direction army behind her, she seems favourite to go through now.
    I'm torn between her and Ryan so I'll be happy to see whoever gives the best performance on the night going through:)

On another note, I think we can officially rule Kasey out of the running. She has only a couple of thousand hits on youtube and is the only act not to release an official video for her song:sleep: Her whole campaign seems like a half-arsed effort really.
    Mairead should be doing a better job of mentoring.

It's half arsed as she only joined 10 days ago as Melanie Mcabe dropped out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slovenia coming up at 20 past http://www.val202.si/v-zivo/ (link from ESCKaz)

The song is apparently called Ne bom zmagala - I will not win :eek::D:D
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    20 past 11?!

I hope it's good and they haven't made a misguided stab at comedy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    20 past 11?!

I hope it's good and they haven't made a misguided stab at comedy.

12.20 CET so that's 11.20 to us isn't it
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spoiler alert German NF recap of rehearsal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5igurDbmdo&feature=youtu.be&a
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slovenia coming up heard her name http://www.val202.si/v-zivo/ Straight into Love (Dubstep)

Quite Funky pity about the chorus as the verses are good
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,382
    Forum Member
    Is this the Eurovision song? Straight into Love? It's good!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katsuya wrote: »
    Is this the Eurovision song? Straight into Love? It's good!

Yes it is
  • MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    phill363 wrote: »

Haha, those three stagehands standing in for the priests. :D
  • MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    Oh, did I miss Slovenia's song?!
    Forum Member
    That was good. Not the best, but certainly top half of the ones we have heard so far. Not the most inventive song but Slovenia could qualify with it...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katsuya wrote: »
    That was good. Not the best, but certainly top half of the ones we have heard so far. Not the most inventive song but Slovenia could qualify with it...

Yeah I'd put it down as borderline as the presentation will need to be on point. The chorus could do with a tad more work. It's alright reallly
  • AfterTodayAfterToday Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I work for a magazine organisation in London and we have had some information on who may represent the UK for Eurovision this year! It is not final but talks are going on as we speak!

It is an actress who is CURRENTLY appearing in a British soap! .......
    Forum Member
    phill363 wrote: »

A lot of them seem to have terrible, terrible stage presence. Namely Betty, Mia and Ben. They all looked like they'd be rather somewhere else. Saint Lu, Nica & Joe, Cascada all look and sound like they're going to be great.
This discussion has been closed.