Talksport Chat (Part 11)

Comments

• Xavier QuebeckXavier Quebeck Posts: 78,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anybody know what has happened to Henk Potts? He hasn't been doing the business news for a few weeks now and it seems he has been replaced on a permanent basis by boring Matt Scott.

I must admit I like Henk and some of the stuff he says is hilarious. It was a lot better when Ronnie Irani was on there as Henk would rip him.
  • Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan Boozil and Way Pawwar have just been saying England will be playing in an all white strip at the world cup for our 3 games there what's that all about Italy play in blue shirts, Uruguay play in blue shirts and Costa Rica play red shirts surely was could keep our normal strip instead of sending them out to battle looking like Wimbledon tennis players again.
    3 games that's all I'm giving them and it'll be the usual early plane back again, sorry to be so pessimistic but playing Italy and Uruguay coupled with our record of bottling it what other realistic expectations could there be. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anybody know what has happened to Henk Potts? He hasn't been doing the business news for a few weeks now and it seems he has been replaced on a permanent basis by boring Matt Scott.

I must admit I like Henk and some of the stuff he says is hilarious. It was a lot better when Ronnie Irani was on there as Henk would rip him.

When Ronald was there Henk was the only bright spot on the show he is a legend for all his put-downs of Irani your right, a solid gold legend. (even if he is a well-off snobby Hooray-Henry) :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Billy244 wrote: »
    When Ronald was there Henk was the only bright spot on the show he is a legend for all his put-downs of Irani your right, a solid gold legend. (even if he is a well-off snobby Hooray-Henry) :D

PS..
    Sorry don't know what's happened to him lately.
  • Xavier QuebeckXavier Quebeck Posts: 78,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A lot of the time Ronnie didn't help himself though. I think he was a little bit intimidated by Henk. There were a couple of occasions where Ronnie would try to get one over on Henk but it didn't work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    Last night there was no Rodney Marsh or mention of why on Goldsteins show, after Man City's win, do you think those tweets have ended that relationship.
  • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see Alan Brazil didnt let the Arsanall supporters down this morning......last week Arsenal beat Sunderland 4-1.....first mention 1 hour 52 minutes into the show.....this week Arsenal lose to stoke 1-0......first mention 9 minutes into show........I won a bet with my mate he would mention Arsenal asap.....haha

Well done for that Paul, but you may as well have betted on the sun rising in the morning:D Hardly ever listen to Durham on Drive Time but have a feeling yesterday's show might have gone along the lines of ... "Arsenal won't finish in Top 4, they won't win anything this year, Wenger has to go ... " and on and on. All of this doesn't stop Mr Brazil enjoying the hospitality at the Emirates though does it .. two-faced doesn't even come close .... ;-)
  • jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    Nice one Bud. :D

2/2 Well done mate.

Best wishes Jacqueline.:p
    Forum Member
    Do away with the Milk cup for Prem clubs and maybe the FA Cup will be taken more seriously. The problem with that is though - as you say the Sponsers.

I think also the FA Cup could posssibly give a CL place as a carrot.

That wouldn't be a bad idea Andy, I would do the same with the FA Cup leaving teams finishing 3rd and 4th in the League going into Europa Cup.

You could not help notice the rows of empty seats opposite the half-way line at Wembley this year and last year in the League Cup Final, these are corporate seats that are given to big companies for employees with no interest in football. Why don't the FA give the tickets to hospitals and charities so they can auction them and make a bit of money. The FA could even call the scheme 'putting something back into the game. (sarcastic smiley)

Capital One who sponsor The League Cup to their credit pay for all the buses to take both sets of fans to Wembley which means every fan has an extra £ 30 or 40 in their pockets to enjoy the day.

I hope Boozio gets himself in shape for the heat and humidity of Brazil or he could find himself in trouble, but at least with a head that size he wont get mugged.:p
  • HomesdaleHomesdale Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member

They dont have the business section on at 5:45am anymore either.
    Forum Member

If there is a god up there hopefully Henk is waking up in a wheelie bin smelling of fish and his toes poking out of a ripped pair of trainers.:D
    Forum Member
    jackyork wrote: »

I hope Boozio gets himself in shape for the heat and humidity of Brazil or he could find himself in trouble, but at least with a head that size he wont get mugged.:p

Personally I hope he slips up, goes on the lash and gets the boot, I reckon they may be taking a doctor or some tranqs with them to keep him sober, I am not sure thought what the time in Brazil will be at 6am UK time or 7am here !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of the time Ronnie didn't help himself though. I think he was a little bit intimidated by Henk. There were a couple of occasions where Ronnie would try to get one over on Henk but it didn't work.

What is was was (was was?) it was like Bamber Gascoigne v Benny from Crossroads Irani was completely kippered every time when it came to arguing intelligently. (and Ronnie boy knew it) :p
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,872
    Forum Member
    Alan Boozil and Way Pawwar have just been saying England will be playing in an all white strip at the world cup for our 3 games there what's that all about Italy play in blue shirts, Uruguay play in blue shirts and Costa Rica play red shirts surely was could keep our normal strip instead of sending them out to battle looking like Wimbledon tennis players again.
    be. :(

FIFA have ruled that al kits must be a single colour (except Brazil it seems)

Due to TV demands...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark F wrote: »
    FIFA have ruled that al kits must be a single colour (except Brazil it seems)

Due to TV demands...

Wasn't aware of that thanks Mark, did they say why?, I can't remember this ever happening before and I think it's just very wrong.

PS..
    I get you say TV demands but still don't follow it.
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark, did they say why?, .

cos Dale's doing " The doorstep challenge "

can anyone tell me if the moose has had his wings clipped, on every show now..... & just read the sports news ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cos Dale's doing " The doorstep challenge "

can anyone tell me if the moose has had his wings clipped, on every show now..... & just read the sports news ?

Nobody seems to know sleeper but his appearances are definitely fewer, to me it spells out he's upset someone he shouldn't have and at the moment he's back to what he should be doing just a sports updater.
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody seems to know sleeper but his appearances are definitely fewer, to me it spells out he's upset someone he shouldn't have and at the moment he's back to what he should be doing just a sports updater.

Thats wot I was thinking aswell Billy, Does he still do his wee stint, just after the 05.30 am news ? I've not heard that show for months & just wondering
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With the countdown started again to Big Al's annual freebie in the Coral Box at Cheltenham festival I've updated the old rant clip, in fact it's not the 15 minute one any more this one is a full half hour maximum blast version. :D

http://bit.ly/1i2SD2n
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder who exactly out of all the presenters working at talkSPORT that could be expected to go to the world cup in a working capacity are going to miss out?, we can't really know this until they tell us the ones actually going and up to now I personally only know of Alan Brazil and even that's unofficial as yet.
    I guess what I'm trying to say is there's probably gonna be a couple or three upset at not going especially as Al is going with his record of not behaving himself on tours, maybe that's what's up with Moose, he spends long hours covering games often starting at 5am and he's still at it at 10pm covering night matches if he's one of those missing out I can't blame him for being really miffed off about it.

Will they announce the full talkSPORT party flying out?. [and yes I know "party" is exactly the right word in Mr Alan Brazil's case] :D

Or have I missed it and it's already been announced?.
  • IamnotananorakIamnotananorak Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    I listened to Fisherman Blues on Sunday, and there were the following callers,

Colin from Torquay, a regular who went on about his ailments rather than fishing.

Les Webber from Angling Projects talking about the good work they have done, which is the same good work every week.

John from Reading who said that he had been fishing in the River Thames, something he does most days. If he said that he had not been fishing that would have been breaking news.

Dean Macey, who has a number of other avenues to make his comments about fishing.

Does anyone remember when Ronnie Irani was on Saturdays, he was trying to get a freebie off Keith Arthur. I thought that Keith Arthur was thinking. Yes you can come shark fishing with me Ronnie, I can use you as bait.
    Forum Member
    With the countdown started again to Big Al's annual freebie in the Coral Box at Cheltenham festival I've updated the old rant clip, in fact it's not the 15 minute one any more this one is a full half hour maximum blast version. :D

http://bit.ly/1i2SD2n

Thats cool, Thanks for that, I kind of remember that day, but I never knew who he was at that time, I was more a Sky news man and then switched to porky and parry when I first tuned in, took me a while to get into the breakfast show.
    Forum Member
    I wonder who exactly out of all the presenters working at talkSPORT that could be expected to go to the world cup in a working capacity are going to miss out?, we can't really know this until they tell us the ones actually going and up to now I personally only know of Alan Brazil and even that's unofficial as yet.
    I guess what I'm trying to say is there's probably gonna be a couple or three upset at not going especially as Al is going with his record of not behaving himself on tours, maybe that's what's up with Moose, he spends long hours covering games often starting at 5am and he's still at it at 10pm covering night matches if he's one of those missing out I can't blame him for being really miffed off about it.

Will they announce the full talkSPORT party flying out?. [and yes I know "party" is exactly the right word in Mr Alan Brazil's case] :D

Bang on, that guy does put some hours in, and a fair bit of travelling too, always in a good mood even when Hammers losing.

Curious though, what did you mean by 'maybe that's what's up with Moose' I live in Spain so I now go out or have every game on TV so don't have talksport on so much these days for live matches / 3pm's, how is he portaying his attitude ?
    Forum Member

Moose mentioned a few months ago he was going to the WC....At least Mr McBoozio will not be the only one wearing Khaki shorts with long white socks and a 'Rule Brittania' hanky on his head.:(
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The headline in the Sun is quite interesting for our "dazzler".

Mind you does stop them talking about Camerons Paodo cover-up, so maybe he's just doing a job for his beloved Tory Party?
This discussion has been closed.