google images

is there no way of stopping your images of showing up on google images there seems to be no privacy no matter where you upload pictures

Comments

• paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the most obvious way is setup wherever you upload your photos so they're not visible to everyone in the world....

Otherwise, even if you want anyone to be able to view the photos (e.g. for linking from a forum) most decent sites have a setting to prevent indexing.
  • JulesandSandJulesandSand Posts: 6,012
    Forum Member
    Mine are on Picasa and are only visible to me and to anyone I allow - no-one else.
  • !!11oneone!!11oneone Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If your site is indexed by Google, then of course the photos will show up. If your pictures are on the internet, viewable by anyone, then they're not private.

If you need to log in to see them, or you've set your site up not to be indexed, then they will be.

I'm confused as to how you think them appearing on Google Images is some sort of breach of privacy of something you've posted freely online.
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,845
    Forum Member
    !!11oneone wrote: »
    If your site is indexed by Google, then of course the photos will show up. If your pictures are on the internet, viewable by anyone, then they're not private.

If you need to log in to see them, or you've set your site up not to be indexed, then they will be.

I'm confused as to how you think them appearing on Google Images is some sort of breach of privacy of something you've posted freely online.

i wasnt aware that every single picture went onto google images. can you set them up to be not indexed on most sites?
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i wasnt aware that every single picture went onto google images. can you set them up to be not indexed on most sites?

Knowing where you're uploading them to might help us answer you question.

I could go on about htaccess etc but i'm sure that wont be applicable to you.
  • !!11oneone!!11oneone Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If it's on the internet, Google indexes it.
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,845
    Forum Member
    Knowing where you're uploading them to might help us answer you question.

I could go on about htaccess etc but i'm sure that wont be applicable to you.

social networks and forums. my photobucket is private
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When you join a social site there are options for privacy.
    The social sites tend to turn off privacy by default in order to market their site ! Facebook were/are by far the worst courtesy of being the most successful

That is not googles fault. Google just happens to be the financial enemy of Apple and Microsoft.
    So Apple sues and Microsoft campaigns for our privacy!