Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 7)

Comments

• k0213818k0213818 Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    One word:

"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"

The sound is appauling and I can't stand the smirk on his face.
    (I'm talking about the Burger King XT advert in case you don't know)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do the advertisers think that putting someone that is taking part in the Olympics will sell more products are nuts
  • LYNN(E)LYNN(E) Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont get me started on that bloody Burger King ad :mad::mad:
    I have to mute as soon as it starts what sort of sick deranged weirdo thinks these things up ?
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    A toddler could improve it hope everyone boycotts them aggravating bastards:mad::mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Just seen an ad with a dog staring at a guy about to bin a blue toy rabbit, there are flashbacks of the dog enjoying its time with the toy rabbit and the guy decides not to bin it, didn't catch what product it was for as it vanished before I had chance to see what it was, will have to look down the pet isle tomorrow and see if I can find a link, not that I have a dog anyway :D
  • OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That sugar advert where she says "hey tall dark and handsome" and it cuts to that guy who isn't dark (he's blond) and not even handsome!
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    pnp63 wrote: »
    Just seen an ad with a dog staring at a guy about to bin a blue toy rabbit, there are flashbacks of the dog enjoying its time with the toy rabbit and the guy decides not to bin it, didn't catch what product it was for as it vanished before I had chance to see what it was, will have to look down the pet isle tomorrow and see if I can find a link, not that I have a dog anyway :D

I like that ad with Harvey the dog, it's for a company called Thinkbox
    http://www.thinkbox.tv/server/show/nav.1346 (Harvey info)
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,377
    Forum Member
    Yeah definitely the "MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM" advert

Sounds like he's straining on the toilet.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Brain saved £400 on his car insurance..." I DON'T CARE!! GO AWAY!! :mad:
  • OnDatKryptoniteOnDatKryptonite Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kingsmill pockets. Crap dad doesn't punish his daughter because she starts making a snack, retreats and goes to bed while she rambles on.

In my ideal version he takes her keys off her, takes the sandwich out of her hand and tells her if she can't obey his rules, she doesn't get to enjoy the luxuries he provides, he eats the sandwich and tells her to shut up, go to bed and to give him her phone so she can't text her stupid boyfriend that kept her out late fingerbanging her in the back of his mum's Corsa.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    The Sky sports advert with the hideous music getting more dustbin-rattling and faster as it goes on. Actually makes me feel a bit sick.
  • Invent MeridianInvent Meridian Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That sugar advert where she says "hey tall dark and handsome" and it cuts to that guy who isn't dark (he's blond) and not even handsome!

The worst part about that advert is when she says "Lets Spoon"!
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    Current contenders for me is the advertisement for some kind of food product where the mother is with her daughter who is talking to an imaginary friend(?) called Emily and at the end the little girl sighs and says "Good work, Emily." I want to reach through my screen and slap her hard.

The current BT ads. OH MY GOD. Is it in their contract that they must make the most horrible and annoying adverts ever?

The cheekybingo ads that play before Jeremy Kyle where the narrator makes a statement such as "Are you sure you didn't lie?" and that frizzy haired woman stands there with a gormless look on her face.
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    Oh and how could I have forgotten the Philadelphia advert with that woman.. "Like I said, it's got to please THREE fussy boys." Oh shut up, you smug ****!
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Poor little rich girl is travelling the world and loses all her money on the first day :cry: Hey, but it's ok because daddy can just wire her a load more cash instantly, and he's so rich, (or stupid?) he's not even remotely bothered by it. In fact, he's going to have a ridiculous smile plastered across his face throughout the whole process :confused:

A message I'm sure we can all very much relate to in these tough economic times... :rolleyes:
  • LillithLillith Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tarot wrote: »
    I've never been able to get this version out of my head :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gib916jJW1o

Thanks for that link. I used to love that ad. Wasn't there a similar one with the line "Me ears are alight".?
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lillith wrote: »
    Thanks for that link. I used to love that ad. Wasn't there a similar one with the line "Me ears are alight".?

Yes, this is the one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEe0qqPAC6E
  • Audio RebelAudio Rebel Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kingsmill pockets. Crap dad doesn't punish his daughter because she starts making a snack, retreats and goes to bed while she rambles on.

Kingsmill bread is awful.Goes stale & hard after a day.
    Prefer Warburtons or Hovis.

Another vote for the meaningless Halfords ad featuring The Skids - 'Into the valley'.
  • MarkBealesMarkBeales Posts: 3,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    Poor little rich girl is travelling the world and loses all her money on the first day :cry: Hey, but it's ok because daddy can just wire her a load more cash instantly, and he's so rich, (or stupid?) he's not even remotely bothered by it. In fact, he's going to have a ridiculous smile plastered across his face throughout the whole process :confused:

A message I'm sure we can all very much relate to in these tough economic times... :rolleyes:

It seems to me that Natwest's target customers are complete idiots. If you think you might lose your wallet at the airport or have an imbecilic daughter who can't look after her money, then join us!
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Current contenders for me is the advertisement for some kind of food product where the mother is with her daughter who is talking to an imaginary friend(?) called Emily and at the end the little girl sighs and says "Good work, Emily." I want to reach through my screen and slap her hard.
    I think she's making the eggs into her friends/play things.
    Still annoying though.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member

In my ideal version he takes her keys off her, takes the sandwich out of her hand and tells her if she can't obey his rules, she doesn't get to enjoy the luxuries he provides, he eats the sandwich and tells her to shut up, go to bed and to give him her phone so she can't text her stupid boyfriend that kept her out late fingerbanging her in the back of his mum's Corsa.
    This advert shows why parents smack kids :p
  • jo2015jo2015 Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    That Coca Cola ad with Mark Ronson which ends with this annoying voiceover in that godawful 'urban' accent that some of the youth of today like to use.

Sounds like that moron on Eastenders (fatboy?)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    The Samsung WiFi cameras (answering a problem nobody's ever had...) and the Nintendo 3DS adverts.

Why not employ people who can act?
  • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and how could I have forgotten the Philadelphia advert with that woman.. "Like I said, it's got to please THREE fussy boys." Oh shut up, you smug ****!

"Three Fussy Boys"...drives me nuts...hate that ad!
    How the fek is that food going to satisfy anyone who is fussy? It's processed heart attack on a plate!
    It's gonna kill three fussy boys if it's gonna do anything!
    Stooopid ad.
    :mad::mad::mad:
  • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"Tomatoes, cheese...I love cheese...."
    I hate the way she rabbits on and gets out of being home late. I want her dad to do what you suggest!
    :D:D:D
  • AtlanticAtlantic Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Brain saved £400 on his car insurance..." I DON'T CARE!! GO AWAY!! :mad:

That Brian is in another advert for Dulux I believe. He was the slob living in his parents home finally deciding to move out.
This discussion has been closed.