Advice on installation + magic eye

MoDingleMoDingle Posts: 4,275
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am getting Sky+ fitted on Tuesday. At the moment I have a digital box in living room and a cable from dish to tv in bedroom which I operate with magic eye but obviously have to watch same channel on both. When I have Sky+ fitted will I be able to watch different channel in each room?

Also what should I look out for during installation, is there anything I should pay particular attention to?

Thank you :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sky+ box has only one decoder, so although you can record two programmes, or record one and watch one, you can only ever have a single output.
  • MoDingleMoDingle Posts: 4,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow thanks for the speedy reply.

Is it as simple as plugging the magic eye cable from digibox into the Sky+ box or is it more complicated than that?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,087
    Forum Member
    you need to switch the power on for it to work in hidden menu

services, then 4 then 0 then1 then select

goto rf2 options and power on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    when you get the sky plus fitted most instalers have a look at your set up now and install the nes box the same way..i.e if you have a magic eye they will set up the magic eye for you with the sky plus box..if not ask...failing that its easy to do as the previous post says
  • MoDingleMoDingle Posts: 4,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well thought it was too good to be true. After threatening to cancel and receiving a +box for £49 I got a call today from Sky saying my installation has been changed from 16th to 23rd Oct. They said they had a computer error and no spaces available for 16th !! They left message on ansafone along with number for me to call back to say if this was ok - surprise surprise number doesn't work. Got through to them eventually and looks like its all go for 23rd :rolleyes: