Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,108
    Forum Member
    Oh for f***'s sake - how dim are some people? :rolleyes::D
  • Options
    MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    That's what happens when you buy your German-English dictionary from the Gamma Forest Bookshop.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear lord, there weren't actually complaints were there? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh dear lord, there weren't actually complaints were there? :D

Reminds me of the advert on telly where the woman says "it's so quick n simple" too quickly - everytime I hear that it sounds like some new swear-word
  • Options
    BobbyMaloneBobbyMalone Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember the line in question and did sort of go 'eh?did he just say.....Nah. of course not.'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,108
    Forum Member
    Who would like to take bets that the complaints will increase now it's been reported?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    Reminds me of the advert on telly where the woman says "it's so quick n simple" too quickly - everytime I hear that it sounds like some new swear-word

I know that advert! And yes, I do the same double take!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member

:o i thought i was the only one who heard that, i even use theword quick'n now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dapa wrote: »
    I did think it odd at the time that some were speaking in German and others in English. Could some of the soldiers have been timelords speaking Gallifreyan and therefore the Tardis was not abe to provide a translation however hard you concentrated?;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :o i thought i was the only one who heard that, i even use theword quick'n now.

I've used it in the pub and had to explain where it comes from. Who knows, maybe it'll catch on.

Remember "naff" - as in "naff off" and "naffin' hell" - that comes from "Porridge". The writers wanted a "swear word" as the show's set in a prison but it had to be one that could be broadcast in a 7pm sit-com - so they invented one and it took off. I've even had people complain when I used the word "naffin'" on a forum.
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some people, eh :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On my second watch of LKH I did think I heard the F word, but thought nah must be something in German. Was wondering if there was going to be any press that commented on it. And look there is!
  • Options
    TerraCanisTerraCanis Posts: 14,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For years, there was a popular myth that Jo Grant's line "You can't just scuttle off and leave the Doctor" in Curse of Peladon was really "You can't just b****r off and leave the Doctor". Although as far as I know, nobody complained to the BBC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TerraCanis wrote: »
    For years, there was a popular myth that Jo Grant's line "You can't just scuttle off and leave the Doctor" in Curse of Peladon was really "You can't just b****r off and leave the Doctor". Although as far as I know, nobody complained to the BBC.

They probably did - but Michael Grade would have told them to naff off.