Boxing

Comments

• stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forgot about this, Eubank Jr on now, looking good.
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    Eubank junior puts together some good punches and moves well, but he needs to cut out some very basic mistakes.

Definitely heading in the right direction and one to watch.
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Eubank Jr looks like he has a serious future.

In stark contrast we now have Tyson Fury.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like fury. Not sure why crowd are booing. His opponent is a tough one who has never been stopped even vitali couldn't stop him.
    Forum Member
    I'd still take Fury to beat Price if they fight anytime soon.

At least Fury is fighting credible opponents and improving.

Not an exciting performance tonight, but a patient and professional one against a world ranked opponent.

Price is becoming a joke as far as I am concerned. Sooner or later he will have to fight someone who actually hits back.
    Forum Member
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    I'd still take Fury to beat Price if they fight anytime soon.

At least Fury is fighting credible opponents and improving.

Not an exciting performance tonight, but a patient and professional one against a world ranked opponent.

Price is becoming a joke as far as I am concerned. Sooner or later he will have to fight someone who actually hits back.

I agree about Price but i really don't rate Fury at all. Will no doubt be proved wrong though! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Johnson is a tough fighter. The crowd want fury to fight like his other fights but when you step up you can't do that otherwise you get knocked out. He did a professional job tonight.
  • LongBallPleaseLongBallPlease Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fury has improved loads, quite impressed with his discipline tonight BUT THAT SINGING AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SHOW WAS SOOOOO GAYYYYYY!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    A good win for Fury against a rock solid opponent. Agree with the poster above about the booing. The crowd are really thick and know nothing if they think that was bad.
    Forum Member
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    I agree about Price but i really don't rate Fury at all. Will no doubt be proved wrong though! :D

I thought it was a really mature performance from Fury tonight. I gave him all but one round.

I really don't know why Fury gets so much criticism while people are raving about someone like Price who hasn't fought a single credible opponent yet.

Price is stiff and robotic. At least Fury has a bit of movement and variety.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive seen far worse fights than that. Not sure what they expected. Maybe they didn't know who Johnson was.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #did you ever know that your my hero# lol
    Forum Member
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    I thought it was a really mature performance from Fury tonight. I gave him all but one round.

I really don't know why Fury gets so much criticism while people are raving about someone like Price who hasn't fought a single credible opponent yet.

Price is stiff and robotic. At least Fury has a bit of movement and variety.

Im not promoting Price by saying i don't like Fury!

I just don't rate Fury.

Having said that we see boxers on tv much earlier in their development these days so maybe I'm just being harsh. Time will tell i guess.
  • jesse_pinkmanjesse_pinkman Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know what channel the Pacquiao-Marquez fight will be on? Is it even being shown by any UK broadcasters?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know what channel the Pacquiao-Marquez fight will be on? Is it even being shown by any UK broadcasters?

Primetime are showing it.

http://www.primetimeboxing.co.uk/

'Only £14.95'. Yeah, to watch it in standard definition at 5am. No thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Primetime are showing it.

http://www.primetimeboxing.co.uk/

'Only £14.95'. Yeah, to watch it in standard definition at 5am. No thanks.

Thanks. I'm kind of tempted, good quality streams are proving difficult to get these days...
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks. I'm kind of tempted, good quality streams are proving difficult to get these days...

If only I used my Walter White alias on this forum....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If only I used my Walter White alias on this forum....

Haha!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You lot need to get a 1metre dish pointed at 26e (Sky is broadcast from 28.2e) because JSC Sports show big fights live for free and in English (they had Cotto on last night) or point a normal sized Sky dish at 13e and buy a Al Jazeera sports card for £80 a year, they show a lot of top boxing as well.
    Forum Member
    You lot need to get a 1metre dish pointed at 26e (Sky is broadcast from 28.2e) because JSC Sports show big fights live for free and in English (they had Cotto on last night) or point a normal sized Sky dish at 13e and buy a Al Jazeera sports card for £80 a year, they show a lot of top boxing as well.

How does that work? Do you have a second dish? What STB do you use for that?
  • CTD101CTD101 Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cantona there are many ways to do it but a second dish is as easy a method as any. There are many different types of stb, but you will need one that has a card reader, technomate are a very good and reliable make.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eubank Jr looks like he has a serious future.

In stark contrast we now have Tyson Fury.

Eubank Jr is progressing at an impressive rate.

He beat a decent opponent whilist himself being only a 7 fight novice & to top that off, he's fighting again next weekend, which is unheard of in modern boxing.

The old-timers used to fight every week or so, but modern fighters just don't do that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How does that work? Do you have a second dish? What STB do you use for that?

I have a 2nd dish which is a 1m motorised dish, with a £50 silvercrest receiver from Lidl, I can get feeds on that as well, for example the Flintoff fight had a free feed on 24.5w.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cotto should retire. He didn't exactly take a Manny Pacquiao beating, but that was a fight that he would have won 2 years ago. Time has caught up with him and I don't see who he beats at 154 who is credible. His punches seemed to lack the pop they once had and he is not a good 12 round fighter, he is usually on his bike after round 8.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi, maybe a bit cheeky, but would anyone be willing to PM me a stream of Pacquiao-Marquez tonight...?