World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXXVIII (Spoilers)

Comments

• DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    Ebo_Elder wrote: »
    Yeah, agree with fmkk and others online. Banning curb stomp is unneeded. It is not difficult to shield when taking the move so it doesnt come close to hitting the mat and he puts his soft wrestling shoe lightly on the guys head so thats not an issue. Simple to work it like other face or head impact moves. Suited him perfectly too.

2015. :(

It's not banned. No doubt we will find out why the switch to the DDT shortly, but it's supposedly not banned.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    I'd imagine there could be grounds for them no longer wanting to use it based on it being a simple move for kids to copy. I'm not aware of any incidents, but it's a potentially lethal move in real life.
    In fact the curb stomp as well as Ortons punt would be illegal moves in the UFC due to the recipient having his/her hands on the mat.
  • AgeOfTheGeekAgeOfTheGeek Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A promo for Payback has been released today.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xok8_38fcM

Seems (as if we didn't already know) Rollins is retaining on Sunday and at Payback he will defend it in a triple threat match against
    Randy Orton and Roman Reigns

Please dear god don't give the belt to him
  • vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DejaVoodoo wrote: »
    According to Meltzer, the curb stomp is not banned however he's using that DDT type finisher going forward. No idea why the change but that's what he's been told so far.

I think the Curb Stomp will be like the punt kick of Ortons. Used rarely but effective when he does. The idea it keeps wrestlers out of action but then uses it every match does not make sense.

However anyone who believes it has been banned is simply gullible to news 'reporters' who simply use click bait. If the move has been banned why is the flying butt reinstated? The superkick not banned and think about this why replace it with a DDT which as dangerous, if not more, than the Curb Stomp. (Which is actually very safe).
  • ChparmarChparmar Posts: 6,367
    Forum Member
    I though Raw was okay. A 6/10. Not enough Show/Reigns build up, which is the 2nd best match on the ER card.
    Kane was okay and good lost to Cena. But sorry I didn't like Orton stalking weak WWE talent for RKOs all night.

Cena should have been expecting to get hit from behind, most probably as it was teased that MIZ would be confronting him. Instead Rusev hitting Cena from behind and hurting him, just made him look stupid. With Brock practically demoting Cena to the US title spot, Cena needs to look stronger.
  • AlexiRAlexiR Posts: 22,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm absolutely fine with Rollins not using the Curb Stomp as a regular finisher. Its never particularly worked for me in that role. Its one of the few finishers they have that looks and feels like its properly devastating and having people feeling fine a few minutes after taking it doesn't entirely work for me. Pushing it as a special move pulled out on big occasions works. Having said that the new finisher he used on Raw this week was pretty bland.
  • goodol lsgoodol ls Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WWE used piledrivers back in the day. Its hardly at that level.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,988
    Forum Member
    Ebo_Elder wrote: »
    Yeah, agree with fmkk and others online. Banning curb stomp is unneeded. It is not difficult to shield when taking the move so it doesnt come close to hitting the mat and he puts his soft wrestling shoe lightly on the guys head so thats not an issue. Simple to work it like other face or head impact moves. Suited him perfectly too.

2015. :(

But it's easy for us to say that when we aren't getting sued by every man and his dog for not caring about concussions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those suits should be thrown out of court. There's always going to be risks in wrestling and they get paid well enough for them.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WWE lucky with nfl schedule in terms of the fact there's nothing major against the ppvs, Survivor Series is against Kansas City at San Diego.
  • dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    BlueSteel wrote: »
    I'd imagine there could be grounds for them no longer wanting to use it based on it being a simple move for kids to copy. I'm not aware of any incidents, but it's a potentially lethal move in real life.
    In fact the curb stomp as well as Ortons punt would be illegal moves in the UFC due to the recipient having his/her hands on the mat.

The DDT is a simple move to copy. Just put someone in a headlock and fall down could easily break someones neck suprised they havent tried to Ban the DDT.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't they ban Jake The Snakes DDT once?
  • AgeOfTheGeekAgeOfTheGeek Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    WWE lucky with nfl schedule in terms of the fact there's nothing major against the ppvs, Survivor Series is against Kansas City at San Diego.

Very lucky. Only times I can see them taking a hit are when Raw comes up against Giant/Eagles and Cowboys/Redskins
  • BFGArmyBFGArmy Posts: 28,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joooe wrote: »
    So is there anyone, anywhere who's not gonna predict a Rollins' win on Sunday? :D

I wouldn't mind Rollins/Triple H next. Assuming Rollins eventually wins it, I think it'd be more fun than Orton and could make him look great.

Me. I've got a hunch Orton will win at ER via punt.

Though worst of all Kane interference meaning nobody wins and Kane/Orton/Rollins at the next PPV is still possible.

That said I found Raw pretty watchable and left it satisfied which is good enough for me. That said they'll probably take 100 steps back in the next 7 days.
  • BFGArmyBFGArmy Posts: 28,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vampirek wrote: »
    I think the Curb Stomp will be like the punt kick of Ortons. Used rarely but effective when he does. The idea it keeps wrestlers out of action but then uses it every match does not make sense.

However anyone who believes it has been banned is simply gullible to news 'reporters' who simply use click bait. If the move has been banned why is the flying butt reinstated? The superkick not banned and think about this why replace it with a DDT which as dangerous, if not more, than the Curb Stomp. (Which is actually very safe).
    vampirek wrote: »

WWE-logic provides explanation for the second paragraph.
    And on the punt - it hasn't been used in absolute years (and only recently has been hinted at being used again) so if the Curb Stomp is going to become like it we won't see it ever again.
    FMKK wrote: »
    Haven't seen any of Raw yet and I'm really not feeling interest in WWE remotely right now, as seen by my lack of posting recently. I did see the end of the Rollins match on YouTube and that DDT finisher thing was shit. Of there curb stomp is gone, then WWE are bigger idiots than even I imagined. Way to undermine the guy.

Fans already have done a good job at that to be fair.

And from what was posted the Curb Stomp banning seems related to the concussion lawsuits. A shame - but for a finisher done at short notice the DDT move looked pretty good I thought. I've seen far worse.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    curb stomp banned? really? if true thats pathetic from wwe. no doubt the corperate members on here will agree with it but thats ridiculous.

i could understand a name change as its named after a race hate movie but banning the actual move? ridiculouis. hope its not true

fmkk-i also took raw off series link this week, its too boring. will catch the 2 hour version on friday night me thinks
  • dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    goodol ls wrote: »
    Didn't they ban Jake The Snakes DDT once?

No. They did a storyline over Honky and Jimmy holding signs saying Ban the DDT but it wasent ever banned.
  • JEStansfieldJEStansfield Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    RAW was okay this week.....but still not good enough to make me think I've done the wrong thing cancelling Sky Sports.

Highlight was Lucha Dragons vs New Day which I thought was a really good match. Kofi Kingston looked like he had a fire under him he's been missing for some time and I loved Xavier Woods expression when he was holding Sin Cara from under the ring.

The other stand out this week was the interaction between Kane, Seth Rollins and Triple H. Kane seems interesting in this role for the first time since he split from Daniel Bryan. The downside here was that Randy Orton came off as an afterthought, his conflict with Rollins secondary. Plus the RKO stuff was a bit dull.

On the subject of that match at Extreme Rules, has someone put the cage on a hot wash and shrunk it? It looked tiny!

The rest of RAW was largely disappointing again. The skirmish between Dean Ambrose and Luke Harper looked pathetic. Cena's squashed with a chain face was unintentionally hilarious. Rollins and Ziggler's main event wasn't anywhere near as good as some of the matches they've had.

I expect Extreme Rules will turn out to be a decent show. PPV is where the effort is made by WWE these days. This week's RAW once again underscored that the weekly shows feel like a necessary evil for them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    other than mania what makes you think wwe put effort into their ppvs?

rumble and fastlane were average.
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    other than mania what makes you think wwe put effort into their ppvs?

rumble and fastlane were average.

Fastlane had its moments. I did enjoy Daniel Bryan vs Roman Reigns, even if nobody else did.

The Rumble had its problems but the triple threat match was pretty exciting between Rollins and Lesner.

Admittedly, TLC was rubbish but Survivor Series was a surprisingly excellent show, much like Mania.

I suppose that when I watch a ppv, I rarely feel like I've completely wasted three hours of my time, which is the way I feel increasingly after RAW.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it sounds to me like 1 match is enough for you to enjoy 3 hours

not everyone marks ppvs by those standards
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    it sounds to me like 1 match is enough for you to enjoy 3 hours

not everyone marks ppvs by those standards

Fair enough. I just know how I feel after watching a ppv and how I feel after watching RAW are different. Everyone's different.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ppvs are easier to book because its match after match

tv shows require variety and creativity and wwe has lacked those attributes since late 99
  • wowboywowboy Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really want Naomi to win the title Sunday but I know nikki will retain :(.

I think the championship matches are rather predictable. It's actually a stacked card for extreme rules.

Shame about Bryan hopefully he doesn't have to vacate his second title in 12 months. I thought he had successful surgery.
  • VieirinhaVieirinha Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Just a quick question has anyone heard more about the Bryan injury an why they pulled him from the Euro tour?
This discussion has been closed.