Options

Rebel Heart is £5 in HMV and Tesco

SpaceCakeSpaceCake Posts: 297
Forum Member
Rebel Heart is only £5 in HMV and Tesco. I’m a big Madonna fan, and I find this embarrassing. The album was only released two months ago! I remember HMV reduced MDNA only weeks after it was released in 2012 so I guess Rebel Heart might have a shot are reaching gold in the U.K. now. iTunes is selling it for £5.99. I love the album, but the era as a whole has been a mess.

Living for Love didn’t reach the top 20 (#26) despite a performance at The Brit Awards and big headlines in the days following the ceremony. Now Ghosttown has bombed (not that it was going to become a big hit, but a showing on the top 40 would have been nice) despite strong reviews and support from Radio 2. I can't believe some people think BIM is going to save this era. I don't think so. That song will do nothing in the U.K. or the U.S. I would love Madonna top hit the top 10 again, but it's so much harder for artists, especially women, her age.

And what happened to Madonna’s ever-changing image? I feel that her look and style since 2008 has all blurred into one. She always had a specific look during each album campaign. Has she run out of ideas? I always got excited about what look she would incorporate into her work next, but her style since 2008 has been incredibly bland.

Comments

• Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear. I still like the album though.
  • Options
    HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    It all went wrong after they released 9 instant grat singles on iTunes.

Once the fans pre-ordered the album and basically got half the album within 3 weeks, there was no going back.

I know the album leaked hence the decision to release the instant grats ASAP. However, anyone who wanted to download Ghosttown would've already got the single when they either pre-ordered the album or downloaded it in December.

If Living For Love was going to be the lead single all along, they should've released that as a single on iTunes then made all the other songs instant grats instead.

It's just another example of people working for a record company who haven't got a clue about releasing strategies.