Options

Should they scrap evictions?

Menime123Menime123 Posts: 1,838
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I know it'll never happen, but I can't help but wonder what it would be like if evictions were scrapped and everyone managed to get to the end?

When Adjoa left I have to admit I wasn't ready for her - or either of the other 2 - to leave. Then of course Helen from last year would have left right at the start and ended up winning.

So I think it would be an idea, especially now as people try to act nice for as long as possible...

Comments

• Options
    gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When someone is evicted the dynamics in the house change, if they were all there the whole time it would become boring, they'd all just make little groups and hang around with their friends.
  • Options
    Menime123Menime123 Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gcmac wrote: »
    When someone is evicted the dynamics in the house change, if they were all there the whole time it would become boring, they'd all just make little groups and hang around with their friends.

Well it would just force BB to be more creative to divide them! In fairness I don't think dynamics change until halfway through because of evictions.
  • Options
    gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Menime123 wrote: »
    Well it would just force BB to be more creative to divide them! In fairness I don't think dynamics change until halfway through because of evictions.

It depends on who has been evicted, and if there is a housemate the public really wants out at least with evictions there's still hope they can be voted out if nominated, but without evictions we'd be definitely stuck with them for the whole series.
  • Options
    PiperRoXPiperRoX Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have said it before and I'll say it again - for just one year the UK Big Brother should adopt the BB USA/Canada game rules, just to see how it goes. I think that the British public would lap it right up!!
  • Options
    benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    evictions are the best part for me, so absolutely not :o
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    gcmac wrote: »
    It depends on who has been evicted, and if there is a housemate the public really wants out at least with evictions there's still hope they can be voted out if nominated, but without evictions we'd be definitely stuck with them for the whole series.

Well we are lumbered with pork face till the end
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eviction nights pull in the best viewing figures, though not by so much these days.
  • Options
    Karen_AnnaninaKaren_Annanina Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They could think of other, creative ways to get rid of housemates. Failure in tasks would be a great one. And a more vigorous policing of rule breaking.
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They shouldn't scrap them but it should always be two full weeks before the first eviction, like in the early years. In fact, I would prefer two full weeks, then they nominate and then the first eviction is at the end of week three.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    They could think of other, creative ways to get rid of housemates. Failure in tasks would be a great one. And a more vigorous policing of rule breaking.

Then BB could tailor the tasks to get rid of who they want.

Like a spelling canoe task.
  • Options
    iwholdeniwholden Posts: 1,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they should scrap the not being allowed to talk about nominations, we would see more alliances - my favorite part of BB America & Canada.
  • Options
    SneakyBooSneakyBoo Posts: 7,850
    Forum Member
    They shouldn't scrap them but it should always be two full weeks before the first eviction, like in the early years. In fact, I would prefer two full weeks, then they nominate and then the first eviction is at the end of week three.

I prefer it that way too but for the first eviction I would simply have the entire house up with no nominations taking place, they shouldn't be notified till the Friday of the eviction of what is about to happen... they just get a couple of hours for everyone to pack and get ready.
    Also if it is three weeks in they should have a double eviction on a vote to save that way they get rid of the minor ones with no fan base who sail through to the end usually. after that eviction they can nominate as normal and I really think that all evictions should be votes to save rather than evict.