Username Silliness (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Aww, that's so nice of you to say. Thank you :blush:

:D:D:D I note said nutter has now been committed to the inactive asylum

Planets can take her tape off now. I need to borrow it ..... :blush:

Yes. I was sad :cry::cry: Every forum needs its share of odd bods. :)
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. I was sad :cry::cry: Every forum needs its share of odd bods. :)

DS has more than its fair share :o

*Waves*
  • Options
    tk096tk096 Posts: 5,829
    Forum Member
    Oh planets what are they doing to you? Good job I have the spare key for the cupboard. Run now xx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope my flea's haven't eaten her :o

How are you doing tk? xxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I hope my flea's haven't eaten her :o

How are you doing tk? xxx

All done and dusted, thanks Moose. Mother tk went out to Let Me Call You Sweetheart, which was their song, after all the bells and smells of the church. I'm staying a couple of days with fab sister and helping her sort things out. Back soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tk096 wrote: »
    All done and dusted, thanks Moose. Mother tk went out to Let Me Call You Sweetheart, which was their song, after all the bells and smells of the church. I'm staying a couple of days with fab sister and helping her sort things out. Back soon.

Fitting and meaningful :) You take care of you xxxx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member

Hi tk :). Glad it went well and what a lovely song too now they can dance forever :).

Ahh Planets is free .. I forgot you had the spare .. nicely done :D.

Hope everyone else is ok. The BB forum is very slow but then the show is just barely ticking along imo. I think it might be another BB4 with a few arguements here and there as they keep saying .. 'It's a game' and 'They're doing this to us' .. blah blah. However I will keep watching for now and see if it picks up ... I'm hoping it does.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's not a lot to get your teeth stuck in to over there at the minute. Though it went from one extreme to the other after last nights eviction furore. I shall give it a wide berth for a few years till it all dies down ..... :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi lovely peeps. *waves wildly*

Tuned into BB today. Well it was a dull bank holiday weekend and nobody had had the foresight to schedule The Great Escape or The Sound of Music, so I wasn't spoiled for choice.

I mustn't judge on one episode but.... *judgement warning*

Is the series strap line, by any chance - Style over Substance? They struck me as a very dull bunch of HMs. They seem to have been chosen entirely for their looks. Otherwise they seemed self obsessed and vacuous. There was nearly an interesting conversation about whether being 50 would necessitate more sleep. Had the complainant had some social skills it might have been interesting, but she seemed to be just having a pick for no purpose other than having a pick.
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    Oh planets what are they doing to you? Good job I have the spare key for the cupboard. Run now xx

*crawls blinking out into the light, covered in moose poo and flea bites - jumps at a noise from another thread - eyes wide like a feral possum, tries to speak but the voice is croaky*

bless you tk....*limps out of thread*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Planets if you are up to it I have a TV recommendation for you. For you particularly because I think you are interested in the Tudor period of history.

Last night I watched something I think was called 12 days of the Armada. It was a docudrama which initially put me off. I prefer my history served straight as a rule. Also I am not usually very interested in battles. But on this occasion the dramatic bit had me on the edge of my seat wanting to know what happened next ( even though I know exactly what happens next). I can't say I am wild about Anita Dobson as Queen Bess - it was a bit Angie Watts in a red wig for my liking but other wise fascinating.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I made This for you all, but I'm afraid there was a little mishap en route as I tripped and the whole bloomin' thing fell in my mouth. Would you Adam & Eve it :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Planets if you are up to it I have a TV recommendation for you. For you particularly because I think you are interested in the Tudor period of history.

Last night I watched something I think was called 12 days of the Armada. It was a docudrama which initially put me off. I prefer my history served straight as a rule. Also I am not usually very interested in battles. But on this occasion the dramatic bit had me on the edge of my seat wanting to know what happened next ( even though I know exactly what happens next). I can't say I am wild about Anita Dobson as Queen Bess - it was a bit Angie Watts in a red wig for my liking but other wise fascinating.

i was totally hooked and on my way to iplayer until the line: "I can't say I am wild about Anita Dobson as Queen Bess" :o at which point it was a struggle not to gouge my eyes out with spoons in case i accidentally saw that....:cry::cry::cry:
    I made This for you all, but I'm afraid there was a little mishap en route as I tripped and the whole bloomin' thing fell in my mouth. Would you Adam & Eve it :o

awh what a lovely gesture....what an unfortunate incident...the whole cake? and all the little ones? cakes seem a bit doomed round these parts.....:confused::confused::cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes sadly it seems you can take the actress out of the East end pub but you can't take the East end pub out of all other feisty female roles. Perhaps her thinking is that Queen Elizabeth was born in Greenwich. Greenwich is east of London - ergo.....

But don't let that put you off. The QE character and indeed the King Phillip of Spain character only feature as cut-aways - sort of meanwhile back at the palace. The main event is the sea battle strategy and is based on recently uncovered letters between the Commander of the Armada and his No 2. Its the old case of lions led by donkeys it seems. Both fleets were commanded by someone chosen for his pedigree rather than his expertise at sea. In each case the number 2 was an old sea dog who knows what is going wrong but hasn't the authority to stop it.

And the rest as they say is history...

Angie Watt's speech at Tilbury aside (and that will be excruciating) its still worth watching if Ep. 1 is anything to go by. Drake has just defied duty to go on a little private wrecking trip. Pirate to his finger tips, the temptation of a sunken Spanish Galleon is just too much for him to ignore. Bless. :D

We need to get that Moose fitted with a pair of panniers so these accidents don't happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i know i have the body of an alcoholic eastend barmaid but i have the heart and stomach of....a sheep (she's making haggis later....)

the letters sound fascinating though so i may give it a go later....i love old letters and diaries in the context of historical documents....

ps unless you're planning on tying the panniers around mooses's mouth i don't think they'll help stop her eating all the cake :kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    planets wrote: »
    i know i have the body of an alcoholic eastend barmaid but i have the heart and stomach of....a sheep (she's making haggis later....)

the letters sound fascinating though so i may give it a go later....i love old letters and diaries in the context of historical documents....

ps unless you're planning on tying the panniers around mooses's mouth i don't think they'll help stop her eating all the cake :kitty:

:D:D

Nosebag? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :D:D

Nosebag? :D

filled with salad?:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Afternoon all :).

An you gave in and had a peek at BB but as you discovered they are not the greatest bunch. In the rock the house twist :o they are now chucking four out and shoving four newbies in, and the hms don't know they are up.

I can't see it improving as newbies are rarely welcomed or treated as hms so they will no doubt be up every week. Still new peeps too analyse and see how they find their place I suppose :).

Tk hope you are doing ok :).

My grandson is now calling me darling :D. He is going through the repeat/mimic phase. When I ring my daughter and she replies 'Hello Mother' he's in the background repeating her. He wanted to play with the garden hose at the weekend and accidently .. really on purpose .. got me, I said 'Be careful darling' he then says ' Sorry darling' :D. Cheeky monkey :).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Evening all! Back home and settling in, made a massive batch of scones so here's a bagful, with extra butter.

Moose, your spare key and a few bottles. Thank you, it was a great help (tho' please try and remember when you lock someone in).

Watched telly last night for the first time - think it was a waste of time trying to get to know anyone! Still tonight might be interesting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    *waves to everyone*oooooo scones yum....
    I thought i ought to pop in seeing as it's National Biscuit Day......*leaves shortbreads and chocolate hobnobs*......
    thanks for letting me out tk i'm almost recovered ....
    hi cazzie i still haven't given in and haven't seen any of this BB yet.....there's still time for me to crumble!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all! Back home and settling in, made a massive batch of scones so here's a bagful, with extra butter.

Moose, your spare key and a few bottles. Thank you, it was a great help (tho' please try and remember when you lock someone in).

Watched telly last night for the first time - think it was a waste of time trying to get to know anyone! Still tonight might be interesting.

Empty bottles? What am I supposed to do with them? >:( Oh ... actually .... I'll take them back to BB with me. People are getting quite out of control :o A quick bonk over their heads will sort it.

Good to see you back tk. Hope you're diddling as well as can be xx
    Can I have whipped cream and jam with my scones please?

I did make rock cakes yesterday but you won't bloody believe what happened ... again :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi TK. Lovely to have you back. Hope you are holding up. And how kind of you to bake for us. I see it didn't take Moose long to sniff them out. We don't see her for days and the first whiff of freshly baked treats and she is scampering over from BB. :p:)

I am not watching this one either Planets. I will tune in for CBB but the civilian one is too much commitment. I did have a peek and nothing tempted me to watch more. However I have to say the TV schedules are rubbish right now, so the Achillies heel may be having nothing else to watch
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cazziekay wrote: »
    Afternoon all :).

An you gave in and had a peek at BB but as you discovered they are not the greatest bunch. In the rock the house twist :o they are now chucking four out and shoving four newbies in, and the hms don't know they are up.

I can't see it improving as newbies are rarely welcomed or treated as hms so they will no doubt be up every week. Still new peeps too analyse and see how they find their place I suppose :).

Tk hope you are doing ok :).

My grandson is now calling me darling :D. He is going through the repeat/mimic phase. When I ring my daughter and she replies 'Hello Mother' he's in the background repeating her. He wanted to play with the garden hose at the weekend and accidently .. really on purpose .. got me, I said 'Be careful darling' he then says ' Sorry darling' :D. Cheeky monkey :).

Sorry Cazzie. I missed you there .

'allo darlin' * leers lasciviously*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi TK. Lovely to have you back. Hope you are holding up. And how kind of you to bake for us. I see it didn't take Moose long to sniff them out. We don't see her for days and the first whiff of freshly baked treats and she is scampering over from BB. :p:)

I'm fighting a bloody battle over there, in memory of all you deserters, might I add - one needs sustenance. And drink. Lots of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm fighting a bloody battle over there, in memory of all you deserters, might I add - one needs sustenance. And drink. Lots of it.

What's the fight about? if it touches on a general theme rather than one of those where "you can tell she was thinking this" or one of those other mind reading fights I can perhaps join in.

Actually I have ventured onto the BB board although I have only opened a couple of threads. But reading the poster's names ( well some of them) does tempt me to watch just so I can join in.
This discussion has been closed.