1235»

Comments

• Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    francie wrote: »
    Perhaps I've got up too early but... :confused:

Lol, nope. Someone is actually saying "this man is dating an adult, so obviously he would sleep with an underage girl". It's odd to say the least and pretty twisted.
  • Options
    JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The motivation is exhibitionism just like with a flasher, and both are rightly sex crimes. You aren't allowed to involve others in your fetishes without their consent and you definitely can't involve children and try and make them voyeurs as these two did.

If they were bothered about not having sex in front if kids they would have stopped when they realised they were around so I think that must have been part of the thrill for them.

In my opinion, the activity this couple were involved in has little if anything to do with exhibitionism, they were probably just responding to their carnal desires with the added thrill from the risk doing it in public. You claim that they tried to make children voyeurs when there is no evidence of this, all there is to go on is a video filmed by another adult on that beach and I can see no one else nearby, maybe they didn't realise that anyone had sussed what they were doing. Maybe they were so caught up in the rapture of love/lust that they were oblivious to their surroundings, who knows?

Public sex is fairly common, there are thousands of voyeur videos on the internet depicting people engaged in this. Also remember having a discussion with colleagues where one of them admitted to doing this and I wouldn't describe her as being a sex offender in a million years. The mistake this couple made is that they were not suitably discreet, but it's not a sexually deviant behaviour and that's why I think it's ridiculous to put this in the same category as flashing.
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion, the activity this couple were involved in has little if anything to do with exhibitionism, they were probably just responding to their carnal desires with the added thrill from the risk doing it in public.
    That is exhibitionism. The desire performing sex in public.
    You claim that they tried to make children voyeurs when there is no evidence of this, all there is to go on is a video filmed by another adult on that beach and I can see no one else nearby, maybe they didn't realise that anyone had sussed what they were doing.

You mean the grandmother who was walking with her grandchild on the beach and filmed it and who testified at trial....

"(The child) wanted me to explain what they were doing" testified April Champ.... "I redirected her and we looked at seashells."
  • Options
    AnnieBakerAnnieBaker Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The USA is scary sometimes. One year in jail would probably be more than enough to stop the couple and anyone else in the state from doing this again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is exhibitionism. The desire performing sex in public.

This is the definition of exhibitionism:
    a perversion in which sexual gratification is obtained from the indecent exposure of one's genitals (as to a stranger) {source}

Flashing fits that definition to a tee but the activity of this couple does not. If they put their towels down right next to a family and started going at it doggy style with gay abandon then it would be exhibitionism.
    You mean the grandmother who was walking with her grandchild on the beach and filmed it and who testified at trial....

"(The child) wanted me to explain what they were doing" testified April Champ.... "I redirected her and we looked at seashells."

I accept that the child saw it, but there is no evidence that the couple deliberately engineered the situation to make sure the child saw it, as you originally suggested.
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I accept that the child saw it, but there is no evidence that the couple deliberately engineered the situation to make sure the child saw it, as you originally suggested.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/may/01/florida-grandmother-couple-sex-beach
    April Champ’s daughter, Emily Hall, had been away from the beach making sandwiches during the incident, the court heard. When Hall returned, her mother and grandmother pointed out the couple’s alleged indiscretions, prompting Hall to approach Alvarez and Caballero and ask them to stop.

“[Caballero] seemed angry based on his body language,” April Champ said. She told the court that Hall’s intervention did successfully blunt the couple’s alleged caressing, but a couple of hours later they began acting amorously again.

“They were touching each other and kissing, so with that I just took the kids and walked to the pier,” Champ said.

Does that sound like they want to avoid witnesses and mind minors around?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/may/01/florida-grandmother-couple-sex-beach

Does that sound like they want to avoid witnesses and mind minors around?

After being told to stop, they should have realised that the game was up and either stop or move on. From the sound of it, they didn't really care if they were being watched, but there's a big difference between that and wanting people to watch for sexual kicks.
  • Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the definition of exhibitionism:

Flashing fits that definition to a tee but the activity of this couple does not. If they put their towels down right next to a family and started going at it doggy style with gay abandon then it would be exhibitionism.

They didn't care who saw, the more the meŕrier - that's the buzz they were getting. Unfortunately for them, no one else was thrilled.by their antics. Most people wouldn't be.
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Update

"A man convicted of having sex with his girlfriend on a Florida beach in front of children was sentenced to two and a half years in prison Monday.

Jose Caballero, 40, and Elissa Alvarez, 21, were found guilty in May of two counts of lewd and lascivious behavior in a case that drew international attention for the couple's crude act.

The amorous pair were videotaped having intercourse on a Manatee County beach last summer in broad daylight. Witnesses testified that a 3-year-old girl saw them."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3151497/Florida-man-40-sentenced-two-half-years-prison-having-sex-public-beach-children.html#ixzz3f9bzmIwM
  • Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After being told to stop, they should have realised that the game was up and either stop or move on. From the sound of it, they didn't really care if they were being watched, but there's a big difference between that and wanting people to watch for sexual kicks.

on a public beach
    children around
    asked to stop so no doubt they knew that children were present
    continued in spite of that knowledge
    adults who put on a display for children sre seriously twisted
  • Options
    TeganRhanTeganRhan Posts: 2,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    America is known for their insane sentencing. Like 140 years with out parol, I mean really?!
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,531
    Forum Member
    TeganRhan wrote: »
    America is known for their insane sentencing. Like 140 years with out parol, I mean really?!

It's not insane sentencing. Engaging in sexual activity in the presence of a child carries a maximum prison sentence of 10 years in England. Quite right, too, this couple are seriously sick, it could have been much worse for them, there or here!

I'm not sure about the difference in sentences though for him and her, he had previous criminal convictions but for cocaine offences, and I don't know how English law would handle that.
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »
    Well... Florida.

The seemingly ENDLESS rattle of ****ed up stories that come from FL. What's that all about?

Private/nudist beach yes. Not humping away in public, gross. I would do 'em for indecency rather than legit sex offenders.
  • Options
    tenofspadestenofspades Posts: 12,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lesson for them to be more discreet in future. Correct ruling.
  • Options
    nancy1975nancy1975 Posts: 19,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The seemingly ENDLESS rattle of ****ed up stories that come from FL. What's that all about?

Private/nudist beach yes. Not humping away in public, gross. I would do 'em for indecency rather than legit sex offenders.

If you are inferring that sex is acceptable on a naturist beach (and they are also public beaches, not private, whatever that means,) then you are completely wrong. The same standards of behaviour is expected on them as those on textile beaches.
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It is bizarre the amount of incest, sex offences and bizarre cases from Florida is unreal.
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nancy1975 wrote: »
    If you are inferring that sex is acceptable on a naturist beach (and they are also public beaches, not private, whatever that means,) then you are completely wrong. The same standards of behaviour is expected on them as those on textile beaches.

I wasn't saying that as such, just that would be more acceptable in my eye. A bit of amorous foreplay on a nuddy beach wouldn't shock or alarm me at all.
    It is bizarre the amount of incest, sex offences and bizarre cases from Florida is unreal.

The weirdness/violence/cruelty runs through all the stories. It's totally bizarre.
  • Options
    El GuapoEl Guapo Posts: 4,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is still indecent exposure they were carrying out an act which was extremely inappropriate for young children to see.

Would any normal parent be happy for their child to see a couple sh@gging away in front of them?

If it was in a busy restaurant I doubt they would even notice over the noise! :D
  • Options
    nancy1975nancy1975 Posts: 19,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasn't saying that as such, just that would be more acceptable in my eye. A bit of amorous foreplay on a nuddy beach wouldn't shock or alarm me at all.

I would take it amiss on the naturist beaches I have visited abroad, which are very much family beaches. The families there wouldn't take kindly to any amorous behaviour.