Doctor Who 21st may

I know this is a bit early, but I think that this is going to be a quite major one. This is one which they are throwing a large budget at but doesnt have a classic enemy aka the daleks. So I think that although the plotdoesnt seem to be anything special, this episode will be. Also im new, please tell me how to request a poll. :)

What did you think to the show? 666 votes

Very poor
2% 14 votes
Poor
1% 10 votes
Fair
3% 23 votes
Good
9% 62 votes
Very Good
23% 156 votes
Excellent
60% 401 votes

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lovely mod Beth will post in this thread. She puts the polls on. FMs cannot do it for themselves.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah this epidsode is meant to be the scarest one yet. Also the BBC had to cut a scene of a head cracking as it wasnt suitable for children. I cant wait to see it although its at 6:30 to make way for the Eurovision contest which will be a laugh. Seeing every countery vote for each other and us getting 0.
  • Bigus_DikusBigus_Dikus Posts: 9,882
    Forum Member
    A bit early? :eek:

Quick! start the thread for the final episode now or maybe start up a thread for Big Brother 7.

:rolleyes:

This is getting silly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 288
    Forum Member

Quick! start the thread for the final episode now or maybe start up a thread for Big Brother 7.

This is getting silly.

I agree it is getting silly, have to start my doctor who season 4 thread.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Euan wrote:
    Ah this epidsode is meant to be the scarest one yet. Also the BBC had to cut a scene of a head cracking as it wasnt suitable for children.

Nope, they modified the sound effect, the scene is still intact.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cifpower wrote:
    The lovely mod Beth will post in this thread. She puts the polls on. FMs cannot do it for themselves.

Thanks, but I knew that we cant make them, I was just wondering if we can REQUEST them, I have heard some people say they have done this on other forums and I just wondered how you can REQUEST them. :)

EDIT: also are they going to repeat it after 9pm so I can see the unedited version. Or will I have to wait for the DVD?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $kyhater wrote:
    Thanks, but I knew that we cant make them, I was just wondering if we can REQUEST them, I have heard some people say they have done this on other forums and I just wondered how you can REQUEST them. :)

When Beth posts tomorrow afternoon, use the Alert button on her post.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This is getting silly.

Quite! I can understannd and appreciate the enthusiasm but the thread for the next episode seem to start earlier and earlier and people are not clear where and when to start posting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite! I can understannd and appreciate the enthusiasm but the thread for the next episode seem to start earlier and earlier and people are not clear where and when to start posting.

When I saw this thread I was tempted to start one for the 28/5/05 episode...
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shall I request a poll to vote for who should be the eleventh Doctor? I would like to state that Stephanie Cole and Dylan Moran should be on the list. Any other nominees are at Beth's own discretion!

;)

Sorry. Am a BIG DW fan, but feel it's a bit previous to start this thread ...

chuff.x.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shall I request a poll to vote for who should be the eleventh Doctor? I would like to state that Stephanie Cole and Dylan Moran should be on the list. Any other nominees are at Beth's own discretion!

;)

Sorry. Am a BIG DW fan, but feel it's a bit previous to start this thread ...

chuff.x.

It doesn't do us any favours with the moderators who we are pleading with to give us our own separate forum if people keep starting off threads too early or ones that can be easily discussed in the existing one.
  • JohnFlawbodJohnFlawbod Posts: 4,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all...re: the start time of threads, given the weight of posts last week and the obvious interest, surely 24 hours of speculation isn't exactly uncalled for in the lead up to "The Empty Child" unless threads aren't allowed until after the event in which case last week's was early anyway. I'm not sure people will have trouble knowing where to post given the date and given the cleverly controlled (to date) drip-feed of info on forthcoming episodes a bit of slack is called for time wise (no pun intended) isn't it?...hey ho, just thought I'd stick me oar in...I like what you've done to the place $kyhater, plenty of space :)

...personally, I'm sticking with the notion that
    since CJ is in for the rest of the series
    and all remaining episodes are written by RTD then this is where the countdown to Black Wolf and regeneration starts
    which is kind of backed up by the news that CJ is an "adversary" rather than a companion.
    Also, the silver destruction...Van Statten did have a cyberman head in his collection presumably retrieved from the "Earthshock" crash site at some point....? :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shall I request a poll to vote for who should be the eleventh Doctor?

Now how do you do that? I know that you can press the alert button. But what happens If you want a poll on a site where no moderator has posted?. Thanks in advance. :)

Edit: thanks to JohnFlawbod for backing me up and not having a go at me. :):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, the silver destruction...Van Statten did have a cyberman head in his collection presumably retrieved from the "Earthshock" crash site at some point....? :eek:

Weren't the Cybermen also in the sewers under London?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Szlater wrote:
    Weren't the Cybermen also in the sewers under London?
    They were but I've got it in my head that there's a crater somewhere that is supposed to be the impact of the meteor that precipitated the end of the dinosaurs...North America I thought but I could of course simply be having a flash back to Glastonbury 1997 :cool: :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,690
    Forum Member
    $kyhater wrote:
    Now how do you do that? I know that you can press the alert button. But what happens If you want a poll on a site where no moderator has posted?. Thanks in advance. :)

This thread is ridiculously early $kyhater. It's fine to post it before the episode airs, but a couple of hours before is all that's needed.

There is a perfectly good thread open from Saturday's episode just gone, and we are still responding to and posting new theories in there. To open up a new thread so early will only serve to confuse people.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    $kyhater wrote:

s'okay mate, multi-tasking comes as standard on this model even if it is around the age of an old type 40 ;) :eek:
  • kw4121kw4121 Posts: 3,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hi there in responce to the thought that this is buid up to the end of dr who isnt that a bit obvious as there are only a few eps left as for the final ep and "possible rgeneration"

i dont know how much truth there is in this but a friend of mine knows someone in the production department of bbc wales and they said the doctor isnt who he seems to be re the "bad wolf refrences" he told me that chris eccleston is the master in discuise and that david tennant is locked in the the tadris somewhere and rose finds out and saves him which lets christophers master get away[/QUOTE]

now how mutch is realy i cant say but it sounds rtd like as the regeneration is very boring and new audiances might not think it cool enough ???? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kw4121 wrote:
    hi there in responce to the thought that this is buid up to the end of dr who isnt that a bit obvious as there are only a few eps left as for the final ep and "possible rgeneration"

i dont know how much truth there is in this but a friend of mine knows someone in the production department of bbc wales and they said the doctor isnt who he seems to be re the "bad wolf refrences" he told me that chris eccleston is the master in discuise and that david tennant is locked in the the tadris somewhere and rose finds out and saves him which lets christophers master get away

now how mutch is realy i cant say but it sounds rtd like as the regeneration is very boring and new audiances might not think it cool enough ???? :)[/QUOTE]

Oddly enough I broached that as an idea out of the blue on the May 14th thread earlier in the week
    without the Master connection
    but dismissed it myself because I thought it would alienate new viewers too much...the plot is indeed thickening...nice one kw...
    Forum Member
    kw4121 wrote:
    i dont know how much truth there is in this but a friend of mine knows someone in the production department of bbc wales and they said the doctor isnt who he seems to be re the "bad wolf refrences" he told me that chris eccleston is the master in discuise and that david tennant is locked in the the tadris somewhere and rose finds out and saves him which lets christophers master get away

Sounds like utter tripe to me. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, doesn't sound plausible at all. Especially when you consider The Doctor sacrificed himself in the last episode.

You know who wouldn't have.

And RTD has said that he wanted to do a regeneration, just not at the beginning of the first series.
    Forum Member
    Szlater wrote:
    Nah, doesn't sound plausible at all. Especially when you consider The Doctor sacrificed himself in the last episode.

You know who wouldn't have.

And RTD has said that he wanted to do a regeneration, just not at the beginning of the first series.
    Indeed.

The regeneration is a very big thing in DW - and we have been promised the full experience.

There's no way that a series as cleverly constructed and well made as this would resort to such cheap, cheesy and downright shoddy writing.

0/10 - must try better :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DenWatts wrote:
    Indeed.

The regeneration is a very big thing in DW - and we have been promised the full experience.

There's no way that a series as cleverly constructed and well made as this would resort to such cheap, cheesy and downright shoddy writing.

0/10 - must try better :D
    lol, you've changed your tune Den - it was "an interesting idea" on Thursday you reckoned...but anyway, returning to "The Empty Child"...if John Barrowman's interview did indeed say
    Captain Jack was an adversary
    (I didn't see it but that's what's been posted) then presumably The Doctor and Rose either interrupt or spoil his plans in some way by showing up?
  • JonathanExJonathanEx Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've also noted this episode is only 40 minutes long. Ok, so it's only 5 minutes shorter than normal... but, still an interesting note.
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JonathanEx wrote:
    I've also noted this episode is only 40 minutes long. Ok, so it's only 5 minutes shorter than normal... but, still an interesting note.

The 'gang' from last week's thread are all hoping that, as it's a two parter, there's no "Next Week" bit at the end...

K