Options

Stacking comic boxes

zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
Forum Member
✭✭
re: those sturdy 18" x 12" x 8" boxes - is there a recommended limit to the number stacked on top of each other (if each box is full)

Comments

• Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I try not to go higher than 3 in a stack of long boxes but short boxes can be stacked higher - off the top of my head it sounds like you have short boxes. There are supports you can buy, though.
    Do a google and you'll find more obscure advice on hardcore collector's forum sites ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yup it's the short boxes. The long ones ARE cheaper going on a £/size basis but for transporting purposes (ie. moving) I would feel much MUCH more secure about carrying 2xsmallies than 1xfull biggie which would definitely split down the middle and empty get onto £1000 worth of material on the floor.
    Saw those supports and while they'd make things more secure and allow stacking with ease and allow getting to the bottoms ones a dream, the cost puts them in the not4me bracket.
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    ...which would definitely split down the middle...

Nah, they don't. Most of my boxes are long boxes and they've never split but, admittedly, they are more of a pain to manoeuvre. I can handle them on my own but the shorties are much easier to deal with.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember why I prefer shorties - during the last move, while I would struggle to carry a single one any further than the 3m from where it is stacked to the floor to easy rummagethruing, the mover-guys were able to carry them up the stairs in 3s.. yup 3 at a time. And I don't think the longies should be carried in 2s, oh deary no.

As for those supports, while they would make stacking more secure, and removing the bottom ones a peesapeees, their cost puts them into the idontthinkso bracket.