Comments

• Options
    ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    Showdance yes. AS no.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    Not sure if someone has said this as I haven't read the entire thread, but I think Aliona is the one who has offended the judges. I am sure she's p*ssed Len off big time, last week with that flipping (which I don't mind) and this week she might just put her finger literally up Len's bumhole!:rolleyes:
    I'm sorry if this is reapeating any other comments but last weeks flipping didn't offend anyone other than Len, and on that point Kara turns somersaults or cartwheels almost every week whatever the dance
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trouble is, I thought he did really well with the dance, but unlike Pamela's dance I wouldn't want to watch it again. I guess that's where the problem lies.
  • Options
    warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    They are prob sick of his poor me act and his always moaning about not getting a 10 until last week.

i'm obviously watching a different show.
  • Options
    bloggingbellebloggingbelle Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What really got up my nose were Alesha's comments about the tension showing in Matt's face and his smile seeming forced/false - what the heck had any of that got to do with the dance and Matt's face was nothing compared to Scot's bewilderment. Personal comments from the judges do not help.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    barbieblue wrote: »
    I'm sorry if this is reapeating any other comments but last weeks flipping didn't offend anyone other than Len, and on that point Kara turns somersaults or cartwheels almost every week whatever the dance

But as Craig said in the week they are allowed an entrance and exit sequence into the dance. So just because Len doesn't like all the "faffing" around he shouldn't keep harping on about it and marking people down because of it.

Personally I'm not that keen on the entrance/exit faffing myself and prefer to see 90 seconds of dancing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    peely wrote: »
    Trouble is, I thought he did really well with the dance, but unlike Pamela's dance I wouldn't want to watch it again. I guess that's where the problem lies.

Now I loved Matt's dance and would watch it many times again. For me it was the best dance of the night.

I was seriously disappointed with Pamela's dance. I thought it would be her dance but found it boring and not particularly entertaining. I think James tried too hard to better Ola & Chris and failed miserably.
    Still at least they found another use for the door prop from Scott's jive.
  • Options
    Bonnie96Bonnie96 Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    Oh I agree that Scott didn't deserve the two 9s, he messed up a lot of that routine but just because he wasn't good doesn't in my mind elevate Matt or Gavin. Matt did make mistakes, the routine itself was woeful and his execution wasn't perfect. So taken on it's own he deserved the 8s in my mind.
    I agree :)

The producers are trying to manufacture a rivalry that isn't there and while as a Scott/Natalie fan, last night was not their finest hour, it has nothing to do with Matt/Aliona's situation or Gavin/Katya's for that matter.

Craig and Len were imo just with their scores of S&N and I think Alesha and Bruno were judging on what could and should have been (which I'm grateful for but it was wrong :rolleyes: ) and M&A's scores were just about right.

I also think that Aliona is deliberately thumbing her nose at the Judges with her choreography at Matt's expense.
    She has a good dancer as her partner this year and it's gone to her head.

I feel some dances can be played around with eg Charleston (obviously ;) ) and Salsa but there are those which should be choreographed to their simple, elegant, classy and traditional best eg Foxtrot and Waltz so the dancers can show their dance expertise.
    (I think Matt would feel more comfortable with that also)
    At the end of the day, both couples stayed out of the bottom 2 and that is the right result.
  • Options
    j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    julijules wrote: »
    It didn't feel like an American Smooth to me or anyone in my household, more Rumba-ish. I'm not Matt's biggest fan admittedly, his dancing doesn't wow me the way others have done in the past and some continue to do so. Although the amount of coverage he gets week by week is starting to make me tire of him.

That's what I found odd; I didn't like his Rumba, and I don't think it particularly suited him in the first place.

I'm a bit tired of him too. Everyone keeps raving about how great he is, but I have yet to see it. He's good, but nothing special IMO. His dancing never wows me and I can never relax when he dances.
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was something very strange about the disparity of the judge's marking.
    Like you OP, I wondered myself about the judges' frostiness towards Matt.
    He danced very well, whereas Scott, who received higher scores, was nowhere near his best.

Surely an under-statement ?
    Yes, there certainly appeared to be something going on with the judges. But perhaps I shouldn't comment, I'm probably in a minority of one, I actually liked Aliona's choreography last night !..it was modern and different.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that Matt is really popular with the public vote and is threatening the Judges favourite Scott. So they are manufacturing votes for him, irrespective of how Scot performs and hoping the dumb public don't spot what they are doing.......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CASPER1066 wrote: »
    I think that Matt is really popular with the public vote and is threatening the Judges favourite Scott. So they are manufacturing votes for him, irrespective of how Scot performs and hoping the dumb public don't spot what they are doing.......
    If that is happening - and it's a big if - can you blame them? The judges want the best dancer to win and if the public aren't voting for the best dancer (which if they're voting for Matt, they're not) then the judges are going to try to ensure that the best make it to the final at least. If they were doing that I wouldn't hold it against them.
  • Options
    NooneNoone Posts: 6,048
    Forum Member
    barbieblue wrote: »

And she does them so well.;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If that is happening - and it's a big if - can you blame them? The judges want the best dancer to win and if the public aren't voting for the best dancer (which if they're voting for Matt, they're not) then the judges are going to try to ensure that the best make it to the final at least. If they were doing that I wouldn't hold it against them.

Thats not their job, they dont mark a bad dance well which they did with Scott last night. The more they do that, the more the public will fall on Matt's side as they did last year.

They should know that by now...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CASPER1066 wrote: »
    Thats not their job, they dont mark a bad dance well which they did with Scott last night. The more they do that, the more the public will fall on Matt's side as they did last year.

They should know that by now...
    Last year was different. The public would have voted for Hollins no matter what. Ricky was streets ahead of him and was marked accordingly and people still convinced themselves that it was unfair and Chris deserved to win :confused: What really got me was Chris painting himself as the underdog when he knew fine well that Ricky was the underdog with the public by a million miles. Chris Hollins was a smart cookie and played the game perfectly and won :rolleyes:

But with Scott, I don't know if this will hinder him. Like I said, overscoring only seems to hurt a celeb if they're already unpopular and from what sources we have, Scott is very popular.
  • Options
    MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh, I feel like I was watching a different show! I loved Matt's dance and was gutted on his behalf with the naff scoring. And Scott really doesn't blow me away the way he obviously does with others. Just a difference of opinion I suppose.
  • Options
    StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bonnie96 wrote: »

I also think that Aliona is deliberately thumbing her nose at the Judges with her choreography at Matt's expense.
    She has a good dancer as her partner this year and it's gone to her head.

I get that feeling too, and I really don't understand what her motive might be.
  • Options
    bloggingbellebloggingbelle Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am afraid the judges comments in the results show just reinforced the OP. Mocking and derogatory - then Alesha has the gall to say she does not want Matt to go out. The same Alesha who bandies 9's around to anyone she feels sorry for and Len was not much better, saying Patsy should take more chances bur penalising both Kara & Matt when they do.

Matt has certainly put someone's nose out of joint.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Matt or Kara were penalised last night at all :eek: They were marked according to how they performed and I fully agreed with their places on the leader board. I think that Scott was overmarked, sure but what does that have to do with Kara and Matt?

BTW, I'm a full-on Kara fanatic :)
  • Options
    Bonnie96Bonnie96 Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    I get that feeling too, and I really don't understand what her motive might be.

It's just a gut feeling really, but I think she wants to prove herself as a choreographer first and foremost and getting Matt through the competition is coming second in her list of priorities.
    Although barring a major calamity, he's pretty much on track to be a finalist so perhaps she feels she can afford to do a little bit for her own career meantime?
  • Options
    BruciesToupeBruciesToupe Posts: 857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get a bit narked with all this - 'Matt begging for 10's' rubbish. He is constantly probed by Daly and Winkletoes about it and he responds accordingly. Its not like he brings it up. To be honest if I were him, I would be starting to think what the heck is going on anyway.. He is a really strong dancer and all the judges do is pick pick pick.....and seemly overlook lifts, mistakes and all round rubbish from other weaker dancers.
  • Options
    alimyleralimyler Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    I thought the backstage footage of the judges did, with the exception of Craig, show them up to be the fools they have become. No constructive criticism, just mockery (but not of "darling Scott who was to be pitied!). They were particulary vindictive towards Matt and I can see no reason why. I think they then realised they had gone too far and backtracked a little with the "we don't want him to leave" comments.
    Also I beg to differ when the Matt voters are accused of not voting for "the best dancer". According to the Twitter blog of Erin and Camilla, Matt's dancing last night was excellent and I believe they know what they are talking about. If he is not your choice, fair enough, but it is grossly unfair to say he is not a good dancer. Kara may well be better but last night her jive was not up to her usual standard. As for Scott, well quite frankly it was (by his own admission) a mess.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,038
    Forum Member
    VWgirl wrote: »
    For my money, I don't think that Matt was underscored tonight at all. He was, however, the only contestant marked fairly. Most of the others were terribly over-marked, which made Matt's comments look very harsh in comparison for what was a rare well-danced routine tonight.

I agree with that. I mean compared to the marks Scott got (not Scotts fault) I don't think you can blame Matt or his supporters from being bewildered with his marks.

BUT saying that he was marked fairly for the dance.

Compared to what the judges gave out to others he was under marked.

I prefered Matts AS to Karas, other then the music which kinda ruined it for me. Given a better piece of music I would have liked it more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get a bit narked with all this - 'Matt begging for 10's' rubbish. He is constantly probed by Daly and Winkletoes about it and he responds accordingly. Its not like he brings it up. To be honest if I were him, I would be starting to think what the heck is going on anyway.. He is a really strong dancer and all the judges do is pick pick pick.....and seemly overlook lifts, mistakes and all round rubbish from other weaker dancers.
    Now you know what it's like to be a Kara fan :) She's been picked at since the show started and despite producing the best two dances of the whole series, hasn't received the marks for it. Matt in my opinion deserves to be picked at because he hasn't reached his potential yet whereas Kara has reached her's but still is picked at. Who knows why but I'm not too annoyed or bitter about it, what can you do?
  • Options
    GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    Alesha will mark everybody at least one point below Kara - Kara she loves like she was her best mate. Maybe she is.