5ive, 911, Liberty X, B*Witched, and Atomic kitten reuniting...911 aged well

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    They re-recorded Whole Again and reshot the video with Jenny. There are two versions.

I think Eternal Flame was the first song and video that they did with Jenny as an official member.

The one I've seen on TV had Kerry in it IIRC. There are two versions of the first album though and the one I have is the one with Jenny.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Theo_Bear wrote: »
    Used to fancy Keavy Lynch like mad back in the day. In a strange twist of fate, she now looks like Adele did 14 years ago, while Adele now looks like Keavy did 14 years ago.

Have to be honest and say Keavy looks a bit emaciated in that new photo. Adele and Lindsay still look good though.

OMG, [bSinead's 40 this year! *gulp*[/b]

Didn't she used to be blonde??

The Lynch sister who isn't in the striped shirt reminds me of a girl I knew at uni
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Whole Again was the first single they released with Jenny or was that their cover of Eternal Flame?

Kerry is on Whole again she`s in the video and all that then (i think at the same time of release is when she left?) then they edited the video to replace Kerry`s bits with Jenny.. i think the the first single with Jenny was Eternal Flame
    Forum Member
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    Kerry is on Whole again she`s in the video and all that then (i think at the same time of release is when she left?) then they edited the video to replace Kerry`s bits with Jenny.. i think the the first single with Jenny was Eternal Flame

Thanks, I had been wondering. I still have a copy of Eternal Flame on cassette :o It was the song that got me into Atomic Kitten. I was 11 at the time so I can be excused, but I didn't realise it was a cover when I first heard it.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,892
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    Didn't she used to be blonde??

The Lynch sister who isn't in the striped shirt reminds me of a girl I knew at uni

Yeah Sinead used to be blonde. :) I remember there being controversy as they knocked a few years off of her real age so that she could be a part of the group. :D
  • Theo_BearTheo_Bear Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do we all need to get practicing our cod Irish "Foight loike me dad" accents?
  • musicjukebox123musicjukebox123 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone actually think any of these acts will get back to some commercial success? I don't think anyone will ever top Take That but realistically do any of these groups have a chance?

Steps commercially are struggling in their comeback. I think if 5ive come back with their lads band attitude pop rap it would look ridiculous. They could get away with it when they were young.
    For all of them though surely they would need a more mature sound and something new. None could do the pop they used to although seem to remember Liberty X not sounding too poppy.
  • Black VelvetBlack Velvet Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be good to hear all these acts again bringing out records. There isn't much around in music that you could call tunefull and catchy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone actually think any of these acts will get back to some commercial success? I don't think anyone will ever top Take That but realistically do any of these groups have a chance?

Steps commercially are struggling in their comeback. I think if 5ive come back with their lads band attitude pop rap it would look ridiculous. They could get away with it when they were young.
    For all of them though surely they would need a more mature sound and something new. None could do the pop they used to although seem to remember Liberty X not sounding too poppy.

steps had a pretty big comeback tbh a big tour #1 album, obv with new material not so much
  • musicjukebox123musicjukebox123 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes that's what i meant to say sorry is releasing new material and touring new music.
  • rachymacrachymac Posts: 1,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5ive - first band I ever saw in concert. Loved them so much!
    911 - OMW I loved Lee so much!! He's still gorgeous :D
    B*Witched - C'est la Vie is still my anthem for nights out even now! Lol.

Sounds like I'm pretty much the target audience for this...
    Forum Member
    None could do the pop they used to although seem to remember Liberty X not sounding too poppy.

Some used to describe them as more R&B than poppy. I think out of all the 90s and 00s groups I think Liberty X would fit well into today's chart. I was obsessed with them back in the day :D
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    i think it`s an absolute JOKE Kerry just swans back in to claim the credit of the success of the band achieved (esp as when Kerry was in the line up the band were basically flops apart from Whole again which i`ll give kerry that one)
    I understand Jenny is about to give birth an unavailable at the moment but the honest and decent thing they should of done is decline the offer to do this show with out her. What a slap in the face!

Kerry left on the Sunday, Whole Again was released on the Monday, with Jenny. Kerry never performed it on TOTP as a number 1 single, I'm sure the first 3 or 4 weeks Kerry was out the band, Atomic Kitten were number 1.

Kerry was in the original video but Jenny was in the one that was on the music channels on the week of release.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the Honeyz do well out of this, Finally Found, End of the Line, Love of a Lifetime, Never Let You Down and Won't Take it Lying Down are awesome tracks.

It better be the line up with Heavenli!

I don't know anyone who remembers them that doesn't love their tracks.

Are Cleopatra no longer reuniting?
  • Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rachymac wrote: »
    5ive - first band I ever saw in concert. Loved them so much!
    911 - OMW I loved Lee so much!! He's still gorgeous :D
    B*Witched - C'est la Vie is still my anthem for nights out even now! Lol.

Sounds like I'm pretty much the target audience for this...

Group, they don't play instruments;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    A few things to note:
    - Jenny Frost is heavily pregnant (or very recently given birth), and couldn't take part. The other girls had no choice but to recruit Katona and have stated that Frost is welcome to return as soon as she is ready. Not sure if that would be in place of Katona (likely) or to build a quartet.

- Lyndsay from Bewitched is actually married to Lee from 911

- The Honeyz have ANOTHER lineup, Heavenly is there but so is her initial replacement Mariam (goodman?), the girl who didn't return is Naima, the French one who never song. This is therefore the strongest vocally and out of all the groups, their old material has aged best. Finally found is a classic and the girls may well have had a longer career had they not tried to go street.

- Mariam was of course originally in Solid HarmoniE which is why they are not in the show (and the fact that no one remembers them despite being arguably the prototype for Max Martin - BSB/Britney pop songs)

- SInead from Bewitched is of course ancient, and is well over 40 as she was in her 30's during their peak. But look at Una from the Saturdays, she's 32 now!

- Jay from 5 has shunned celebrity entirely and has tried to shut down fan sites on him. He is potentially suffering from psychological issues, but certainly regretful of his foray into pop despite the financial rewards that came.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member

Are Cleopatra no longer reuniting?
    Cleo is on the new series of the voice.

I wonder is their mother is still a pushy fame hungry showbiz mama.

Cleo also has a couple of kids for the xfactor wannabe Marlon Mckenzie, who was in The Risk and is besties with the likes of Duncan Blue and Lloyd Daniels and supposedly had relationships with both. Confusing, I know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jampots wrote: »
    A few things to note:
    - Jenny Frost is heavily pregnant (or very recently given birth), and couldn't take part. The other girls had no choice but to recruit Katona and have stated that Frost is welcome to return as soon as she is ready. Not sure if that would be in place of Katona (likely) or to build a quartet.

- Lyndsay from Bewitched is actually married to Lee from 911

- The Honeyz have ANOTHER lineup, Heavenly is there but so is her initial replacement Mariam (goodman?), the girl who didn't return is Naima, the French one who never song. This is therefore the strongest vocally and out of all the groups, their old material has aged best. Finally found is a classic and the girls may well have had a longer career had they not tried to go street.

- Mariam was of course originally in Solid HarmoniE which is why they are not in the show (and the fact that no one remembers them despite being arguably the prototype for Max Martin - BSB/Britney pop songs)

- SInead from Bewitched is of course ancient, and is well over 40 as she was in her 30's during their peak. But look at Una from the Saturdays, she's 32 now!

- Jay from 5 has shunned celebrity entirely and has tried to shut down fan sites on him. He is potentially suffering from psychological issues, but certainly regretful of his foray into pop despite the financial rewards that came.

Then Liz & Natasha should have declined the offer to do this tbh even if they had Jenny`s blessing`s
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is almost a direct rip-off of the old VH1 show "Bands Reunited". That had a guy tracking down each band member individually and, quite often, literally stopping them in the supermarket to talk about the band.

he'd then invite them to a location for an interview with the other band members and offer them a chance to play a one off gig to a small group of fans in the same building.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bands_Reunited

either way, it was an entertaining show and when it worked, and all the band members agreed to play, it was great - the kajagoogoo gig was good :)

so it certainly might be worth a look.

That concept is also very similar to the 'Bring Back......' shows that Justin Lee Collins used to do
  • Theo_BearTheo_Bear Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

- SInead from B*witched is of course ancient, and is well over 40 as she was in her 30's during their peak. But look at Una from the Saturdays, she's 32 now!

Sinead's 39. She'll be 40 this year. Edele and Keavy have just turned 34, and Lindsay's 33.
  • royllsroyceroyllsroyce Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That concept is also very similar to the 'Bring Back......' shows that Justin Lee Collins used to do

I think Bands Reunited was on before "Bring Back ...". But then it's not like it's any kind of original idea either way really.
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love me some 90s cheesy pop but no. Just no.
  • MikayMikay Posts: 10,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I want you to want me for all that I am, I hope that you will try to undeerssttanndd! <3

I remember them and adored I Want You To Want Me.
    I remember a few years ago I lived with a few Filipinos, and one day I randomly burst into a chorus of Solid HarmoniE, and I was so shocked that they all started to sing along when no one in the UK even remembers that song!

Apparently they were big in the Philippines!
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mikay wrote: »
    I want you to want me for all that I am, I hope that you will try to undeerssttanndd! <3

I remember them and adored I Want You To Want Me.
    I remember a few years ago I lived with a few Filipinos, and one day I randomly burst into a chorus of Solid HarmoniE, and I was so shocked that they all started to sing along when no one in the UK even remembers that song!

Apparently they were big in the Philippines!

Solid Harmonie were so basic but I did love "I Wanna Love You" and thought that deserved to be a huge hit for them.

I'm soo annoyed Naima isn't still part of The Honeyz:( She might not have ever actually sang but she brought that sexy French swagger to the group.
    Interesting that Selena, Heavenli and Marianna are all in the one group now. Selena's voice was always so criminally underrated so can't wait to hear her singing again.
    Wonder No.8 was such an amazing album.