50th Anniversary Celebration Convention - More details announced

13»

Comments

• davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    I AM ABSOLUTELY LIVID!!!!!!!!
    :mad:

BBC posts code for early ticket bookings, which apparently kept changing so people had difficulty booking tickets... What do I find when I went to book at 11am today when the tickets were officially released? Saturday FULL UP, and ALL THE PHOTO AND AUTOGRAPH OPS GONE!

I have a ticket for friday now, but NOTHING TO GO WITH IT.

Thanks a lot BBC. BIG HELP.

FFS.
  • lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a little annoyed as well. I spent half an hour refreshing the page, then typing in what turned out to be the WRONG BLOODY CODE they sent out, only to be told Saturday was sold out. Managed to get some tickets for Friday, but it's not very fair. Major cock up on their part.
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tried to get 3 adult tickets but no chance.
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BBC posts code for early ticket bookings, which apparently kept changing so people had difficulty booking tickets... What do I find when I went to book at 11am today when the tickets were officially released? Saturday FULL UP, and ALL THE PHOTO AND AUTOGRAPH OPS GONE!

FFS.

it didn't change at all,it was always celebrate50!,it just wasn't working at the beginning
  • King_MrhKing_Mrh Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My God, that was stressful. Didn't know about the pre-booking situation, so tried at (dead-on) 11am - only to find all the Saturday tickets already gone. Tried to get Sunday ones, eventually got some (after their site crashing on me 3 times) then as I pressed to take payment, the screen froze on me. After a while of nothing happening, I refreshed the page and I went back to the ticket home page again. Assuming the transaction hadn't gone through, I started again. I managed to get 2 more tickets on the Sunday paying via paypal thankfully. I still don't know if the 1st ones went thrIough or not until I can check my account, so I could have 4 tickets instead of 2.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    King_Mrh wrote: »
    My God, that was stressful. Didn't know about the pre-booking situation, so tried at (dead-on) 11am - only to find all the Saturday tickets already gone. Tried to get Sunday ones, eventually got some (after their site crashing on me 3 times) then as I pressed to take payment, the screen froze on me. After a while of nothing happening, I refreshed the page and I went back to the ticket home page again. Assuming the transaction hadn't gone through, I started again. I managed to get 2 more tickets on the Sunday paying via paypal thankfully. I still don't know if the 1st ones went thrIough or not until I can check my account, so I could have 4 tickets instead of 2.

i ended up using my Tablet to book,and you can imagine how slowly i had to go through it to make sure everything was ok
  • liliroselilirose Posts: 10,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do you book the cast photographs?
    I had no problems at all booking tickets for Saturday (Logged in at 11) but I can’t work out how to book the cast photos.

Thanks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it didn't change at all,it was always celebrate50!,it just wasn't working at the beginning

Not entirely accurate.... they did indeed send out the wrong code. The e-mail had it as celebrate50! while the web site had it as celebration50!. Absolutely 100% sure of that as it was the celebration50! one I tried while bored waiting for them to fix the problem and got through on. They got the original e-mail code up and running somewhere around 9:15ish.

That being said I do think they screwed up the presale. Quite simply they seemed to allocate a lot of tickets to it and left very little for general release. While it's always a juggling act between the two you do need to have something approaching decent availability for the main day once you go public. Plus for some reason the TARDIS tickets didn't appear for a long time after the presale began so some who wanted them didn't get the chance to buy.
  • RollerbabeRollerbabe Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    lilirose wrote: »
    How do you book the cast photographs?
    I had no problems at all booking tickets for Saturday (Logged in at 11) but I can’t work out how to book the cast photos.

Thanks

The only cast photos available to pre-book were for Matt Smith, which is now sold out. Other cast photos you will have to queue to book first thing on the day you attend, along with the autographs.
  • RollerbabeRollerbabe Posts: 207
    Forum Member

FFS.

Only Matt Smith photos sold out. You will be able to get other cast photos and autographs by queuing first thing on the day you attend.
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Managed to get 3 tickets for Ice Warriors on the Friday.
  • monkeypuzzlermonkeypuzzler Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    Not entirely accurate.... they did indeed send out the wrong code. The e-mail had it as celebrate50! while the web site had it as celebration50!. Absolutely 100% sure of that as it was the celebration50! one I tried while bored waiting for them to fix the problem and got through on.

Same here, a lucky guess at the code enabled me to get TARDIS tickets for Sunday (weeping angel stream)! Am made up to be going.
  • Lolly_Du_BekeLolly_Du_Beke Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucky guess for me too with the code, I was trying to ring them to yell at them and was experimenting with stuff and got lucky. Both my friend and I were trying. Got weeping angels for Saturday plus we both got photos :-) I'm really happy but feel for those who missed out. If I'd missed out because of their cock up I'd demand Matt Smith to be sent to my door with a ticket and a bouquet....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rollerbabe wrote: »
    Only Matt Smith photos sold out. You will be able to get other cast photos and autographs by queuing first thing on the day you attend.

exactly i will get there first thing on the Sunday and see who i can get signed or photo of and be grateful with whatever i get:)
  • PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was gonna try and book tickets for Friday but if there are no photo sessions with Matt available then I won't bother. I really don't have the money anyway but if I'd been able to get a photo with Matt I would have spent it anyway. Gutted. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    My friend managed to get two Ice Warrior tickets for the Saturday. Im happy.
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Rollerbabe wrote: »

Never have I been happier than when I read this. Well, not happier per se, more... less disappointed and a bit more optimistic :)
  • dayne14dayne14 Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    Hi All,

Booked two Adult tickets yesterday for the Friday. But had to do it over the phone as one ticket is for a disabled person.

Have not yet recieved email confirmation though, and the crowdsurge login that was set up over the phone doesn't work. Nor as the money been taken from my account. So frustrated and worried a little that I may not have tickets.

Any ideas?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dayne14 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Booked two Adult tickets yesterday for the Friday. But had to do it over the phone as one ticket is for a disabled person.

Have not yet recieved email confirmation though, and the crowdsurge login that was set up over the phone doesn't work. Nor as the money been taken from my account. So frustrated and worried a little that I may not have tickets.

Any ideas?

try ringing crowdsurge up
  • kw4121kw4121 Posts: 3,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i ended up using my Tablet to book,and you can imagine how slowly i had to go through it to make sure everything was ok

i did in on my iphone at just after 9am with only 8% battery left and it was draining fast i finally got a weeping angel ticket and a photo with matt and a T-Shirt for saturday was so relieved but ppl on my twitter feed were saying that the site wasnt working on pc/mac but was working via mobiles etc....

it was frustrating to see people like those above not being able to get tickets because of technical issues!

its a wonder they dont use someone like see tickets.com or ticketmaster for these things?

Ken
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kw4121 wrote: »
    i did in on my iphone at just after 9am with only 8% battery left and it was draining fast i finally got a weeping angel ticket and a photo with matt and a T-Shirt for saturday was so relieved but ppl on my twitter feed were saying that the site wasnt working on pc/mac but was working via mobiles etc....

it was frustrating to see people like those above not being able to get tickets because of technical issues!

its a wonder they dont use someone like see tickets.com or ticketmaster for these things?

Ken

Probably because if they did,a percentage of the tickets would have ended up on their official touting sites at a massive premium
  • StormageddonStormageddon Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    I tried to get tickets only to find it quickly sold out. MASSIVELY disappointed... I cant believe I cannot go to this once in a life time event. So annoyed. The website and organisation for this has been ridiclous. I didn't get sent the email code even though I'd registered. 15,000 ticktes all gone so quick ! Just astonishing. Ok, it's great to know that it's very popular but it's no consolation...
    But I do hope you all have a fantastic time there. Looking forward to hearing about it all.
  • rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dayne14 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Any ideas?

Did you get a booking reference number? (You might have had to ask for it when you booked & its a very long number!)
  • monkeypuzzlermonkeypuzzler Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know how many TARDIS tickets they've sold for each day? Just wondering how limited they really are!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Hi.
    I was surprised to be able to get a tardis ticket at 09:45 on Monday.

If you think there are 15000 tickets.
    That is 5000 per day.
    Which is 2500 per session.
    Tardis tix guarantee front row seats at the shows.
    If there are 50 rows of seating that equates to 50 tardis tickets per session. But that is only a guess.

Cheers.
    Karen