Has PSN been hacked again?

RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just wanted to make sure, has it really been hacked? Because loads of people are telling me that all PSN users need to change their passwords due to some disturbance. I'm really confused about what's happening?

Apparently, it's something to do with FIFA and Sony have been sending emails, advising users to change their passwords? It happened on the Xbox at one point. Is this really true?:confused:

Comments

• dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well this is the final straw if thats the case, there system was supposed to be greatly improved after last time,
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    I don't play FIFA but I had to change my password.
  • MrMarkMrMark Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    I have just changed my password as well. I do play FIFA.
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From what I have heard they haven't been hacked but they have spotted some unusual activity so are suggesting people change their password as a precaution.

Incidentally you should be regularly changing your password as a matter of course. None of us do it - unless we are nagged to at work but there is a reason why they nag you to do it.
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, right.

I haven't recieved an email from Sony but I changed my password anyway, just to be on the safe side. Apparently, people who have Adobe accounts also need to change their passwords.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    If its the Fifa scam again, then it might be because some users have the same password for their psn as they do for Origin. The Adobe hack is a different thing, but rumours are that a lot of places are being targeted.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Don't worry soon EVERYTHING will be saved in the cloud and that will never get hacked...
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Total FUD that ALL PSN users have been asked to change their password.
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I haven't had my password reset or an email asking me to do so.

http://www.psu.com/a021881/PSN-password-resets-apparently-prompted-by-FIFA-14-Trading-Card-exploit

Seeing as this problem also hit the xbox I wonder if the problem lays with the EA coding than any problem with Sony or Microsoft.
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Had to reset mine, and I don't play FIFA or any EA games at the moment
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No resets here. Ps4 only maybe ??
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    No resets here. Ps4 only maybe ??

Its not PS4 only as I had mine reset the other day.

It could be an EA thing though as I have an Origin account and played a NFS and Medal of Honor game very recently. No Fifa though.
  • jwballjwball Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PS4 and no password reset email.
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Funny enough I got a prompt to reset my PS3 password on friday (think I used same password more or less) or slightly different I forget
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you've had a reset does this website turn anything up?
    http://www.haveibeenpwned.com/

It shows my adobe hack, but i only have that to get pdf viewer.