Options

Does anyone else find Jamie Oliver really annoying?

124»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember when Jamie first started on TV and he seemed like a lovely guy back then. I think it all went wrong when he made friends with the Blairs, he probably started believing his own hype. I have to change channel if he appears now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    He's probably a nice guy in real life but I find him intensely irritating - always trying to be cool, but looking like a right prat.
  • Options
    ursula321ursula321 Posts: 1,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot stand the man. No particular reason, however I do usually hate do gooders. Always have hated him though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    I bet he had bad breath :D
  • Options
    BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is the only telly chef I cannot watch, and I LOVE watching food and cookery programmes. I find him so annoying, smug and nothing he does is that "new".

he has never inspired me to go into the kitchen to cook anything and I find his "here's a quick and cheap meal if you don't have much cash... buy a corn fed free range chicken...and capers.." approach makes me wish we had interactive tv so I could slap him.
  • Options
    nitenursenitenurse Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's become the spokesman for my grocery store here in Canada, Sobey's. I loathe the man and refuse to buy anything he promotes.

Just cannot bring home any product with his face on the parcel.

At least they've stopped running the ads on TV with him prancing about and going "who knew Canada was so big"

Please keep him onyour side of the Atlantic.
  • Options
    Pablo79Pablo79 Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    He was always fairly annoying what with his school dinner crusade, bland cooking shows and uninspired and inauthentic Italian restaurants, but since he has come out as a UKIP supporter, I have a real reason to despise him.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nitenurse wrote: »
    He's become the spokesman for my grocery store here in Canada, Sobey's. I loathe the man and refuse to buy anything he promotes.

At least they've stopped running the ads on TV with him prancing about and going "who knew Canada was so big"

Please keep him onyour side of the Atlantic

No. :p

You are welcome to him.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He disappeared up his own fundament years ago. The fact that he supports UKIP is bad enough, but his latest initiative to try and close fast food restaurants near schools is just unbelievable. I mean, he won't be affected by the economic crisis, but to try and close businesses simply because they are near schools is just >:(>:(>:(>:(
  • Options
    BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He disappeared up his own fundament years ago. The fact that he supports UKIP is bad enough, but his latest initiative to try and close fast food restaurants near schools is just unbelievable. I mean, he won't be affected by the economic crisis, but to try and close businesses simply because they are near schools is just >:(>:(>:(>:(

Wow.. didn't know he supported UKIP, that just proves he really has no idea how the world actually works and by going down that route he is truly going to screw up this country. But he won't be affected with his millions and overbearing ego. Perhaps he'd prefer it like it was in the good old days? When buying a chicken was a luxury and bread was packed out with sawdust so the poor could afford it.

Also, no one forces these kids to eat crap at lunchtime, they want to, the schools should simply do what mine did years ago. No one goes off site unless parents approval is given.

What makes me laugh is he campaigns for banning fast food restaurants "because he is worried for the kids" but is never home for his own brood and wife.

Twunt snuffling knob end.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nitenurse wrote: »

Please keep him onyour side of the Atlantic.

Err, perhaps everyone except you Jamie?:D
  • Options
    EELoverEELover Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woowookid wrote: »
    There's far more offensive people on TV than Jamie IMO.

The only thing that I find vaguely annoying, is his Mockney persona. He's a nice middle-class grammar school educated lad, with parents who own a lovely country pub, which is very well thought of in foodie circles.

Cocker-nee?
    Never in a million years!

That was quite funny when he first got on TV (late 90s), he was doing live cooking on breakfast TV, whenever something when wrong and he got stressed his 'cockney' accent vanished and became a very posh accent instead.

That said I quite like him.
  • Options
    EELoverEELover Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Read somewhere that the mockney accent is totally fake too.

It is from what I've seen, he used to magically lose it when we screwed things up on live TV and became stressed when he was doing his Naked Chef segment on breakfast TV when we first started appearing on the box in the late 90s. His real accent appear to be a posh public school boy one. Always found that funny when it happened.