BB7: what was the opinion on Lea and Richard?

Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm still rewatching BB7 on and off :cool: I started a thread on the plastics, ie Grace, Imogen, Lisa and Nikki.

Two housemates I'm one minute enjoying and the next hating are Lea and Richard. What is/was the opinion on these two?

I want to like Lea but her obsession with Pete and constant paranoia, especially in the week before Aisleyne was fake evicted, is ridiculous and you can tell the younger girls don't like her yet she refuses to nominate any of them.

Richard, for me, was terrible in the first week. I sympathised with him in the second week against Sezer but in my opinion, his comments to Imogen were uncalled for. From then on he's very 50/50. His nominations are hilarious though :D even if they are about my favourite housemate in Imogen!

Comments

• 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    I liked Lea but her obession with Pete did get a little strange and put me off her in the end. I couldn't bare Richard he was so irritating BUT I do think he was a great housemate and brought a lot to the series.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lea and Richard formed a very strange surrogate family as the 'parents' to Nikki and Pete .
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you can manage to look beyond his dreadful treatment of shabaz, Richard later turned out to be quite a decent housemate.

Never really took to Lea. Her obsession with Pete was too much.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    I liked Lea, though she was paranoid wreck.

Richard irritated me.
  • KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the time my opinion of both changed every week, looking back - great housemates.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucy loose legs and camp as Christmas Canadian......... annoyed the hell out of me
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked Richard. He was one of my faves throughout the series (enhanced unashamedly so by Dermot O'Weary's obvious dislike for him >:()

Lea ... didn't she keep going hot and hold on Richard half way through the series depending on what other HM's thought of him from day to day? Didn't like her flakiness though nice their friendship went on to stand the test of time in the end.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did not like either of them. I thought Richard was a bully at the beginning towards Shabaz.
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They helped make BB7 truly worth watching, the last of the truly great years. Richard was great value as a housemate, and Lea brought plenty to the mix herself.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I loathed the pair of them. Should never have survived against Sezer.
  • nanna7nanna7 Posts: 1,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hated Richard from day wanted sezer to stay a bit longer annoyed he went so early up and down with lea didn't take e to Pete at all and imogen was my fave that year with glyn he made me laugh great series
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    A BB7 where Sezer lasts any longer than 2 weeks makes me shudder.
    I've always wondered what their percents were against Sezer. They must have only got 8.4% between them, but I wonder who got the biggest share back then?

I liked it how they descended into frenemies and I didn't know if they'd make proper friends again or if they'd take eachother out. So quite fitting that they ended up in a head-to-head battle, where the bookies thought it would be a landslide against Lea but it was much closer than expected. I think that was the week when Richard's remarks were getting increasingly cutting, like saying that Imogen and Glyn had put him off Wales for good. So the vote was like 53% to 47%.

Overall though they were both great housemates who I enjoyed watching, even if they drove me mad at times.
  • TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just re watched BB7 in the summer and man did I forget how ridiculous Lea was, her personality literally changed by the hour. She was convinced that just about everyone was out to get her.
  • StemCellStemCell Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Pointy wrote: »
    They helped make BB7 truly worth watching, the last of the truly great years. Richard was great value as a housemate, and Lea brought plenty to the mix herself.

Well,, said, Pointy!

Whether one liked them or loahed them, Grace, Nikki, Pete and Sezar also contributed to BB7 being a memorable series.