'Chris love rumours fired up'

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
Forum Member
DANCING on Ice judge Jason Gardiner last night stoked rumours that the show's stars Christopher Dean and Karen Barber are an item.
He said: "There is no smoke without fire, is there?"

Christopher, 51, confirmed he's splitting from wife Jill at the weekend after 16 years.

Allegations of an affair with Karen surfaced after she stayed at his home last week.

Her husband Stephen Pickavance works as a trainer on Dancing on Ice.

Jason laughed: "That little minx! Her husband's a coach on the show. I'd heard talk but I couldn't say either way.

"All I know is that she is very much there for Torvill and Dean, probably above and beyond what you'd consider normal.

"Maybe she is just in awe of them.

"If it's true, the implications are unbelievable. But the skating world is very bizarre."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/dancing_on_ice/2884234/Christopher-Dean-and-Karen-Barber-rumours-get-stoked-by-Judge-Jason-Gardiner.html#ixzz0hdRpSJth

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    You seem very preoccupied with this story...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What an odious little man. Does he have no loyalty whatsoever?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    K_evans wrote: »
    You seem very preoccupied with this story...

I'm just interested, that's all. Been a huge fan of Karen in particular since the show started and am very surprised to hear allegations made against her. Don't actually care whether it's true or not, just really interested to find out said truth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    You're opinion of someone should not change based on allegations and considering that you call yourself a fan I find it odd you'd jump to assumptions so quickly especially when it's someone who has conducted themselves very well up to now. The truth will come out in time... be it true or not. Also try and keep things to one thread.
  • dancingdemelzadancingdemelza Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who cares anyway? Whether there's any truth in it or not, it's their business and no-one elses. Rumours can have very serious consequences, especially when there's no truth in them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That sort of talk, whether it has any foundation or not, is not good for the show's image and not good for Jason's reputation as part of the show.

He really doesn't know when to keep his gob shut, does he?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    That sort of talk, whether it has any foundation or not, is not good for the show's image and not good for Jason's reputation as part of the show.

He really doesn't know when to keep his gob shut, does he?

Nail on the head there! He has no loyalties whatsoever to his colleagues does he? I love how he had the audacity to call Sharon disrespectful to T&D for something she had little to do with and then a fortnight later fans the flames of something that would be far more damaging and indeed disrespectful not only to Chris and his family but also one of his fellow judges! Sour grapes from Sunday much? (He said on his twitter yesterday that he was still "miffed" about Mikey leaving and that "skating judges are such hypocrites")

What an odious little man he is :mad:
  • lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Droog83 wrote: »
    Nail on the head there! He has no loyalties whatsoever to his colleagues does he? I love how he had the audacity to call Sharon disrespectful to T&D for something she had little to do with and then a fortnight later fans the flames of something that would be far more damaging and indeed disrespectful not only to Chris and his family but also one of his fellow judges! Sour grapes from Sunday much? (He said on his twitter yesterday that he was still "miffed" about Mikey leaving and that "skating judges are such hypocrites")

What an odious little man he is :mad:

Did he really:eek:. He is weird, seriously!

I don't care about any of this gossip, even if it is true. If it isn't true, then all of this stuff is rubbish talk anyway, and if it is true, it's their business (we are not living in Victorian England anymore:rolleyes:).

However, Droog as always you hit the nail on the head with something else. The "little drama queen" (and I normally don't use nasty language) went off a few weeks ago for alleged disrespect and now when it suits him, he can be even more disrespectful. What a thoroughly despicable human being.
  • funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,339
    Forum Member
    :confused:Hmmm ths is the man that criticised Sharron for going against Chris. So changing a song is wong but idle lovelife gossip is fine
    Forum Member
    Did he really:eek:. He is weird, seriously!

I don't care about any of this gossip, even if it is true. If it isn't true, then all of this stuff is rubbish talk anyway, and if it is true, it's their business (we are not living in Victorian England anymore:rolleyes:).

However, Droog as always you hit the nail on the head with something else. The "little drama queen" (and I normally don't use nasty language) went off a few weeks ago for alleged disrespect and now when it suits him, he can be even more disrespectful. What a thoroughly despicable human being.

Afraid so :rolleyes: this is the direct quote from his Twitter:

I stand by my vote for mikey. We have required elements for a reason and he gave a solid performance plus nailed the spins. Daniella didn't
    (This was from Sunday night after the show)

Glorious day! Although I'm still miffed about Mikey's eviction. Skating judges are hypocrites. (This was from yesterday morning)

How he can shoot his mouth off regarding disrespect, and indeed hypocrisy (!!) is beyond me! :rolleyes::rolleyes::D
    Forum Member
    funkycub wrote: »
    :confused:Hmmm ths is the man that criticised Sharron for going against Chris. So changing a song is wong but idle lovelife gossip is fine

Ha ha, apparently so when you're living in the confused rats-maze that is Jason's mind :rolleyes::D. What a silly little man.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Afraid so :rolleyes: this is the direct quote from his Twitter:

I stand by my vote for mikey. We have required elements for a reason and he gave a solid performance plus nailed the spins. Daniella didn't
    (This was from Sunday night after the show)

Glorious day! Although I'm still miffed about Mikey's eviction. Skating judges are hypocrites. (This was from yesterday morning)

How he can shoot his mouth off regarding disrespect, and indeed hypocrisy (!!) is beyond me! :rolleyes::rolleyes::D

Thanks! I maintain my first point, he is weird. However, ITV are getting what they want, we are talking about him:p.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    funkycub wrote: »

You are living in such a naive world;). Changing a song is really disrespectful, it should be punished with prison. Idly fuelling gossip, and making nasty insinuations is not disrespectful if it helps you to get your face once again on the news and if your name is Jason.:p;).

(I was being sarcastic of course, nothing wrong with your post:o)
    Forum Member
    You are living in such a naive world;). Changing a song is really disrespectful, it should be punished with prison. Idly fuelling gossip, and making nasty insinuations is not disrespectful if it helps you to get your face once again on the news and if your name is Jason.:p;).

Ha ha ha :D

The main tragedy here being that this is truly the way Jason's mind works... and ITV actively encourages him to think this way :rolleyes: The loonies have taken over the asylum! Flee! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha ha ha :D

The main tragedy here being that this is truly the way Jason's mind works... and ITV actively encourages him to think this way :rolleyes: The loonies have taken over the asylum! Flee! :D

Now comparing the poor loonies with Jason is really disrespectful (they have more reason:p:D).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Jason is one of the biggest hypocrites I can think of!! The remark he made about Karen and Chris was probably just his weird way of 'getting his own back' cos Mikey went on Sunday.

However, I think there probably is something in this Chris/Karen story - but I have a life and don't really care:D
    Forum Member
    Now comparing the poor loonies with Jason is really disrespectful (they have more reason:p:D).

Of course, you're right! :o How rude of me ;):D

I think Jason is one of the biggest hypocrites I can think of!! The remark he made about Karen and Chris was probably just his weird way of 'getting his own back' cos Mikey went on Sunday.

However, I think there probably is something in this Chris/Karen story - but I have a life and don't really care:D

Yup, agree. You could see he got really riled when Karen said (something like) 'you should try listening to the actual skaters on the panel'. It seems if you dare speak against him or if he thinks you've wronged him, that's it! The knives are out! Just look at the mud he slung at Sharron after she squeezed an apology out of him over fecalgate! :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe its Jason that tipped off the gutter press!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    If Jason did say this he has been really irresponsible and two faced but totally what I would expect from him.

I don't believe the story myself but this is not helping the situation and disrespectful to Chris and Karen.

Having said that this could be totally taken out of context as the paps usually do so we have no proof Jason said anything atall.
    Forum Member
    number six wrote: »
    Maybe its Jason that tipped off the gutter press!

Nothing would surprise me at this stage!!
  • rebecca87rebecca87 Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If by 'love rumours fired up' they mean "publicity seeking egomaniac jokes about woman who dared challenge him on national tv while at same time not confirming a story concoted by a 'journalist' working for a paper which carries more fiction than the entire Harry Potter collection", then yeah, that's accurate.

Hard to fit into a headline though.
  • LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    Well one good thing could come out of this the producers might see what we all see and that is what a horrible man Jason really is and hopefully it might be curtains for him next year.
  • spinnersuespinnersue Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    K_evans wrote: »
    You're opinion of someone should not change based on allegations and considering that you call yourself a fan I find it odd you'd jump to assumptions so quickly especially when it's someone who has conducted themselves very well up to now. The truth will come out in time... be it true or not. Also try and keep things to one thread.

Would you like to jump down off that high horse now K_evans? The previous poster has as much right to post what he/she thinks as you do on here and on the other forum.
    Forum Member
    rebecca87 wrote: »
    If by 'love rumours fired up' they mean "publicity seeking egomaniac jokes about woman who dared challenge him on national tv while at same time not confirming a story concoted by a 'journalist' working for a paper which carries more fiction than the entire Harry Potter collection", then yeah, that's accurate.

Hard to fit into a headline though.

:DHahahahahahaha!:D
    Fan.Tastic. Go and become a journalist at once!
    LazySusan wrote: »
    Well one good thing could come out of this the producers might see what we all see and that is what a horrible man Jason really is and hopefully it might be curtains for him next year.

I doubt it from the headline-hungry ITV, but hey, we can dream!
  • pognog2pognog2 Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :DHahahahahahaha!:D
    Fan.Tastic. Go and become a journalist at once!

I doubt it from the headline-hungry ITV, but hey, we can dream!

They might have to if Karen & Chris get pissed off over Jason speaking out - they can't do Dancing on Ice without Chris & Jayne they can do it without Jason