Live Millionaire tonight. ITV 9pm.

crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
Forum Member
✭✭✭
May be interesting. Ann Widdecombe is a contestant but how will they do Phone A Friend?

Comments

• Killary45Killary45 Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They had a live celebrity millionaire before years ago. I think that there was someone from the production team with the phone-friends (perhaps in those days you had to nominate your friend before the programme and could not choose during the programme) to make sure that they were not watching the programme.
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they will have to bring them along and plonk them in a secure room out back.
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,672
    Forum Member
    And what happens if they don't finish playing in the hour? Will it just carry on?
  • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seriously hope it won't turn into Million Pound Drop where Chris will push them for an answer every 2 minutes.
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    This show still on? :sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I imagined it had run out of steam years ago :confused: Anyone remember the Millionaire 'electronic boardgame' thing that spoke in Chris Tarrant's voice? It was more tedious than watching the TV show :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can't believe it either. I thought it had reached its sell-by-date years ago, along with the Weakest Link.
  • CrazyeyeskillerCrazyeyeskiller Posts: 4,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup - it is still a great show for about 3 minutes per episode. The rest is a tedious and nauseating experience of zelebs, Tarrant's awful chat, ad breaks and sititng around talking about easy questions for no money.

Sick to death of charity tv programmes as well, where' s the thrill in that for the viewer? TV shouldn't be whored out as part of the massive charity machine, they should be funded from other sources (and vast majority are) in my opinion.
  • rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    May be interesting. Ann Widdecombe is a contestant but how will they do Phone A Friend?

The same way they do during normal shows and pretty much every other live show where someone phones in?
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosco2010 wrote: »
    The same way they do during normal shows and pretty much every other live show where someone phones in?

The issue is access to the internet.

In the normal show the phone-a-friend really does not have enough time to tap the question into Google.

Maybe if the answer comes up straight away that might work but normally they could not expect to get the answer in time.

But if people at home are actually watching the show they will have several minutes to find the answer online without any problem.
  • redvers36redvers36 Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this celebrity business is usually a sign of a washed up show
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    I seriously hope it won't turn into Million Pound Drop where Chris will push them for an answer every 2 minutes.

The four couples will be playing the new clock format, so we will see them answering the questions quickly. I will be surprised if they get through all four couples tonight and get the two winning viewers on the phone line live.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris T looks strangely different!
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A bit shambolic already.:o
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Different, I like it :)
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    A bit shambolic already.:o

Widdy will now do anything.... Can David Haye come up to her intellect.... and we have Gaz from Corrie :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there now a show that David Haye hasnt been on!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Widdy is clinging on to David on the stairs just as she did with Anton in SCD!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lily Rose wrote: »
    I can't believe it either. I thought it had reached its sell-by-date years ago, along with the Weakest Link.

'Deal or no deal' is no better.:sleep:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    £1000 a week on food?:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    David spends £1K on "grub" per week - another world eh!!!!
  • Arthur CucumberArthur Cucumber Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    Cringeworthy. Tarrant should drop the attempts at "banter" with the contestants, you can't dub in the sound of the audience laughing when it's live! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    £1000 a week on food?:eek:
    mrbernay wrote: »

OMG, JD, we had a moment :o:o:D
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

ann spends £2k:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    OMG, JD, we had a moment :o:o:D

I know.:(:o