Options

Christmas woes, post 'em here

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
Forum Member
Well, I have a tree minus all it's decorations - again - until son arrives to help me stand it upright after the dog knocked it over. Some of the lights got wet, so will have to use an old, hopefully still working set I managed to dig out of the cupboard. And then redecorate it. The urge to just chuck it outside is strong :D

And now, my face has swollen up on one side and I have to go see an emergency dentist. Today. Plus I look like Quasimodo.

I'm tired, only had about 4 hours sleep last night because of the storm, and instead of slobbing around in my pyjamas as I planned, I have to go outside again, and have pain inflicted on me by some poor dentist who will no doubt be desperate to get home.

Someone else please post your troubles in here, it'll make me feel better :D

Comments

• Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a very first world problem but I had to buy an extra plate as I only have 4 in my set and 5 for dinner, and the shop didn't have a matching Denby Halo one except in the salad size so I had to buy a Denny Praline one so all my plates don't match.

I also forgot to buy a lemon for the hollandaise sauce for tomorrow's breakfast, and I don't think I have enough bacon. But I'm not going out again, into the scrum.

Also, my hob exploded the other day and I had to buy a new one but that's all fixed now.

All in all I'm pretty content!
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a sore throat coming on.
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    I was panicking today going from shop to shop trying to find some fresh thyme. I did eventually find some though, so all okay in the end!
  • Options
    GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annoyed because my fish tank light failed at the weekend, leaving me unable to get a replacement light in a timely fashion, so the fish will have been in the dark for over a week by the times its sorted.

Not really xmas related granted, but its the timing of it that sucks!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I rushed up to the shops to get some custard powder and when I got back I found some in the cupboard
  • Options
    wenchwench Posts: 8,928
    Forum Member
    I've been at work since 9am, I'm here till 4pm, but then have to go home and be on call until 7.30am tomorrow.

FML
  • Options
    Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    My plans to make gingerbread chocolate brownies as a wee extra for family were foiled when I went to the cashline and it laughed at me...
  • Options
    SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    Think I've picked up a lurgi; feel sick as a dog, throbbing headache and a steady emission of not so fragrant air biscuits is filling my office, occupancy = one, me.
  • Options
    floozie_21floozie_21 Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My youngest sister has accused us of leaving her out after me and middle sis took my mum for a coffee. Now she has turned her phone off and has shut herself indoors so me and mum are upset (we're people pleasers) and middle sis and my dad are annoyed (they've lost patience) and youngest sis is just angry at the world.

So now I can't be arsed for Christmas because all I want is everyone to be happy and I now we will all be treading on eggshells tomorrow :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    I'm at work when all I want to do is go to the pub
  • Options
    KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    I've got a sore throat coming on.
    SnrDev wrote: »
    Think I've picked up a lurgi; feel sick as a dog, throbbing headache and a steady emission of not so fragrant air biscuits is filling my office, occupancy = one, me.

That sore throat bug is nasty. I woke up with it yesterday and couldn't speak. Now I sound like I smoke 80 a day. The tickly cough that tries to turn your lungs inside out. It's not a super snotty cold though, one must look for the upside. :)
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't walk because I am so pissed :cool:
  • Options
    merrybiscuitmerrybiscuit Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i have a cold.

my dog had his last radiotherapy treatment today for oral cancer so i'm hoping he can eat tomorrow.

in kindness i invited my lousy father over and fe bad but regretting it as i feel awful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    floozie_21 wrote: »
    My youngest sister has accused us of leaving her out after me and middle sis took my mum for a coffee. Now she has turned her phone off and has shut herself indoors so me and mum are upset (we're people pleasers) and middle sis and my dad are annoyed (they've lost patience) and youngest sis is just angry at the world.

So now I can't be arsed for Christmas because all I want is everyone to be happy and I now we will all be treading on eggshells tomorrow :(

What age is she? Teen angst is it? Shout through the door and tell her to stop being so mental. Or bribe her out with a mcdonalds and order her downstairs to bloody well enjoy christmas or else.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    My Xmas shopping took 45 mins - roughly 15 mins longer than average - even though I started early around quarter to 3.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pugamo wrote: »
    What age is she? Teen angst is it? Shout through the door and tell her to stop being so mental. Or bribe her out with a mcdonalds and order her downstairs to bloody well enjoy christmas or else.

Mental age of a teenager but she's 22! She lives 3 doors down from my mum so is still practically living in my parents pockets. Mum just text me saying sister is "devastated" to have been left out. Nothing like some emotional blackmail at Christmas time. Bah Humbug!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have a cold.

my dog had his last radiotherapy treatment today for oral cancer so i'm hoping he can eat tomorrow.

in kindness i invited my lousy father over and fe bad but regretting it as i feel awful.

Sorry to hear about your dog :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    floozie_21 wrote: »
    Mental age of a teenager but she's 22! She lives 3 doors down from my mum so is still practically living in my parents pockets. Mum just text me saying sister is "devastated" to have been left out. Nothing like some emotional blackmail at Christmas time. Bah Humbug!

Text her back saying you're devastated to have such a brat for a sister!
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't spend xmas with daughter and husband abroad because I couldn't leave my grumpy old mum alone and she isn't fit to travel. BUT, I keep thinking about the future when she won't be here so in the scheme of things not all bad and even my xmas tree lights not working and none left in shops to buy isn't going to put a damper on things

Merry xmas everyone :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pugamo wrote: »
    Text her back saying you're devastated to have such a brat for a sister!

Lol you're not far off what I actually said! :D
  • Options
    yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My neighbour has told me at least 5 times in the last month that she's not buying me a present or a card and doesn't do Christmas. I'm home from the shops, everything ready and sat here relaxing and she's turned up with a present for me.
    Am now trying to knit something suitable to give her tomorrow.
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    I have to spend tomorrow at the inlaws, slowly watching the mother inlaw getting drunker and more annoying.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    yorkiegal wrote: »
    My neighbour has told me at least 5 times in the last month that she's not buying me a present or a card and doesn't do Christmas. I'm home from the shops, everything ready and sat here relaxing and she's turned up with a present for me.
    Am now trying to knit something suitable to give her tomorrow.

What did you knit her, a potplant? :D Thanks all, that did make me feel better - aside from the poor dog, hope he was able to eat. :(