Soap couples with great and not so great chemistry.

emzi27emzi27 Posts: 1,113
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm interested to see what pairings everyone think suit and what ones don't.

Comments

• trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    I thought Peter and Leanne had chemistry when they were together on Corrie. Obviously, Peter's a loser and it wasn't a good relationship, but they worked well together.

I agree that Peter and Carla have chemistry as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    For me, I think Peter and Carla in Corrie. (Alison King and Chris Gascoyne)
    I just think they have such a good chemistry on screen and they are both superb actors.
  • wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From Corrie
    Sean and his cushion. They`re hardly ever apart.
  • annielouannielou Posts: 10,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sally made Tim are greAt together.
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Emmerdale, great chemistry: Ross and Donna, Jimmy and Nicola, Cain and Moira, Finn and TotallyNotGayRobbie.

Zero chemistry: Laurel and Marlon, Harriet and Ashley, Megan and Jai, Paddy and anyone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    wavlovr wrote: »
    From Corrie
    Sean and his cushion. They`re hardly ever apart.

lol:D:D
  • immusicimmusic Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emmerdale, great chemistry: Ross and Donna, Jimmy and Nicola, Cain and Moira, Finn and TotallyNotGayRobbie.

Zero chemistry: Laurel and Marlon, Harriet and Ashley, Megan and Jai, Paddy and anyone.

All of this ^ (apart from Cain & Moira - I just don't like them together) and I also like Bernice & Andy together
    From Corrie: Sally & Tim, Steve & Karen McDonald, Jack & Vera

I'm not sure from the thread title if present couples only are allowed? :blush::confused:
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Completely agree. :D:D:D
  • emzi27emzi27 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    immusic wrote: »
    All of this ^ (apart from Cain & Moira - I just don't like them together) and I also like Bernice & Andy together

I'm not sure from the thread title if present couples only are allowed? :blush::confused:

Yeah any! I just read on another thread about Gary and izzy having no chemistry which is totally true! Got me thinking about what other couples work well together. I don't think Ian and Denise have chemistry!
  • Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0 chemistry between Gary and Izzy, Steve and Michelle and Lloyd and Andrea
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agree with all of them, but I think Harriet and Ashley have great chemistry. I'd replace them with Declan and Charity, who have no chemistry despite both being great characters.
  • boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zero chemistry between Madduh and Sawphie.
  • MackenizeMackenize Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    Chas and James from Emmerdale no spark at all.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agree with all those choices. I would Add Aaron and Jackson in the Zero chemistry list. I suspect that I would be adding Aaron and his next fella to that list later in the year.

Lol, wavlovr!:D
  • MackenizeMackenize Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    Agree with all those choices. I would Add Aaron and Jackson in the Zero chemistry list. I suspect that I would be adding Aaron and his next fella to that list later in the year.

You need to add Ed and Aaron as well they were another couple who had no spark. In fact the only lad Aaron has had a spark with is Adam.
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zero chemistry between Madduh and Sawphie.

Ha, ha☺
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Peter abd a bottle of vodka. The chemistry is sizzling
  • immusicimmusic Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter abd a bottle of vodka. The chemistry is sizzling

They certainly give Carla and Rioja a run for their money in the sizzling chemistry dept! ;-):)
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian and no one. Even his school chemistry set ran away screaming. :(
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phelan and Anna = off the scale
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    immusic wrote: »

Bernice and Andy are amazing. She's come over all foxy and he's like a horny goat.

I used to flipping love Steven and Karen. Also Toyah and Spider. Good times. :cool:
    Completely agree. :D:D:D

Yay. :D
    Pandora. wrote: »
    Agree with all of them, but I think Harriet and Ashley have great chemistry. I'd replace them with Declan and Charity, who have no chemistry despite both being great characters.

I pondered Declan and Charity. I love them together but it's a bit too much like a war zone to be real chemistry. Like it when he comes over a bit neanderthal and grabs her, that's hot.
    Mackenize wrote: »

Not a sausage.

Don't even talk to me about Aaron. He had all chemistry removed at birth. :cry:
  • 80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree with this, plus

Great chemistry - Charity and Declan, Val and Eric, Dan and Kerry
    Zero chemistry - Debbie and Pete, Chas and James, Charity and Jai, Katie and Declan
  • ThamwetThamwet Posts: 2,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tim and Sally
    David and Kylie
    Rob and Tracy (though not especially pleasant chemistry lol)
    Peter and Carla
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mackenize wrote: »

He doesn't seem to have an emotional connection to anyone, at all. I'm not just saying that because I hate the character but as storylines have shown us he should be very close to Pete because he's similar to James but also to Ross as he spend over 2 years looking for him and I'm sure he's very proud of Finn - because he's awesome, I know he says he isn't a good father but there is no warmth with any of his kids in the way that you get with Cain/Debbie, Moira/Adam, Chas/Aaron, Zak/Cain etc.

ETA: TBH I still cannot get a handle on his character, is he suppose to be cold to be point of being stand offish with a mix of awkwardness or am I reading him wrong, should I see him as a 'nice bloke'? The writing from him is very inconstant, one week his practically confessing his love to Moira, the next he's with Chas and really 'likes' her, next his getting drunk and appears to be jealous at Moira's wedding and then his fine? Help me!!
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jai and Megan from Emmerdale have zero chemistry and don't suit at all. Jai didn't work well with Charity either. Possibly because Jai is played by a terrible actor so wouldn't have chemistry with anyone! Cain and Charity had amazing chemistry together which he doesn't seem to have with Moira. Leanne and Kal from Corrie don't have chemistry either, it's actually laughable! Peter and Carla obviously have chemistry. Their great together.