Options

Robert & Aaron.....going to be good!!!

Comments

• Options
    Sunset DaleSunset Dale Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he has been off screen for years. Who is to say he hasn't been sleeping with men, while hiding his sexulaity and having a girlfriend for show.
    it happens. And many people 'turn gay' as you so stupidly put it in later life.

Why do you feel the need to be so rude to people? You might want to read the t&C of this site and watch your language.

People don't just get up one day and decide they're gay. For most people they know well before reaching adulthood that they're attracted to the same sex. They may repress their feelings due to prejudices that is true. Possibly what's happened here, but having grown up watching Emnerdale and the character of Robert I'm not convinced. So maybe you should think about things like that before you accuse long term viewers of being stupid thanks.
  • Options
    margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do you feel the need to be so rude to people? You might want to read the t&C of this site and watch your language.

People don't just get up one day and decide they're gay. For most people they know well before reaching adulthood that they're attracted to the same sex. They may repress their feelings due to prejudices that is true. Possibly what's happened here, but having grown up watching Emnerdale and the character of Robert I'm not convinced. So maybe you should think about things like that before you accuse long term viewers of being stupid thanks.

What gets m!e though is Danny must have been really desperate for work as he said when he left he was so happy not to have to kiss men anymore. I suspect Robert is manipulating him as otherwise they will have changed a character to serve a plot.
  • Options
    Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,532
    Forum Member
    What gets m!e though is Danny must have been really desperate for work as he said when he left he was so happy not to have to kiss men anymore. I suspect Robert is manipulating him as otherwise they will have changed a character to serve a plot.

Did he:confused::confused::confused:

I can't remember him saying that.

Unless it was in a newspaper article which means of course it must be true! ^_^;-)
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Woah chill out. I was hardly rude. Don't be so defensive.
    And i am a longterm viewer also and you in your reply are being rude to me so may i suggest you also read the T+Cs :mad::mad:

Who is to say he hasn't had these feelings before. As i stated he has been offscreen for ages.
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow this thread is really bringing out the bigots isn't it......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow this thread is really bringing out the bigots isn't it......

I think you need to look up the word because you're misusing it. No one has an issue with Aaron being gay, the only reason people question Robert is because of his history and they don't quite believe it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woah chill out. I was hardly rude. Don't be so defensive.
    And i am a longterm viewer also and you in your reply are being rude to me so may i suggest you also read the T+Cs :mad::mad:

Who is to say he hasn't had these feelings before. As i stated he has been offscreen for ages.

No offence was meant to you, was just a bit put out at being called stupid. Not saying you're wrong saying he is gay, no one really knows yet do they?
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did he:confused::confused::confused:

I can't remember him saying that.

Unless it was in a newspaper article which means of course it must be true! ^_^;-)

He said it in joking, lighthearted manner meaning he had spent too long kissing men in Emmerdale he looked forward to new challenges. Of course some chose to take the comment too seriously. Doesnt look like he has any problem juudging by the scenes to be shown.;-)
  • Options
    summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    And so have affairs, who's the daddy, murders. God knows Corrie like to wrongly accuse people of crimes and eastenders loves to shoot phil. I guess to me it's just part of soaps to have repetition.

Exactly, it always surprises me when people accuse a particular storyline of being boring or cliche whilst ignoring all the other storylines going on at the same time which have also all been done in some form or another many times before!
  • Options
    Forum Member

Just like people don't get up one day and turn into psycho Killers a la Cameron Murray.

How about we see what Robert confesses to Aaron before we decide??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    He said it in joking, lighthearted manner meaning he had spent too long kissing men in Emmerdale he looked forward to new challenges. Of course some chose to take the comment too seriously. Doesnt look like he has any problem juudging by the scenes to be shown.;-)

I know. :) I've always seen him have a little joke about it, he's always got a cheeky little smile on his face when he's talking about it... :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    I've never had a problem with the way Danny kisses men, in fact I think the one in Smithy with Jackson was perfect.
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm just excited at the prospect of Robert using and abusing Aaron and making him bawl like a baby, which I hope he will successfully pull off :D.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    I'm just excited about Robert using and abusing Aaron and making him bawl like a baby , which I hope he will successfully pull off :D.

You know it's going to end in tears and it will be Aaron crying :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know it's going to end in tears and it will be Aaron crying :D

Should make for some great scenes that's for sure :D. Aaron crying angrily over the Christmas Turkey whilst Cain, Zack, Lisa, Chas and Debbie look around the room uncomfortably :p.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should make for some great scenes that's for sure :D. Aaron crying angrily over the Christmas Turkey whilst Cain, Zack, Lisa, Chas and Debbie look around the room uncomfortably :p.

I just hope it doesn't drag on and on.
  • Options
    anndra_wanndra_w Posts: 6,557
    Forum Member

I don't think you know what you're talking about. Some people may know they're gay when they're younger but for others it takes time. I went through school being attracted to girls and not really acknowledging gay feelings until I was older. I remember being in my 20's and having guys also in their 20s with girlfriends coming onto me. People have no idea how many guys are attracted to other guys. It would actually shock you how common it is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just hope it doesn't drag on and on.

It feels like it will be one of those stories that drags on a bit in time for a Christmas climax. But hopefully it won't get too tedious like other soaps when they drag out storylines.

I just wonder, you said in the previous thread that Robert was using Aaron to get him to kill Lawrence on his behalf? But is there any point anymore with Lawrence onside now? Especially now that he's given Robert the managing job at Home Farm?

I suppose it's reasonable to assume that Lawrence is going to find out Robert was behind the robbery, forcing Robert to conspire against him again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've never had a problem with the way Danny kisses men, in fact I think the one in Smithy with Jackson was perfect.

I seem to remember it was Jackson responding to the kiss like he had his lips welded shut, lmao :D

I think people forget that its a 7pm show, and most people complain about gay kisses as it is. Of course they'll have to be toned down!

But then again that's too simple and they'd rather attack someone over it and blame the actor personally despite the fact with any actor in any tv programme or film they are told what to do, what to say, how to look, how to kiss, which direction to look in etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I seem to remember it was Jackson responding to the kiss like he had his lips welded shut, lmao :D

I think people forget that its a 7pm show, and most people complain about gay kisses as it is. Of course they'll have to be toned down!

But then again that's too simple and they'd rather attack someone over it and blame the actor personally despite the fact with any actor in any tv programme or film they are told what to do, what to say, how to look, how to kiss, which direction to look in etc.

I could say the same about the scene outside Bar West were Jackson kissed Aaron, Jackson seemed to be going for it, yet Aaron didn't. Maybe it's the fact the actors didn't get on.

Though I wasn't that impressed with the kisses with the rugby player the guy who played he seemed like he didn't want to kiss him one bit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I could say the same about the scene outside Bar West were Jackson kissed Aaron, Jackson seemed to be going for it, yet Aaron didn't. Maybe it's the fact the actors didn't get on.

Though I wasn't that impressed with the kisses with the rugby player the guy who played he seemed like he didn't want to kiss him one bit.

I didn't like the rugby lad. To be honest I didn't really like Jackson either....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It feels like it will be one of those stories that drags on a bit in time for a Christmas climax. But hopefully it won't get too tedious like other soaps when they drag out storylines.

I just wonder, you said in the previous thread that Robert was using Aaron to get him to kill Lawrence on his behalf? But is there any point anymore with Lawrence onside now? Especially now that he's given Robert the managing job at Home Farm?

I suppose it's reasonable to assume that Lawrence is going to find out Robert was behind the robbery, forcing Robert to conspire against him again.

It could be anything, he could find out about the robbery or maybe he finds Aaron and Robert together and Lawrence tells him he will tell Chrissie about it. I think that Robert will do anything to get his hands on what he wants I believe he loves Chrissie but wants Lawrence's business and money as well.

I think ED are being very good at the information they are giving out, like inside soap saying a source telling them Robert has feelings for Aaron. I do think more than likely that maybe Robert is telling Aaron he has feeling for him when he really hasn't. I do think it's a ploy by ED for the viewers to believe Robert is gay. And even if he is or even bi it won't be a happy ending for Aaron and I do think the self harming might come back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I didn't like the rugby lad. To be honest I didn't really like Jackson either....

My friends so much preferred Jackson and hated Aaron so much even now they still do though I'm sure it's more to do with him having a go at them for leaning on his car though :D

I liked Jackson I actually thought him and Aaron made a good couple but the train crash ruined him for me. The rugby player was wooden as hell and that dull guy with the big nose who nobody liked.

Though I always thought Aaron and Robbie would make a good couple, I just know this storyline will be awful for Aaron.
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Sounds a bit iffy for Robert to suddenly 'turn' gay at the age of 27. I think, if anything he could be 'bi-sexual' which has happened before (Bernice & Gavin).
    I didn't 'come-out' till I was mid 20's - and I've since got a friend who likes women AND men! These things happen.
    I'm now mid-50's - and that Bi-sexual friend is still around with me - he's my best friend! He's only 35 - what the heck? So Emmerdale isn't being unrealistic at all!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It could be anything, he could find out about the robbery or maybe he finds Aaron and Robert together and Lawrence tells him he will tell Chrissie about it. I think that Robert will do anything to get his hands on what he wants I believe he loves Chrissie but wants Lawrence's business and money as well.

I think ED are being very good at the information they are giving out, like inside soap saying a source telling them Robert has feelings for Aaron. I do think more than likely that maybe Robert is telling Aaron he has feeling for him when he really hasn't. I do think it's a ploy by ED for the viewers to believe Robert is gay. And even if he is or even bi it won't be a happy ending for Aaron and I do think the self harming might come back.

Ah yes, good point. That could happen. I bet Lawrence would be well jealous seeing Robert with Aaron :D.

You're right, it could be anything. That's why I like the idea for the storyline. Usually you can predict what's going to happen. Yes, I get the feeling Robert does actually love Chrissie, but ultimately it seems he's more in love with Lawrence's money and business.

Agree with the last paragraph. It does seem an obvious ploy by the writers.