Options

The Sun: EastEnders Linda Henry in Race Hate Rap

Comments

• Options
    AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    If the Sun is talking rubbish then I expect her not just to deny it but sue. As she is entitled to huge compensation and is a victim here. Sounds like that is exactly what she is doing.
    If she doesn't then I will wonder why....

But I think the former is looking more likely.

I cant read the whole thing set to stand trial? As in criminal proceedings? The CPS believe there is some evidence to take this to court?
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Good, I'm pleased to hear this.
    It could be malicious after all.

And if worse comes to worst, Linda could always hire Mona as her barrister and argue the courts into submission :cool: :D. You don't wanna mess with Linda's legal team :p.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Read the mirror article on this. Guilty or not the trial starts Feb 11. With the 15th being the anniversary and we have some live episodes in the lead up what does this mean for her? I know the anniversary is Lucy killer reveal but also Ian, Dot and Sharon as the main players but if she isn't around I am guessing Lee cant be the killer?
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/eastenders-star-linda-henry-stand-4703419

Judging by this Linda says she is innocent and the claim against her is malicious. If she is innocent then I hope she sues and wins!
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope she gets sacked. Racism is disgusting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pink_Smurf wrote: »
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/eastenders-star-linda-henry-stand-4703419

Judging by this Linda says she is innocent and the claim against her is malicious. If she is innocent then I hope she sues and wins!

She is standing trial so she needs to get past that first.
    However (and I know you didn't do it) but some people need to be VERY careful.

We don't know she did it or not. Saying she defiantly did or saying she defiantly didn't (and even worse accusing the alleged victim of lying, making money etc) is not only over stepping the marking its illegal as this is now a criminal trial. Speculation I get but some claiming they know for sure one way or another and/or making up things about people they don't know is dangerous. Lets keep ourselves on the right side of the law here.

My take is this if she is found not guilty she should pursue is civilly as "Not Guilty" is not the same as being found innocent. And she should get some justice.
    If she is guilty she needs to be fired. Racists have no place on the show end of. If Leslie Grantham who can do something shitty but not illegal gets fired then DTC must not play favourites. I would feel the same if it was one of my favs like Ian, Sharon or Denise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »

If she did it then yes but she is saying that she is fighting tooth and nail against the claim. She could be innocent!
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    And if worse comes to worst, Linda could always hire Mona as her barrister and argue the courts into submission :cool: :D. You don't wanna mess with Linda's legal team :p.

You are very naughty, lol! But poor Mona. She must be gutted at this accusation :(

Hang on Joe, she hasn't been found guilty yet! Let's wait and see.
    She is standing trial so she needs to get past that first.
    However (and I know you didn't do it) but some people need to be VERY careful.

We don't know she did it or not. Saying she defiantly did or saying she defiantly didn't (and even worse accusing the alleged victim of lying, making money etc) is not only over stepping the marking its illegal as this is now a criminal trial. Speculation I get but some claiming they know for sure one way or another and/or making up things about people they don't know is dangerous. Lets keep ourselves on the right side of the law here.

My take is this if she is found not guilty she should pursue is civilly as "Not Guilty" is not the same as being found innocent. And she should get some justice.
    If she is guilty she needs to be fired. Racists have no place on the show end of. If Leslie Grantham who can do something shitty but not illegal gets fired then DTC must not play favourites. I would feel the same if it was one of my favs like Ian, Sharon or Denise.

Agree with both these points. If Linda is found guilty then I don't know how she can continue to work there. If not guilty? sue for all it's worth to clear her name!

Either way, I can't imagine that DTC is a happy man today, he's invested a helluva lot in the character she plays, even built a family around her etc. He must be mightily pissed off.

Reading the Mirror article it says she was called by her married name in court and her legal team pleaded not guilty on her behalf as she didn't turn up - I wonder if this was an attempt to keep it quiet?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You are very naughty, lol! But poor Mona. She must be gutted at this accusation :(

Agree with both these points. If Linda is found guilty then I don't know how she can continue to work there. If not guilty? sue for all it's worth to clear her name!

Either way, I can't imagine that DTC is a happy man today, he's invested a helluva lot in the character she plays, even built a family around her etc. He must be mightily pissed off.

Reading the Mirror article it says she was called by her married name in court and her legal team pleaded not guilty on her behalf as she didn't turn up - I wonder if this was an attempt to keep it quiet?

BIB Yes, I bet DTC is frustrated at the news! He did indeed create the Carters for her. She probably did try to keep it quiet but the news about these things usually get leaked! I don't know whether it's a legal thing that if you have a married name that you have to give that name in court rather than your maiden name which I assume is her stage name.
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    doormouse1 wrote: »
    Hmm.... it will cause a sour atmosphere on set if she has to work with Diane Parrish and Rudolph Walker.

Probably, but I'd kind of hope it'd cause the same atmosphere with anyone who isn't a racist, whatever their own race. Well hope is the wrong word, obviously it'd be much better if the incident just hadn't happened (if indeed it has.)
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is my eagerness to say "Bye Shirley!" showing? :blush::blush::blush:
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know not everyone likes Shirley but I think it's out of order to be gloating about this possibly affecting the character as the actress could be innocent and therefore doesn't deserve her name being smeared with this. (not aiming that at anyone in particular its just how I feel)

The Sun say that she will continue filming with EE as normal until February.

She pleaded not guilty via her lawyer. The case is set for trial on February 11. Her EastEnders filming will continue as normal until then.
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Very awkward if this is true.. A lot of the Carter storylines/aftermath will need Shirley at the front of it all, with Linda's rape reveal requiring Shirley to be there to be on Dean's side, the truth about Mick being her son, Stan's death/funeral and the possible other stories if they decide to bring Sylvie in. As it is, they'll already have to explain away one Carter's absence from it all.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Uh oh. Well I don't think we can condemn her yet, it hasn't been proven. And she is fighting the allegations. We have to wait and see what the outcome is. Remember it's supposed to be 'innocent until proven guilty' not 'guilty until proven innocent'.^_^

Seems very out of character from what others have said in interviews about her, although we don't know her personally. Still isn't it a bit quick to be calling for suspension when she may be innocent? Surely that would happen with a guilty verdict? Interesting that none of the staff were alerted or involved at the time.

I think legally it has to been done in your married name and it has probably only just come out now as the article states that she has recently pled not guilty via her lawyer in court. I don't think it's a cover up. Will have to wait for more details, like witnesses and so on.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Guilty before been proving Innocent??

Yes Racism is disgusting but Linda has not been accused of anything yet!
  • Options
    Forum Member

Hold up. It does say 'allegedly'. Can't condem someone without all the facts. We don't know either way what happened, we weren't there...

I imagine she would have informed TPTB when it happened.
  • Options
    liliroselilirose Posts: 10,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully Linda Henry will clear her name if there is no truth in these allegations, but if she is found guilty she should be sacked; there are no two ways about it.
    As controversial as this may sound, considering that this year EE seems to have revolved around Shirley with all the Carter secrets, and the family have dominated above any other family, hopefully the plan was for them to have a quieter role next year anyway.
    It is not ideal and Shirley would be a loss but the reveal is over Christmas. Linda Henry's trial is not until February so the Christmas reveals and aftermath, by a large should be over and done with before the outcome of the trial.

Depending on the outcome of Linda Henry's trial, by end of February, Shirley can easily be written out. I think the Carters; Mick, Linda, the children and Stan would have worked as a separate unit anyway and the aftermath of all the secrets is going to impact Mick and Linda's family more so than Shirley.

There are plenty of other storylines, imo much more interesting than paternity shenanigans of Shirley's children, and it is about time that the other families were given more screen time, regardless of any potential loss of Shirley.
    Not only the Beales are due to take centre stage, considering that we have the Lucy reveal, but all the other families have interesting storylines coming up. We have the ever interesting Cottons with Nick's storyline, the great addition of Charlie and Yvonne and the genius of Ronnie thrown into the mix, Patrick and Denise, hopefully the Masoods too, Sharon and the Mitchells, The Moons and Stacey, Fowler/Butcher/Jackson's with the return of Martin so plenty of material.
    Yes it may require some rewrites and change of schedule but nothing that can't be fixed.
  • Options
    basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    Whatever the outcome I doubt Shirley will appear in the live episode as the producers wont take the chance of having to rewrite the scripts less than a week before if the trial is 11th Feb. Shirley will probably be absent the whole of the anniversary week as well for storyline consistency.
  • Options
    D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    Why does this thread exist, like what's the point.
    Why would a soap star be discussed on a soap forum?

I'll be kind and let you take first guess bright-spark.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Innocent until proved guilty
  • Options
    Sunset DaleSunset Dale Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Innocent until proved guilty

Not on DS it's always guilty until proved innocent!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The type of characters she plays probably won't help because some people will automatically think she is the same in real life, I've never heard anyone say a word against her in interviews or anything, including Diane Parish, who has been mentioned in another post. Personally I think it is probably a load of cobblers but obviously there is always the possibility it isn't, still I will veer more on the innocent side and support Linda unless proven otherwise.

It will be a shame if it means that Shirley won't appear in the anniversary week, and would be a big loss to EE imo, should the outcome be less than desirable.

I just don't think any assumptions should be made until the full story is known.
    Not on DS it's always guilty until proved innocent!

You've got that right!
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is the police wouldn't of charged her if they felt there was enough evidence, especially to let it go to court, I really hope she isn't but they don't arrest people for nothing if there is not some truth in it but it doesn't help that they have only given the bare detail.

Either way I hope it's a positive outcome for her.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Guilty before been proving Innocent??

Yes Racism is disgusting but Linda has not been accused of anything yet!

Erm... Isn't that exactly what's happened? :p
This discussion has been closed.